Wiki Posts
Search

Losi Xcelorin Brushless

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2008, 07:45 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by yyhayyim
Legally all you have to do is change 1 small thing on any design and it would not be copying...Losi would just have to change a screw, and its a "new" design. Its what's inside the counts and where the real differences are apparent.

Not saying Losi is actually "copying" Novak's GTB, though
so I guess Mr.H@dy is helping Losi with designing ideas (copying ideas) lol

I have a gtb and i have a xcelerin esc coming to me , once i get it i will completely take apart both esc and see how they compare inside and out
Old 05-06-2008, 07:47 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nemix
Has anyone tried the sensored speedo with novak or speedpassion motors yet?

I picked up just the sensored speedo at losipartshouse - but i didnt grab a losi motor yet.
I know Larry has run his with an SP 10.5 since he was waiting for his Losi 10.5 and it worked just fine. Any sensored motor will work just fine too.
Old 05-06-2008, 07:49 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Marcos.J
so I guess Mr.Hudy is helping Losi with designing ideas (copying ideas) lol

I have a gtb and i have a xcelerin esc coming to me , once i get it i will completely take apart tboth esc and see how they compare inside and out
take pics will ya
Old 05-06-2008, 07:51 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by schreff
I know Larry has run his with an SP 10.5 since he was waiting for his Losi 10.5 and it worked just fine. Any sensored motor will work just fine too.
Have you guys ran it outdoors yet? Can it take the heat? What are you gearing 10.5 or 13.5 on outdoor asphalt?
Old 05-06-2008, 08:04 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (94%+)

I picked up just the sensored speedo at losipartshouse - but i didnt grab a losi motor yet.
Well since the Novak, Losi, and Hacker E40 series are all pretty much the same motor, I imagine that the Novak motor's will work super fine with the Losi ESC.
Old 05-06-2008, 08:39 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kn7671
Well since the Novak, Losi, and Hacker E40 series are all pretty much the same motor, I imagine that the Novak motor's will work super fine with the Losi ESC.
As opposed to being the exact same motor, like the SpeedPassion, Orion, Trinity, etc? :-D

I don't know where the Losi motor is made, but the Novak and Hacker are made by entirely different companies across the planet from one another. Aside from the unfortunate use of purple, and fixed sensor harnesses, they're completely different motors. They just share the same lack of style.
Old 05-06-2008, 09:28 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by syndr0me
As opposed to being the exact same motor, like the SpeedPassion, Orion, Trinity, etc? :-D

I don't know where the Losi motor is made, but the Novak and Hacker are made by entirely different companies across the planet from one another. Aside from the unfortunate use of purple, and fixed sensor harnesses, they're completely different motors. They just share the same lack of style.
I've got a Losi System (ESC/Motor) on the way, and will tear down the motor to see it they are Novak pieces. If the Hacker e40 are different, I apologize, I read somewhere that they are Novak sourced. I will get a Hacker e40 13.5 on the way to find out as soon as I can find one available.
Old 05-06-2008, 11:00 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by kn7671
I've got a Losi System (ESC/Motor) on the way, and will tear down the motor to see it they are Novak pieces. If the Hacker e40 are different, I apologize, I read somewhere that they are Novak sourced. I will get a Hacker e40 13.5 on the way to find out as soon as I can find one available.
Hacker? Definitely not, they're designed by Rainer Hacker himself, a prolific brushless motor designer.

Who knows on the Losi, but definitely take some pics when you tear it down. I'm curious to see the rotor, especially.
Old 05-06-2008, 11:03 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I've run it with Novak 17.5, 13.5, 10.5, and 7.5 motors and it was perfectly fine with all of them
Old 05-07-2008, 09:06 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

How does the losi 10.5 motor compare to the Novak 10.5 motor? I see that the Losi has a lower KV rating. I'm looking to use it in a xxx-t MF2.
Old 05-07-2008, 09:40 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by syndr0me
Hacker? Definitely not, they're designed by Rainer Hacker himself, a prolific brushless motor designer.
huummm
Old 05-07-2008, 11:17 AM
Tech Lord

Or, so I was led to believe. I can't imagine he'd outsource something, since it's his business and all. Is he doing OEM for Losi? :-)
Old 05-07-2008, 04:44 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I cant believe you are all still stuck on the similarities with the GTB, to me the losi is identical to the speedie released by Speedpassion called the Feigao

I am tempted to get one, but the association with the Feigao is holding me back.
Old 05-07-2008, 06:14 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Besercoe
I cant believe you are all still stuck on the similarities with the GTB, to me the losi is identical to the speedie released by Speedpassion called the Feigao

I am tempted to get one, but the association with the Feigao is holding me back.
WHAT What are you smoking?

The Losi ESC looks just like a Novak GTB (other than the colors), and is probably made by the people making Novak. The only similarity to Feigao is that they are programmable with an external handheld unit. The actual programmer and process is completely unique to the Losi ESC, for now....

As for the motors, they sure look identical other than the colors, removable plug, and smooth end-bells. We will know as soon as someone tears one down for us.

Look, I don't think anyone has a problem that Losi and Novak have some sort of secret partnership. I've never had a Novak ESC fail on me, and the GTB was very reliable. Novak's Brushless motors are very tough too. I'm so happy that about this that I bought a Losi system. Should have it tomorrow, and I will tear down the motor.
Old 05-07-2008, 06:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by yyhayyim
Losi's providing a lot of value for only $229. For a high end pro level ESC and motor BL system its a great deal.
So we already know its high end pro level because????............... its similar to the GTB? So it must be a high end pro level ESC?

SORRY LOL i just had to take one more stab at it...

For the record i dont have issue with the similarities... To me its a novak with sp2 installed thats all

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.