Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever... >

1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2910Likes

1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2016, 02:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by performula
So I've been looking F1 cars and I'm stuck on which one to get. I had my sights on the serpent and xray. Lots of others have been mentioned.

On a side note, all electrics being equal minus 1S, which cars are faster?
Before the XRay love in gets out of hand I'll just say that ALL of the current crop of cars are fast, its more about which one is the easiest to drive fast, and on that count the Xray is probably just in front of most of the others but Tamiya (2nd at the last ETS), VBC, Serpent, Yokomo, CRC are all going to be pretty close on pure speed.

At one of the tracks I race at, the 3Racing F113 is still a front running car, running with the SP's and XRays etc, so I think the lesson here is go for the car that appeals to you most and don't get to caught up in the brand love thing
Old 01-18-2016, 03:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by performula
So I've been looking F1 cars and I'm stuck on which one to get. I had my sights on the serpent and xray. Lots of others have been mentioned.

On a side note, all electrics being equal minus 1S, which cars are faster?
Keep in mind what others are racing in your area and parts availability. We were having the same X-Ray love fest at our local So Cal indoor carpet track but now three of us are running the Lightning FX and winning races so others have picked them up also. The top 2 F1's in our local series are VBC Lightning FX's. Fortunately the local RC track / LHS for me is TQ RC Racing and Sean carries parts for the VBC Lightning F and FX, X-ray, Tamiya and Exotek so those are the main F1's you see raced at our track.

Panda
Old 01-18-2016, 09:19 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by TT120
My F104X1 has a ton of slop as well. I changed out the front arms for new ones and that helped a lot but after just a few races, the slop is back. I'm going to fix the problem by taking off the wheels and bolting them onto a new X-Ray X1.
Originally Posted by ShadowAu
Yes the metal ball are a much tighter fit and cure a lot of the slop issues. I have the TRF102 and there is almost zero slop in it. Also the tiniest amount of pre-load on the springs can help in tightening up the front end without making a major change to handling (i am using 1x0.1mm shim on each side).

Originally Posted by Dan
Slop isn't too bad as long as it's not overly excessive. Slight bit of slop can help an F1 feel less "darty" on bumpy asphalt. Also you will be surprised how much front end slop can develop on the X-ray X1 yet it handles so good.
Cool, thanks! I'll give it a try and see how it feels. This isn't a competition car so it's probably a moot point anyway. It's the engineer in me that doesn't like to see slop in suspension at all lol.
Old 01-19-2016, 02:46 PM
Tech Rookie

Hello everyone, this is my first modern F1 body, and I just wanted to know whether I need to trim the body and side pods a little more before painting and fitting. The side pods fit the body, but don't quite sit properly. Would trimming the body/sidepods a little more fix this? Also just wanted to know whether I have trimmed the body correctly (cut along the correct lines, etc.) Pics:
http (colon) //imgur (dot) com/a/WFQqE

Thanks,

Chris
Old 01-20-2016, 04:04 AM
Tech Addict

Do you ca glue the edges of the carbon suspension arms on the X-ray F1?
Old 01-20-2016, 05:30 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by acutts
I do not think it's necessary. Unlike the chassis and the pod, the suspension arms do not come into contact with the ground.

In addition, the front wing and wheels will take most of the energy from contact or a crash, so the risk of the arms de-laminating from this is low.

Note that the manual doesn't mention CA'ing the arms.
Old 01-20-2016, 09:20 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ShadowAu
Before the XRay love in gets out of hand I'll just say that ALL of the current crop of cars are fast, its more about which one is the easiest to drive fast, and on that count the Xray is probably just in front of most of the others but Tamiya (2nd at the last ETS), VBC, Serpent, Yokomo, CRC are all going to be pretty close on pure speed.

At one of the tracks I race at, the 3Racing F113 is still a front running car, running with the SP's and XRays etc, so I think the lesson here is go for the car that appeals to you most and don't get to caught up in the brand love thing
Don't leave out the Exoteks. I have resisted the pull of the dark force (Xray) so far, and picked up a used F1R2 with IFS from a local racer who was frustrated with F1 and wanted to move on to something else.

I agree with you, pick what you like and get it sorted out. It'll be competitive if the driver is.

Mark
Attached Thumbnails 1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...-img_8536.jpg   1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...-12615242_1040531285986022_3481463607437788546_o.jpg  

Last edited by scirocco14; 01-21-2016 at 07:08 AM.
Old 01-20-2016, 11:25 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

It can't hurt... but not needed as mentioned before. If you like the finished edge look and feel, then go ahead and glue them.
Old 01-20-2016, 02:31 PM
Tech Rookie

Can anyone help?

Chris
Old 01-20-2016, 02:44 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

What car? What body is it? If tyou have a car witha transverse battery you are not getting trhat body on there
Old 01-20-2016, 02:59 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Chris_McLarenF1
Hello everyone, this is my first modern F1 body, and I just wanted to know whether I need to trim the body and side pods a little more before painting and fitting. The side pods fit the body, but don't quite sit properly. Would trimming the body/sidepods a little more fix this? Also just wanted to know whether I have trimmed the body correctly (cut along the correct lines, etc.) Pics:
http (colon) //imgur (dot) com/a/WFQqE

Thanks,

Chris
Originally Posted by Chris_McLarenF1
Can anyone help?

Chris
Hopefully someone with more experience with multi-part bodies will answer but to be frank you've not really given anyone else enough to work with - you say the side pods don't sit properly but you do say or show how.

My first thought looking at the pics is that you need to clean up the cuts a bit (file or sandpaper) because a couple look quite rough and that might be causing things not to fit properly but that's all I can offer
Old 01-20-2016, 03:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

"someone with more experience........."
I think RobK fits that description.
Old 01-20-2016, 05:01 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Before I got my XRAY X1 settled down to my taste I bent a few upper and lower front arms and they did delaminate but they were pretty abused.
Don't think that CA glue would have helped.

At $20 for EACH arm I had to get my setup squared away in a hurry!
Old 01-20-2016, 09:21 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by scirocco14
Don't leave out the Exoteks. I have resisted the pull of the dark force (Xray) so far, and picked up a used F1R2 with IFS from a local racer who was frustrated with F1 and wanted to move on to something else.

I agree with you, pick what you like and get it sorted out. It'll be competitive if the driver is.

Mark
Good job Mark!

The rebel alliance grows RESULTS<
Old 01-21-2016, 07:29 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Motiv 25.5

I see that the Motiv 10255S is listed by ROAR on the approved list. It is the only 25.5 listed. It says the only rotor approved is the Motiv 1300 12.3. Now any of you get this motor and do all of them have the 12.3 rotor?
Thanks and God Bless

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.