Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Losi Xcelorin Brushless

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2008, 01:15 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Losi Xcelorin Brushless

hey all: I would like to know if there is any updated info on losi team driver testing of the new xcelerin brushless motors and speed controller in terms of not only how they like them,but also what classes they perform best in? Thanks

Last edited by Matt M.; 05-28-2008 at 01:35 PM.
Old 05-02-2008, 01:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

I've been running the speedo and a 10.5 and 13.5 for over a month now. Its worked flawlessly. The motors are as fast as all the legal 13.5s out there and my 10.5 hasn't gotten outrun yet.

The brakes are much better than the other brand I tried before I got the Losi stuff. My motors don't get very hot either, speedo never has been higher than 110 degrees.

I haven't run it in mod and probably never will but for 10.5 and 13.5 I think its as good if not better than anything out there.
Old 05-02-2008, 02:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (94%+)

Originally Posted by L.Fairtrace
I've been running the speedo and a 10.5 and 13.5 for over a month now.
Sensored or Non-Sensored? I didn't think the Sensored line made it to retailers quite yet.
Old 05-02-2008, 02:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

I've been running the sensored version. The first few made it to the market this last week.
Old 05-02-2008, 02:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by L.Fairtrace
I've been running the sensored version. The first few made it to the market this last week.
yahooooooooo!!!!
Old 05-02-2008, 03:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Ditto all of Larry's comments.

Granted Larry has run a lot more touring than me lately, the 2 times I've run my Xcelorin speedo and motors... speed has not been an issue. Not to mention, when you make setting changes on the speed control, you really feel the changes. Both the 13.5 and 10.5 have run awesome and they are ROAR approved too. The speed controls are in stock at Horizon and all the combo setups motor/speedo should be coming soon.
Old 05-02-2008, 04:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Other then black colour what else makes these different from the GTB? Is it safe to assume they are tweeked GTBs?

Hows that program card work? where does it plug in
?
Old 05-02-2008, 04:39 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Sure this makes me mad.... I really wanted to try the sensored version but as I started ordering parts the expected release date went from late April to May so I decided not to wait and ordered a Novak system.

I even spoke to a tech and he had no clue as to a release date.

Maybe next time....
Old 05-02-2008, 04:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Joel Lagace
Other then black colour what else makes these different from the GTB? Is it safe to assume they are tweeked GTBs?

?
check out www.losi.com

go to their brushless systems seccion and check out the specs and features and you'll see its not a GTB.
Old 05-02-2008, 05:40 PM
Tech Regular

Xcelorin.....Hmmm......For some reason it sounds like a pharmaceutical drug name. Not a good name for a speed control. By the way what are it's side effects!
Old 05-02-2008, 06:41 PM
Tech Elite

http://www.losi.com/ProdInfo/Files/X...ssAddendum.pdf

The case,fan,heatsink,capacitor,switch are all GTB i guess its whats inside thats different. and counts

I like the external programing and USB connections...
Old 05-02-2008, 06:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by porsche928gs
Xcelorin.....Hmmm......For some reason it sounds like a pharmaceutical drug name. Not a good name for a speed control. By the way what are it's side effects!
a little random there dont you think?
Old 05-03-2008, 04:18 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

?
they are not tweeked GTB's and have nothing to do with Novak. I've run mine in 13.5 rubber TC, 17.5 1/12 and 7.5 electric offroad truck. It's very smooth and completely adjustable via a PC or the programming card. I haven't used the programming card yet but the PC interface plugs into the receiver connector of the esc. I've been completely happy with mine, it's very linear compared to the slow, slow, slow, slow, full speed feel of other brushless esc's I've run.
Old 05-03-2008, 07:47 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

http://www.losi.com/ProdInfo/Files/X...ssAddendum.pdf

The case,fan,heatsink,capacitor,switch are all GTB i guess its whats inside thats different. and counts

I like the external programing and USB connections...

You'll notice in the picture you posted that the servo and switch leads are in the typical JR Brown / Red / Orange colors. What does that mean?!?
Old 05-03-2008, 08:17 AM
Tech Elite

ok ok, shoot me, i was not trying to bash it. I was asking an honest question... Just like one would ask when comparing the ICE to the BLOODY ICE.... All the hardware or most are shared but the internals or softwares are different...

If its a GTB base thats been built onto and or improved than we can openly admit it no?? Its not a knock on the ESC just an observation....

This is a similar observation we see comparing chargers and motors and other electronics we use..... its not the lame comparison people make when a new shaft drive TC comes out and someone says hey it looks like a TC3/4 when all that is similar is the shaft!! LOL

Im looking for a Second BL ESC and after finnally gettting over the size of the GTB would consider the losi in my short list mainly for its programablity its on my list with the speedpassion,tekin and lrp......

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.