Like Tree5Likes

Tamiya TB-03

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2009, 11:33 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (83%+)

Originally Posted by Racecrafter
On the one ways;

A front one way acts like an open diff off power and a spool on power (to some extent). A center one way still allows the use of a diff up front for more tuning options and steering characteristics.

Personally I've never liked one ways. AWD all the time.
I understand. Just out of curiosity, I want to be sure of myself on this one. So if I had a front one way up front and a spool in the rear, it would be the same as having both a spool up front and back with a center one way?

Also, you don't happen to know anything about my first problems with the dogbones not letting my steering knuckles turn all the way to the stopper? They are about to fall out when I push them through friction to the stopper.
Old 09-23-2009, 04:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (96%+)

Just thought I'd share some pics of my RCGT Showdown TB03.

(I've got pics ready to send Timmie, bear with me

Here's the one going to the Mazda Cup this weekend.

And one that Timmie painted for me for the Showdown. It worked good but my current set up wouldn't allow this body to work as I thought it would.

This picture doesn't do it justice. Its and awesome paint scheme with beautiful paint. Thanks Timmie!!

Old 09-23-2009, 05:50 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

NICE! Timmie, i need a body painted please .

Jimmy, just saw the video of the finals. I can't believe (maybe I can), how much faster your car was compared to the rest. What Suspension Mounts are you using front and rear if you don't mind me asking. Thanks.
Old 09-23-2009, 07:20 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by J.Dy

Jimmy, just saw the video of the finals. I can't believe (maybe I can), how much faster your car was compared to the rest. What Suspension Mounts are you using front and rear if you don't mind me asking. Thanks.
Jon,

Are you sitting down?

I have been running the stock plastic that came with the kit, set up right out of the kit, even the wheelbase spacers, they are the same as setup in the instructions.

(If I can figure out my scanner I will post a set up sheet on TRF.)

My list of Hop Ups includes:

46mm aluminum CV axles

Front "slipperential" (built by Scale Auto Engineering div. of Track Star)

Ceramic diff balls rear

Aluminum turn buckles

Aluminum suspension balls

Titanium screw kit

Carbon steering kit

Carbon drive shaft

Aluminum battery strap bolts

(all above for weight savings)

Carbon plastic chassis.

TRF shocks

TA05 sway bar kit

Aluminum diff halves front and rear

(All these for performance enhancement)

I use a KO 2345 servo, KO BMC ESC, Fantom Duo1 motor, Fantom 5000mah 40C batteries, KO Helios 2.4 transmitter.

As you know I'm partners in a business called Track Star. We build R/C race cars for clients. If anyone would like a car built or their current one set up just contact us at [email protected].

We work with all brands.

Jimmy Wright
Old 09-23-2009, 07:43 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by J.Dy

Thank you I have some super high res shots of the body before I sent it to Jimmy, I'll post one up sometime. Of course Jon, just get up with me when you get the chance

Jimmy, I know your busy take your time And by the way I got to watch the showdown video today, omgosh you weren't kidding! That was one of the most intense races I have ever seen! Awesome driving by both of you guys. Jon is right, your car was bullet Loved that inside pass before the straight away yee haaw!
Old 09-24-2009, 01:38 AM
tns
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Timmie
... And by the way I got to watch the showdown video today, omgosh you weren't kidding! That was one of the most intense races I have ever seen! Awesome driving by both of you guys. Jon is right, your car was bullet Loved that inside pass before the straight away yee haaw!
Where to find this video of which people speak?
Old 09-24-2009, 06:38 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by tns
Where to find this video of which people speak?
+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 09-24-2009, 07:02 AM
tns
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Timmie
+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Awesome! Thanks!
Old 09-24-2009, 07:59 AM
Tech Addict

And here is some high resolution images of the body I painted for Jimmy. All paint, no stickers. Oh and no wings, cause I don't mount wings I only paint them hehe

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 09-24-2009, 08:05 AM
Tech Adept

Awesome paint job
Old 09-24-2009, 12:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (83%+)

Can you guys recommend me a good Brushless System? I have a castle creations 4600kv sidewinder systea and novak havok sport 8.5 system. The magnets on my sidewinder are weakened. And the Novak havok sport is bulky, glitchy(can be stopped), and has wires everywhere.

I like the simplicity of the sidewinder. ESC/Motor that's it. Wires can be disconnected from the esc to motor unlike the novak havoc sport.

I like the novak havoc sports smoothness. I got them for separate cars because they are not too much money.

What's a good brushless system?

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXVAG2&P=FR
Old 09-24-2009, 12:15 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by DriftWoof
Can you guys recommend me a good Brushless System? I have a castle creations 4600kv sidewinder systea and novak havok sport 8.5 system. The magnets on my sidewinder are weakened. And the Novak havok sport is bulky, glitchy(can be stopped), and has wires everywhere.

I like the simplicity of the sidewinder. ESC/Motor that's it. Wires can be disconnected from the esc to motor unlike the novak havoc sport.

I like the novak havoc sports smoothness. I got them for separate cars because they are not too much money.

What's a good brushless system?

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXVAG2&P=FR
For drifting, I think it'd be pretty hard to beat a Castle Creations setup. Great price/performance.
Old 09-24-2009, 06:07 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)
Default tb03

what do you recomend for gear ratio for a 17.5 rubber tires and on carpet?track is medium sized.have 64 pitch pinions and spurs.thanks
Old 09-24-2009, 06:53 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by subaru73
what do you recomend for gear ratio for a 17.5 rubber tires and on carpet?track is medium sized.have 64 pitch pinions and spurs.thanks
What speedo, motor and battery are you running? Are you running slicks or xpatterns (RCGT)?
Old 09-24-2009, 07:36 PM
Tech Elite

I'm done fighting with my scanner not working with Vista so here is my attempt to write it out.

Most of you already know I run the stock blocks, shims and spacers per kit instructions.

TRF shocks with the thin spring collar. 3 hole pistons with 550 Kyosho all 4.

Built to 61.5mm in length. full rebound for most tracks (except bumpy ones)

Blue springs front, yellow or red for rear depending on bumps and traction. Red mostly.

push rods at 14.5mm and #2 arm position all around
Shock position #2 on rear tower

Front: #4 camber position w/3mm shim.
Rear: #4 w/2mm shim and #2 on hub.

TA05 sway bars. Usually yellow front, red rear. Recent changes in front diff I took the front bar off.

Droop: I take the tires off and set the chassis on a flat surface. Then I take my calipers and measure from the top of the axle to the surface. All 4 axles I set to .950 inch. (24.1mm)

Ride height: Here I use a gauge under the chassis. Most of the time I run 6-6.5mm on all tracks. At Cam I was looking for more steering without sacrificing stability so I went to 5mm in front with 6mm rear and took .25mm of droop out in front. (24.4mm)

Anything else let me know....... :

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.