Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever... >

1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...

Like Tree2923Likes

1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...

Old 03-31-2015, 03:30 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

New servo mounts if you want to run the IFS set in your F104!

Old 03-31-2015, 10:25 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by IlikeF1
+1 on the AKA tire glue as Dan said. I have never had a tire start to peel from the rim.

As for the Rides tearing - I had this happen as well. I would end up re-glueing the tears after virtually every run. It was a pain but it did the trick.
Thanks for the info guys, I'll try to find the AKA glue here in Europe but a quick search didnt give a lot.
And idd, I guess I'll be glueing the ride's untill they break off the rim
Do Pits have the same problem?? Any idea on how many runs they usually survive?
Old 04-01-2015, 09:04 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Quante
Thanks for the info guys, I'll try to find the AKA glue here in Europe but a quick search didnt give a lot.
And idd, I guess I'll be glueing the ride's untill they break off the rim
Do Pits have the same problem?? Any idea on how many runs they usually survive?
The outer side of Pits glue to the wheel in a different way. There is a flap of rubber that goes over a wheel designed for foam, which gives a much larger contact patch for super glue to stick rubber tyre to wheel. It also removes the thin bead between rubber and wheel.

As a result they do not tear under load. I'd occasionally had to re-glue small sections after a lot of runs, but that is rare.

Rides are pre-glued and the rubber tyre goes into a groove in the wheel. So like most Touring Car rubber tyres. This means the outside bead can tear, and this is where the re-gluing is needed.

If you're interested in some UK based options for a Super Glue with a high rubber contact then let me know, and I can dig out details later.

Hope that helps,
Mark
Old 04-03-2015, 01:12 PM
ha5
Tech Initiate

ready for ets round 3:

Old 04-06-2015, 07:58 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Battery Position

I am curious. Does anyone have any first hand experience with battery position? Most F1 cars you can move the battery from rear mounted to front mounted. Does anyway know what the difference would be? I read something on the Xray sight with there 12th scale saying moving the battery back (transversely mounted) it would ADD steering. I run the battery forward and the car seems to have plenty of steering but I am always looking to make it better. Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Old 04-06-2015, 08:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Robert Bakoczy
I am curious. Does anyone have any first hand experience with battery position? Most F1 cars you can move the battery from rear mounted to front mounted. Does anyway know what the difference would be? I read something on the Xray sight with there 12th scale saying moving the battery back (transversely mounted) it would ADD steering. I run the battery forward and the car seems to have plenty of steering but I am always looking to make it better. Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Its all about weight distribution. A higher forward weight bias on the main chassis plate will yield better onpower steering with greater front end stability over bumps. As the weight moves to the rear you will increase on/off power weight transfer increasing off power turn in and forward bite. To high of a rear bias will often cause the car to scrub excessively on corner entry through apex and result in off power traction roll problems. Too high of a forward bias will struggle to get power down & push more on corner entry in lower grip conditions and diff out or traction roll on corner exit in higher grip conditions. spreading the weight further across the chassis like you would have with a transverse mounted batters will make the car roll easier off center and deeper but change direction slower with a reduction in longer turn corner speed.

If you are mounting your esc right behind or in front of your batter think of it as 1 solid block of weight, their g/cm will be similar.
Old 04-07-2015, 02:35 AM
Tech Adept

The F1 race at MACH Heemstede, The Netherlands, filmed by The-Border.com
+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 04-20-2015, 02:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (91%+)

Top 3 winners of F1 A-Main at the 2015 Mile High Indoor Championships last weekend. 1st place - Drew Ellis, Xray X1. 2nd place - Mario Ficco, CRC WTF1. 3rd place - Robert Bakoczy, VBC Lightning.

Old 04-20-2015, 03:03 PM
Tech Elite

Here are pics of the individual cars on the F1 A-Main start grid at Mile High Indoor Championship last weekend.
Click on the picture to see a larger versions of each pic in Photobucket.

Old 04-20-2015, 06:11 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wwddww34
Here are pics of the individual cars on the F1 A-Main start grid at Mile High Indoor Championship last weekend.
Click on the picture to see a larger versions of each pic in Photobucket.

I think some of the drivers are mixed up a bit in those pictures. Roberts car is listed as Brian Wynn's and Kevin Coles as Jack Kloeber. Not sure if any others.
Old 04-20-2015, 07:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Nick Canelo's car is listed as Robert Bakoczy.
BTW, Nick was driving an F1R2 with the IFS.
Old 04-20-2015, 07:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

I'm pretty sure that Bryan "Dumper" Wynn's car is the one listed for Nick Canelos.
Old 04-21-2015, 02:34 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ha5
ready for ets round 3:

what wing and body combo is this?
Old 04-21-2015, 08:14 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by angrymelon
I think some of the drivers are mixed up a bit in those pictures. Roberts car is listed as Brian Wynn's and Kevin Coles as Jack Kloeber. Not sure if any others.
Oops. I'm sorry about the mix up. I have corrected the labels on the pics. Here is the correct version. You can see larger pics in the Photobucket Album.

Here's the A-Main results.

Old 04-22-2015, 10:55 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by disaster999
what wing and body combo is this?
Looks like they're the stock wings from the F104 pro on the stock X1 body.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.