Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree5Likes

Tamiya TB-03

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2012, 11:18 PM
Tech Initiate

hey everyone.
its a shame that the thread has seemed to die off.
hopefully it can be brought back to its former glory.
i have a question. I'm running the tb03 obviously and i am getting new c hubs for my car. but i see that there are multiple degree options. i am just wondering which ones people recommend?
any help would be much appreciated!
cheers.
Old 04-21-2012, 11:31 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Paton92
hey everyone.
its a shame that the thread has seemed to die off.
hopefully it can be brought back to its former glory.
i have a question. I'm running the tb03 obviously and i am getting new c hubs for my car. but i see that there are multiple degree options. i am just wondering which ones people recommend?
any help would be much appreciated!
cheers.
I still run on mate, the best tourer to drive imo.
Grap the 416,417 hard uprights at 4 degree and u cant go wrong...get 3 sets if you like to hit stuff.
Part no 54031.
Old 04-21-2012, 11:39 PM
Tech Initiate

hey great to hear people are still running the tb03!!
so you recommend getting plastic ones? not upgrading to aluminium??
cheers
Old 04-22-2012, 12:34 AM
Tech Initiate

hey all i can find is 4degree c hubs which is what i want but they say they're for the tb5!!
they look very similar, can anyone confirm or deny that they will fit?
if not anyone got a part #?
cheers.
Old 04-22-2012, 01:42 AM
Tech Apprentice

hey all i can find is 4degree c hubs which is what i want but they say they're for the tb5!!
they look very similar, can anyone confirm or deny that they will fit?
if not anyone got a part #?
cheers.
All the suspension bits are the 416 style. But often the packet will say its for another car because tamiya like to make 1 part for 10 cars..
So the hard front c hub upright (54031) says its for the TA05 IFS or something.
Best just to download a 416 or 417 manual and get yr part numbers from that.

http://www.tamiya.com/english/rc/manuals.htm
Old 04-22-2012, 02:41 AM
Tech Initiate

oh okay sweet thanks!
that helps heads. great idea i didn't think of that.
cheers.
Old 04-22-2012, 04:17 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (90%+)

The TA05 are plastic and the TRF416/417 are CF Reinforced. The plastic ones gives you more flex when you crash.

I still have my TB03
Old 04-22-2012, 04:29 AM
Tech Initiate

yer sweet thanks.
i was leaning more towards the aluminium parts. mainly cause they look nice haha. and i don't race much so i don't have big crashes. but i guess if i find any aluminium parts break i will goto the carbon reinforced parts.
I've been reading through the old pages of this thread, if only it was as popular as it was before. the tb03 is an amazing car.
anyone still racing theirs or just bashing?
Old 04-22-2012, 04:58 AM
Tech Adept

yer sweet thanks.
i was leaning more towards the aluminium parts. mainly cause they look nice haha. and i don't race much so i don't have big crashes. but i guess if i find any aluminium parts break i will goto the carbon reinforced parts.
I've been reading through the old pages of this thread, if only it was as popular as it was before. the tb03 is an amazing car.
anyone still racing theirs or just bashing?
Lots of people race theirs at our 17.5 stock class at our track. SO it's not dead. Suspension parts are easily obtain and the drivetrain is pretty much bullet proof.
Old 04-22-2012, 05:05 AM
Tech Initiate

awesome great to hear that it still out there. yer i know its an awesome car! how it go in the races?
Old 04-22-2012, 05:34 AM
Tech Adept

awesome great to hear that it still out there. yer i know its an awesome car! how it go in the races?
It's not the car, it's the driver.

One of the faster driver, was able to claim second place against other cf based chassis running 17.5 using only a Tamiya silver can
Old 04-23-2012, 04:38 AM
Tech Initiate

oh yer i know its the driver more than anything. but a good chassis definitely helps! and the TB03 is definitely a good chassis. but thats a bloody good effort on that guys part.

Last edited by Paton92; 04-23-2012 at 04:53 AM.
Old 05-03-2012, 08:26 PM
Tech Master

Exclamation TB-03 vs. TA05 V2

Long story short, I bought a TB-03 a year ago and thought the car was the best sedan I ever drove. At some point I lost handling and gave up on it, right about when the TA-05 V2 came out so there it sat for a year until now, cleaned the cobwebs and dust off of it, found several bearing siezed and went through the whole car. Just took it out on the track today and the car was amazing again. Now I'm not sure if I want to run the TB-03 or the TA-05V2 for TCS here in So. Cal. Need to do some serious comparison to find out which I like best! Tried asphalt and now going to try carpet this weekend! We shall see!
Old 05-03-2012, 08:44 PM
Tech Apprentice

Go for the Tb03!! ive swapped several times over the last few years between a Ta05 and the Tb03 and the Tb03 always feels a bit better, it just rotates a little faster mid corner.

Heres a tip, I tried using the older longer arms on the front and it smooths out the steering a bit. Use a x or x-a block and 4mm hexes to get the pivot point right inside the tyre.
Old 05-04-2012, 10:50 PM
Tech Master

Exclamation RE: TB-03 vs. TA05 V2

Originally Posted by Lees52
Go for the Tb03!! ive swapped several times over the last few years between a Ta05 and the Tb03 and the Tb03 always feels a bit better, it just rotates a little faster mid corner.

Heres a tip, I tried using the older longer arms on the front and it smooths out the steering a bit. Use a x or x-a block and 4mm hexes to get the pivot point right inside the tyre.
It's interesting you say that because with the set-up I have on the TB03 doesn't seem to rotate through the corners as quick. The TA05 rotates very quickly. I'm running a spool on both cars but the TB-03 pulls very hard out of the corners which can give the impression that it is rotating very quickly but it's just the responsive drive train with shaft that occurs when you pull the trigger coming out of the corner. I try not to go full throttle until the car is going straight so that is what may cause the mid-corner push for me.
The TB-03 has always seemed quicker but the TA-05 is easy to drive in the corners and very consistant.
I'm confused on what block combination you said to try in the front. Right now I'm using C blocks in the front with slight kick-up in the front block of .5mm. I might take the spacer out of the front and allow the car to dive more into the corners. Then maybe move the steering turnbuckle forward hole to increase the response even more.
Saturday I'm running carpet so this could change everything because all I said about the cars handling was based on outdoor asphalt. I'm still experimenting with tire and insert combo for carpet, so this may change my thinking on set-up.
I hope all this makes sense to you. I'll let you know my results after Saturday. Then maybe back to asphalt on Sunday!
Isn't RC cars a blast!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.