Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever... >

1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...

Like Tree2805Likes

1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...

Old 08-14-2017, 12:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CBear3
I get it. I'm not sure I agree with it, but I get it. My biggest issue is everybody turning the nose into scoops to try to get downforce, and in your mounted picture it looks like it's got some reverse rake in it so what's supposed to simulate the bulges over the wishbone is significantly higher than the cockpit.
It is not mounted. I have had to make some changes like mounting servo horizontal because I had it vertical in the pic and yes it did look off, and it is not totally trimmed as of yet for final fitment. Its a different animal than what we get from Tamiya, but I truly think its worth a look
Old 08-14-2017, 02:25 PM
Tech Master

Ok I have another question and its a serious yet not technical question:
What do you want out of the F1 Class?
Is it scale accuracy?
Is it Speed?
Is it pure racing?

I am in it simply for scale ishnesh old liveries new bodies old liveries with classic bodies and mixtures of both. The tracks I race on are not built with F1 in mind, they are technical for our local National ranked guys and there modified TC's. I get that, they have a lot of clout at the track as I am sure they do at most other tracks. We run 25.5 locally, and honestly for the size and dimensions of infield, it is too fast. You are not racing, you are driving you are trying to negotiate circuit you dont have time to worry about who is in front or back. Basically we dont race, we lap as well as we can and try not to hold up the people lapping, I am not suggesting any changes of anything I am just posting what I have seen and if we can make it better then it will be a big win for not only F1 but also VTA USGT and other of the hi turn motor classes
Old 08-14-2017, 03:25 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Scale looks

We run 21.5 and racing is very close.
Yesterday I won first qual by .327 and second qual and main by .1
But our track is very open and 160' straight

https://www.facebook.com/dale.lumanl...7529062184944/
Old 08-14-2017, 04:33 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mleemor60
McAllister is making a Cadillac DP or prototype? Where did you see it? Got any photo's? I went to the McAllister site and couldn't find anything on it. Come on. Please share. Inquiring racers want to know.
Im sure its the Corvette and not the Caddi
Old 08-14-2017, 05:19 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Yeah my bad. Its the Vette. Making a DPi body would open up a whole new can of worms in terms of classes though I did se USLMP rules at one point.
Old 08-14-2017, 09:01 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Has anyone bought a set of Gravity F1 tires and found that they're REALLY out of round? My rears are almost egg shaped out of the package. It's bad enough that you can actually see the rear of the car bounce slightly as it goes down the track. It only seems to be the rears that are out of round. The fronts spin true.

I also just noticed that only one of the four tires has the gravity stamp on the sidewall. Did I just get a set that totally missed QC?
Old 08-15-2017, 03:04 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by texastc
Ok I have another question and its a serious yet not technical question:
What do you want out of the F1 Class?
Is it scale accuracy?
Is it Speed?
Is it pure racing?

I am in it simply for scale ishnesh old liveries new bodies old liveries with classic bodies and mixtures of both. The tracks I race on are not built with F1 in mind, they are technical for our local National ranked guys and there modified TC's. I get that, they have a lot of clout at the track as I am sure they do at most other tracks. We run 25.5 locally, and honestly for the size and dimensions of infield, it is too fast. You are not racing, you are driving you are trying to negotiate circuit you dont have time to worry about who is in front or back. Basically we dont race, we lap as well as we can and try not to hold up the people lapping, I am not suggesting any changes of anything I am just posting what I have seen and if we can make it better then it will be a big win for not only F1 but also VTA USGT and other of the hi turn motor classes
Scale racing. I am an F1 enthusiast, who has gotten into F1RC. I'm not even remotely interested in TC's or off road buggy's etc, I only have a TT02 for my 6 year old son to learn to drive with.

I can not (most likely ever) afford a full size F1 car, and this is the closest and most affordable thing I can race.

If these cars don't remotely look like the real deal, then I'm out.
Acid_CZ and MantisWorx like this.
Old 08-15-2017, 05:19 PM
Tech Master

I am sorry I posted the pic. I see the body differently apparently than everyone else. Of course I have it in front of me and not just a phone pic of one angle. I see old designs, new designs and honestly I see an F1 body, albeit a mixture of about 3 decades of F1. If you all know me I am more interested in the late 80s and early 90s bodies. I see some of that in this one. I also see some of the present lines. Sorry
Old 08-15-2017, 05:24 PM
Tech Champion

if you like the body, enjoy it...until a rule says otherwise.
texastc and NutDriver like this.
Old 08-15-2017, 05:28 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by DARKSIDE
if you like the body, enjoy it...until a rule says otherwise.

I like all bodies, I have at least 2 for every F1 chassis I have and I have bodies for chassis I don't have.
Old 08-15-2017, 05:39 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by texastc
I am sorry I posted the pic. I see the body differently apparently than everyone else. Of course I have it in front of me and not just a phone pic of one angle. I see old designs, new designs and honestly I see an F1 body, albeit a mixture of about 3 decades of F1. If you all know me I am more interested in the late 80s and early 90s bodies. I see some of that in this one. I also see some of the present lines. Sorry
Mate, I wouldn't take the comments as a personal thing, it's not like you are selling them and pushing them as replicas. We all have different tastes and that's fine. My personal opinion is that the bodies should only be replicas of F1. And yes there are many who seem to agree.

Personally I have really enjoyed your posts, value your comments and appreciate your enthusiasm. So don't let an opposing opinion post stop you from being you, even if others don't like something. None of us will always agree with everything we all say or think. That's just the way we were all designed I guess.

Besides, the F1 thread would be a rather boring place without some controversy and debate.
NutDriver likes this.
Old 08-15-2017, 07:30 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by chensleyrc1
Lol, your UGST "argument" is spilling over to the F1 thread, could you roll to the right next time you get a chance and get back in the USGT thread?
Oddly enough Im not inclined to heed your unsolicited "advice." The body question came up here and I see a parallel with another class. Good job on researching and repeating my comments. Id show you a pic of what finger Im holding up but I think you already have a good idea which one it is.
Old 08-15-2017, 08:02 PM
Tech Master

i am fanatical for scale bodies. But There is no one making scale bodies for each of the 10 F1 teams. They all vary a bit, and they vary even more year to year. I do not like the current bodies at all. I like 80-90s but even then they varied a lot team buy team. If I had the means I would make bodies my self and a bunch of different ones besides just Ferrari, McLaren, and older Lotus bodies that Tamiya makes. And I am working on finding the means and the ability to do just that. Not to make money, but to fulfill a passion I have and I believe others would like. There are so many beautiful cars out there from all the way back to the 70s, there are also several that should be forgotten and burned as well. I want to do something about it, I just don't know how.
Old 08-15-2017, 08:46 PM
Tech Adept

That would be awesome but as your have said "I just don't know how".

From a complete novice, my ideas would be to buy a 3D printer, 3D scanner and then follow one of the many DIY RC moulding techniques on YouTube. Buy many different 1/43 (to keep costs under control) Diecast cars and scan, enlarge them using your PC to 1/10 scale.

Surely there's a way.

I would love to have a 40 years of Williams collection....
texastc likes this.
Old 08-15-2017, 08:56 PM
Tech Master

it is a sickness with no known cure

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.