Wiki Posts
Search

Losi Xcelorin Brushless

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2008, 08:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ramyuras
Need help with my xcelorin I ran it a few times and it works fine but this weekend I had a problem with the motor stopping and not moving it sound like when the pinion and spur got out of mesh but that wasn't the case the pinion and spur was just fine did anyone have that problem? if so what did you do to fix the problem.
This sounds like a sensor issue. Try replacing the sensor wire to see if that helps. If not, there could be a damaged sensor in the motor which will cause that. I've only seen that happen one other time with a 10.5 and the motor got up to 235* after one of it's runs. After running at temperatures that high, it did the same thing you're explaining, but nothing was visibly melted inside. Turned out a sensor was damaged and the motor had to be replaced.
Old 06-18-2008, 08:15 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fpart
Best quote of the offroad season yet-"Get out of the way! you're not even a contender!"- author to remain nameless

That sounds like a famous quote I heard a long time ago:

Drive-thru!
what can I say, sometimes it's hard getting the old guys outta the way so you gotta DRIVE THRU! How's everything Tom?
Old 06-18-2008, 08:15 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by schreff
This sounds like a sensor issue. Try replacing the sensor wire to see if that helps. If not, there could be a damaged sensor in the motor which will cause that. I've only seen that happen one other time with a 10.5 and the motor got up to 235* after one of it's runs. After running at temperatures that high, it did the same thing you're explaining, but nothing was visibly melted inside. Turned out a sensor was damaged and the motor had to be replaced.
Thank you for your help the highest temp my motor went was 205deg but I will replace the sensor wire and see what happen.
Old 06-20-2008, 06:15 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Any chance of a raise of hands of Xcelorin owners running lipo without any issue?

I've spent way too much reading every Xcelorin thread I could find - seems the LVC cutting in prematurely is the most common topic. Trying to determine if its a widespread issue.

On a slightly different note, I downloaded the ESC software today and upon installing, my antivirus (AVG) became all excited - "wujack virus detected in preinstaller.exe". Tested with 7 other AV programs and they came back negative. Sent the possibly infected file to AVG for "deeper investigation" and the report came back postive.

Personally I think its a false positive. Does make me raise an eyebrow though.
Old 06-20-2008, 06:31 AM
Tech Regular

Latest news is that my friend said that switching to no LVC was not 100% successful. It cut out once durring the whole weekend. But with the LVC enabled it was cutting out multiple times every run.
Old 06-20-2008, 07:10 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (94%+)

I've not had any issues with LVC - but for those that have, I think this is a problem with the ESC not providing stable Voltage or Amperage to the BEC circuit feeding the servo and receiver.

Using a LRP Sphere '07 on my 1/12, and experienced cut-off issues, regaining control with 1-2 seconds. I added the Spectrum Capacitor to the Receiver, problem solved.
Old 06-20-2008, 07:25 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by kn7671
I've not had any issues with LVC - but for those that have, I think this is a problem with the ESC not providing stable Voltage or Amperage to the BEC circuit feeding the servo and receiver.

Using a LRP Sphere '07 on my 1/12, and experienced cut-off issues, regaining control with 1-2 seconds. I added the Spectrum Capacitor to the Receiver, problem solved.
We tried a cap on the spektrum receiver and didn't notice any difference
Old 06-20-2008, 10:44 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Matt Howard
what can I say, sometimes it's hard getting the old guys outta the way so you gotta DRIVE THRU! How's everything Tom?

Hey Matt..Doing good. Back to offroad. Where are you living now?
Old 06-20-2008, 10:57 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by scrawl
Any chance of a raise of hands of Xcelorin owners running lipo without any issue?

I've spent way too much reading every Xcelorin thread I could find - seems the LVC cutting in prematurely is the most common topic. Trying to determine if its a widespread issue.

On a slightly different note, I downloaded the ESC software today and upon installing, my antivirus (AVG) became all excited - "wujack virus detected in preinstaller.exe". Tested with 7 other AV programs and they came back negative. Sent the possibly infected file to AVG for "deeper investigation" and the report came back postive.

Yes AVG does believe it found a virus, but instructions say to temporarily disable AV programs while installing.
Old 06-20-2008, 01:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by scrawl

AVG is a real pain when it comes to the Losi software. You can ask Ron there. I spent 2 whole days installing the software on like 5 machines (2 XP boxes and 3 Vista boxes), all have AVG. After just being fed up, I figured... what the heck, I removed AVG completely on one of the Vista boxes and BINGO. Reinstalling the Xcelorin software after that worked fine. I then reinstalled AVG afterwards and it came up thinking there's a virus. Whatever file it moves to the vault obviously isn't important once the drivers are installed because everything still works. Just don't remove the file from the Vault.

Rule of thumb... if you have AVG (any version) running on your PC and you want to install the Xcelorin software... REMOVE AVG. Don't disable it, REMOVE it. Once the Losi stuff is installed and working, put AVG back on and you should be fine.

I know Larry uses Panda Antivirus and his doesn't complain. I've also seen it install and work fine on some machines running Symantec stuff as well.
Old 06-20-2008, 02:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by schreff
AVG is a real pain when it comes to the Losi software. You can ask Ron there. I spent 2 whole days installing the software on like 5 machines (2 XP boxes and 3 Vista boxes), all have AVG. After just being fed up, I figured... what the heck, I removed AVG completely on one of the Vista boxes and BINGO. Reinstalling the Xcelorin software after that worked fine. I then reinstalled AVG afterwards and it came up thinking there's a virus. Whatever file it moves to the vault obviously isn't important once the drivers are installed because everything still works. Just don't remove the file from the Vault.

Rule of thumb... if you have AVG (any version) running on your PC and you want to install the Xcelorin software... REMOVE AVG. Don't disable it, REMOVE it. Once the Losi stuff is installed and working, put AVG back on and you should be fine.

I know Larry uses Panda Antivirus and his doesn't complain. I've also seen it install and work fine on some machines running Symantec stuff as well.

report it as a false positive to AVG and they will take care of the issue...
Old 06-27-2008, 08:12 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Hey guys, if you're looking for some more info on the software for the Xcelorin ESC's we just put together a tutorial and posted it on Losi.Com, HorizonHobby.com, and YouTube. Main difference is you can full-screen it on youtube.

http://losi.com/Articles/Article.aspx?ArticleID=1804
http://horizonhobby.com/Articles/Art...ArticleID=1804
http://youtube.com/watch?v=AARVVQdT3ac
Old 06-29-2008, 01:37 PM
Tech Rookie

I'm 99% sure I can, but I have been told that the Xcelorin may not be compatible with the Novak 10.5ss.

Old 06-29-2008, 03:27 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (95%+)

Originally Posted by farmerdan
I'm 99% sure I can, but I have been told that the Xcelorin may not be compatible with the Novak 10.5ss.

The Xcelorin will work fine with a novak motor of any sort. I ran a novak 13.5ss for a couple of race days while i was waiting for for losi 13.5 to come in.
Old 07-01-2008, 09:23 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

can you adjust the timing on the 10.5 motor

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.