Wiki Posts
Search

Losi Xcelorin Brushless

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2008, 07:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Joel Lagace
So we already know its high end pro level because????............... its similar to the GTB? So it must be a high end pro level ESC?

SORRY LOL i just had to take one more stab at it...

For the record i dont have issue with the similarities... To me its a novak with sp2 installed thats all
But, its got all components down the middle for better mass centralization
Old 05-08-2008, 09:37 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 24 (96%+)

I picked up my controller at the post office on my way in to work this morning. If the esc performs as well as the packaging looks, it should rock. The fit and finish of the packaging made me feel like i was opening up a product from apple instead of something from losi.

Will run it this weekend and see how it goes. The box and packing sure is purty.
Old 05-08-2008, 09:54 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by rocketron
huummm
Hacker motors are designed by Rainer Hacker and made in either his German Factory or His Chineese Factory. Yes... It does say on the packaging "Made in China"
Old 05-08-2008, 09:57 AM
Tech Regular

I can vouch that these two esc are not made by the same people.
Losi has done a very good job on this esc and made is user friendly.
Old 05-08-2008, 10:02 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (94%+)

Originally Posted by kyle478
I can vouch that these two esc are not made by the same people.
Losi has done a very good job on this esc and made is user friendly.
Kyle, if that is the case, then WHY would Losi go out of their way to copy every detail about the Novak GTB??? (excluding colors and programability)

Also, why would Hacker go out of their way to make the e40 series look like a Novak or Losi motor? All other Hacker motors look unique to the Hacker product line, but the e40 looks and shares way too many similarities.
Old 05-08-2008, 10:10 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

all the brushless motors are going to look very very similar simply because of the rules. look at brushed motors don't they all look quite similar - except the brush hoods.
Old 05-08-2008, 10:19 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by rocketron
all the brushless motors are going to look very very similar simply because of the rules. look at brushed motors don't they all look quite similar - except the brush hoods.
This is the exact reason. Everyone has to start somewhere. Over the next few years brushless motors will change dramaticaly.
Old 05-08-2008, 06:41 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (94%+)

Originally Posted by kn7671
As for the motors, they sure look identical other than the colors, removable plug, and smooth end-bells. We will know as soon as someone tears one down for us.
Ok, got the Losi system, and I WAS WRONG.... I took the Losi motor apart, and while there are many similarities, the motors are different.

Rotor - Same diameter rotor as Novak, but overall length is shorter. Spacing between placement of bearings is slightly shorter.
Bearings - Same size bearings on each end
End Bell - Laser engraved with Motor Spec, deeper than Novak end-bell, thus making center ring narrower than Novak.
End Cap - Plug is hard soldered on ESC wire board, small bearing is held in aluminum end of motor bell for truer centering, not the plastic timing ring assembly like the Novak.
Motor Stack - Same length, but quality of windings is lower than Novak, and cleanliness of stack assembly is horrible, appears to be rosin or flux of some type coating the stack and wires, quite messy. The stack is also slightly larger in diameter, so Novak rings will not fit, even if narrowed.
Plug Harness - Plug is hard soldered directly to the power board, very sturdy.
End Cover - Same 3 screws as Novak, cover slides off over the sensor plug, sensor plug is flush with Cover when installed and secured with 3 screws.

Performance - yet to be tested and compared to Novak. Other than the messy stack, I see no reason to expect poor performance.

As for the ESC, I don't have my GTB to compare it to anymore, but the Losi ESC is completely laid out the same.

Last edited by kn7671; 05-08-2008 at 06:53 PM.
Old 05-09-2008, 05:19 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I dont think the motor was really eve in question... How about a side by side comparison of the ESC? Perhaps with pictures...
Old 05-09-2008, 06:31 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Please report back the motor comparisons. I could care less of who copied who. I just wanna know which motor you like better.
Old 05-09-2008, 06:55 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 120 (100%+)

Another way you can tell the losi BL system is Knock off of the GTB is the User has the option to have a 2.4ghz version or Standerd Verison on the Same Unit, Where as withe the GTB the used would need 2 Speedos one for 2.4 ghz and one for standerd
Old 05-09-2008, 08:49 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

The standard GTB can be used with any radio including 2.4 with no problems.
The GTB Spread Spectrum is designed for use only with 2.4 systems to take full advantage of the 2.4 systems.

You people can sit here and guess all you want but think about it.
Would a company build a unit for another company that is going to sell for less money than your own product does? I understand they would make money either way but you are cutting your own throat that way.

You are going to find almost all products in RC look like someone elses product in some way or another. So does that mean there is only one manufacturer out there?
Old 05-09-2008, 11:49 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 120 (100%+)

[QUOTE=AZrcdriver;4428965]The standard GTB can be used with any radio including 2.4 with no problems.
The GTB Spread Spectrum is designed for use only with 2.4 systems to take full advantage of the 2.4 systems.QUOTE]

Exactly and the losi has the the ablity to take advantage of using a 2.4 system using software included with the unit. insetead of buying a another unit.
Old 05-09-2008, 12:18 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

The Losi is everything the GTB aspires to be. It's 3+ years newer, so it should be. It's too bad it looks so similar, because that's all people seem to be focusing on, rather than the fact that it seems to be a much more modern ESC with a lot of great features the GTB lacks.
Old 05-09-2008, 12:23 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by syndr0me
The Losi is everything the GTB aspires to be. It's 3+ years newer, so it should be. It's too bad it looks so similar, because that's all people seem to be focusing on, rather than the fact that it seems to be a much more modern ESC with a lot of great features the GTB lacks.

+1

Can't wait to put a 3 cell on my 13.5. Speed and torque baby! Hellzz yeah!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.