Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever... >

1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2897Likes

1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2022, 09:37 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

Where is everyone buying the 571/572's from? looks like everyone is out of stock....
Old 01-06-2022, 10:34 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MUDVAYNE
Where is everyone buying the 571/572's from? looks like everyone is out of stock....
The CRC's were the same tires. I'm not sure if the compounds still holds true for last years batches but they have always been excellent on carpet;

https://www.towerhobbies.com/product...saAswUEALw_wcB
dman18t likes this.
Old 01-06-2022, 11:15 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MikeR
The CRC's were the same tires. I'm not sure if the compounds still holds true for last years batches but they have always been excellent on carpet;

https://www.towerhobbies.com/product...saAswUEALw_wcB
Sad thing is I just would need a set or two of rears, I already have an extra set of fronts
Old 01-06-2022, 01:14 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Discount rc handles Schumacher in the USA, they can probably get you the pits as Schumacher has taken over the line. Schumacher sells pairs.

https://www.racing-cars.com/wheels-t...3d1-10th-f1%2f
Rick Vessell and NutDriver like this.
Old 01-06-2022, 01:33 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

In setting up an F1 for asphalt, what is the preferred battery location. I have a choice between mid longitudinal or rear laterally. I have been running the battery in the lateral position, but have been experiencing too little traction in the corners causing oversteer. That could very well be tire, radio, or setup related, but I'd like to get thoughts on battery position. I was thinking it's possible it's transferring too much weight to the side in the lateral position? I suppose it's something to try out on a practice day, it's just a bit of a pain to relocate all of the electronics. As it is for longitudinal, I'm going to need to lengthen the motor wires and get a longer sensor cable.

Side springs are VBC soft (don't know actual value, only 3 levels, soft, med, hard) and the roll damper is a single hole piston with 80wt.I know the roll damper info doesn't mean much to most since it's more of a shock than a damper tube, but I'll at least throw that info out there. Front springs are silver Tamiya soft. Last set of tires I can were Volante Front med Blue/ Rear rev soft White, although I do have a set of purple med-hard fronts that I'd like to try. Sauced rears, nothing up front.
I also have a set of RiDE S2 soft front and S1 super soft rear tires.

Man, I need to clean that silicone mat.

Last edited by WhiteLX; 01-06-2022 at 01:48 PM.
Old 01-06-2022, 05:28 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by WhiteLX
In setting up an F1 for asphalt, what is the preferred battery location. I have a choice between mid longitudinal or rear laterally. I have been running the battery in the lateral position, but have been experiencing too little traction in the corners causing oversteer. That could very well be tire, radio, or setup related, but I'd like to get thoughts on battery position. I was thinking it's possible it's transferring too much weight to the side in the lateral position? I suppose it's something to try out on a practice day, it's just a bit of a pain to relocate all of the electronics. As it is for longitudinal, I'm going to need to lengthen the motor wires and get a longer sensor cable.

Side springs are VBC soft (don't know actual value, only 3 levels, soft, med, hard) and the roll damper is a single hole piston with 80wt.I know the roll damper info doesn't mean much to most since it's more of a shock than a damper tube, but I'll at least throw that info out there. Front springs are silver Tamiya soft. Last set of tires I can were Volante Front med Blue/ Rear rev soft White, although I do have a set of purple med-hard fronts that I'd like to try. Sauced rears, nothing up front.
I also have a set of RiDE S2 soft front and S1 super soft rear tires.

Man, I need to clean that silicone mat.
For Cal RC and Revelations we normally run battery laterally and all the way back just like an off road buggy for more initial rear grip. I remember that shock being tiny and needing to go like 20wt on the oil. That should let the rear pod roll a bit more for the side bite. Volante blue fronts and white rears should be ok for now. Purples are very pushy for me. Bring it out to Cal RC, practice is this Sunday and will be very productive!
robk and Rick Vessell like this.
Old 01-06-2022, 05:49 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MikeR
For Cal RC and Revelations we normally run battery laterally and all the way back just like an off road buggy for more initial rear grip. I remember that shock being tiny and needing to go like 20wt on the oil. That should let the rear pod roll a bit more for the side bite. Volante blue fronts and white rears should be ok for now. Purples are very pushy for me. Bring it out to Cal RC, practice is this Sunday and will be very productive!
Thanks Mike, I stole the 25.5 out of it for my VTA car. Haven't found a replacement in budget just yet. Maybe I'll toss my 21.5 in it for testing. The roll damper shock is quite small. I was thinking it needed to be heavy since everyone runs very thick fluid on the damper tubes. I wish it was easier to change the oil. I do have some 20wt I could try. I'm going to try to make it out Sunday.
Old 01-06-2022, 05:57 PM
Tech Champion

Thanks Mike, I stole the 25.5 out of it for my VTA car. Haven't found a replacement in budget just yet. Maybe I'll toss my 21.5 in it for testing. The roll damper shock is quite small. I was thinking it needed to be heavy since everyone runs very thick fluid on the damper tubes. I wish it was easier to change the oil. I do have some 20wt I could try. I'm going to try to make it out Sunday.
Damper tubes and shocks have very different properties. My car does not have damper tubes
madjack likes this.
Old 01-06-2022, 08:15 PM
Tech Addict

571/572 are the pitshimizu tires, The owners retired and sold molds and compounds to shumacher which continue to make them. Same tire is rebranded and sold by CRC as well.

All identical except for the rims, tires are the same and are king for carpet racing.
Old 01-07-2022, 04:46 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Anyone tried the Team powers new F1 tires or the sweep V6 tires, mainly interested in fronts for now, how do they compare to Volante, they look similar, how do the compounds compare?
Old 01-10-2022, 11:27 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Do a search for your car. It's a 3Racing F109, there's quite a big thread for it with lots of tuning tips.
Old 01-10-2022, 02:28 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by frankf
Anyone tried the Team powers new F1 tires or the sweep V6 tires, mainly interested in fronts for now, how do they compare to Volante, they look similar, how do the compounds compare?
I'm going to try the TP tires next weekend, if parts get here in time. Unfortunately the diameter of the TPs is smaller than the Gravity and Pits - so I lost almost 1mm of ride height - not good on asphalt.
Old 01-12-2022, 05:38 PM
Tech Addict

I've just finished updating the RC Formula1 tyres guide, kit buyers guide and manufacturer's section: https://rcformula1.com
WhiteLX, G-rem, dman18t and 6 others like this.
Old 01-18-2022, 02:56 PM
Tech Apprentice

Just out of curiosity, is the Tamiya TRF102 a decent chassis? I like the Tamiya stuff, but it seems like CRC or Exotek are running the show from what Ive seen....
Old 01-18-2022, 04:36 PM
Dan
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

There are better options. I would not get it due to difficulty finding replacement Tamiya T-bars specific to that chassis. (I know Berzerk makes an aftermarket option if you are not worried about TCS). If you want to stick with Tamiya, get the TRF103, it is by far a superior car to the TRF102.
dman18t likes this.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.