Wiki Posts
Search

New Jaco Rubber Tires

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2008, 10:31 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Marcos.J
yes the heat was crazy on saturday!
OMG I was so glad that my wife did not come on Saturday. She may have melted . I was shocked when I was taking track temps on Saturday. The air did not feel that bad, no worse then on Sunday. But the track was a lot hotter.

Any one for an indoor track?

Originally Posted by Kraig
RURC, Looking at the pictures of the tires on the car it almost looks like you are running foam tires.
They only look like it because of the side wall. I will post a photo soon of a Takeoff and a Jaco side by side. Both will be ones we used this weekend. They are not foam. Just ask Marco. He runs in the mod class and was pushing them to the edge. My son dose not go that fast (yet watch out Marco he likes you but he's gunning for you) so the tires were great performers for him.
Old 06-17-2008, 10:47 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RURC
OMG I was so glad that my wife did not come on Saturday. She may have melted . I was shocked when I was taking track temps on Saturday. The air did not feel that bad, no worse then on Sunday. But the track was a lot hotter.

Any one for an indoor track?

They only look like it because of the side wall. I will post a photo soon of a Takeoff and a Jaco side by side. Both will be ones we used this weekend. They are not foam. Just ask Marco. He runs in the mod class and was pushing them to the edge. My son dose not go that fast (yet watch out Marco he likes you but he's gunning for you) so the tires were great performers for him.
I was pusning mine trying to keep up with PW lol

here is mine

Old 06-17-2008, 11:23 AM
Tech Adept

OK Markos it is proof that you had a bad day when your body looks as bad as Christopher's. I dont think that anyone could have kept up with Paul all weekend. A couple would stay for a while but in the end he found the fast line and kept it clean. I have known Paul for a number of years and he has always been a great guy as well as a driver.
Old 06-17-2008, 12:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

can i get these tyres in hong kong or any other asea country??? mostly run mod BL motor, outdoor asphalt with fast corners... any 40 shores??? thanks...
Old 06-19-2008, 02:19 PM
Tech Adept

I suggest you goto Jacos web site.

http://www.jacoracing.net/

Here are the photos I promised of the Jaco and a TakeOff.

Jaco tire is the one on your left hand side as you look at the monitor.

If you look here you can see that the Jaco has a slightly lower profile.

Here you can see the foot print. The Jaco has a slight bit more. Again it is on the left.

Old 06-22-2008, 05:19 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

How / Where is everyone getting these tires and how do I get some? A few weeks ago they sounded close but my pre-order still hasnt been filled.
Old 06-22-2008, 06:35 PM
Tech Fanatic

They are starting to arrive at the distributors. Should be very soon.
Old 06-22-2008, 06:44 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default readt

Originally Posted by Jack Rimer
Thank you Jack. I'm running out of tires. I even buy some of the old greens and blues if you have them.
Old 06-22-2008, 07:30 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Ran the tires for the first time yesterday on the new wheels, and I am very happy with them. I tested the blue compound. They are solidly glued, and the wheels are extremely durable. The only problem I had was I picked up a cut on the one front tire, but I do not believe that is the fault of the tire. I too had to add a little camber into the front of the car. I was previously running 1* negative, and I added a little, but did not measure. I believe I will have to add a little more. Tires were very consistant from run to run, unlike my driving. I actually set my fastest run on the 5th run that I put on the tires. The car was glued to the track all day. With a few set-up changes, I should be able to really pick up the pace. I plan on running these tires until the lap times drop off noticably, or until the cords start showing, whichever came first. I can't wait to try the greens when I can get a hold of a set. If they are anything like the blues, they should also be very good.
Old 06-22-2008, 08:57 PM
Tech Elite

Everyone I have talked to loves the New tires.. I cant wait to run them on Carpet this fall....
Old 06-23-2008, 01:10 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by or8ital
How / Where is everyone getting these tires and how do I get some? A few weeks ago they sounded close but my pre-order still hasnt been filled.
Try Superior Hobbies. I picked up a few sets of blues last week
Old 06-23-2008, 05:52 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jack Rimer
thats good.. i can't wait to get these now... I ran marcos old sets and i put 2 runs on 2 sets and really liked them also i will need to add alilttle bit more camber to the front and maybe the rear... i'm running 1.6front and 1.2 rear and they were awesome all day...

Thanks,
-DC-
Old 06-23-2008, 06:05 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TimV
Ran the tires for the first time yesterday on the new wheels, and I am very happy with them. I tested the blue compound. They are solidly glued, and the wheels are extremely durable. The only problem I had was I picked up a cut on the one front tire, but I do not believe that is the fault of the tire. I too had to add a little camber into the front of the car. I was previously running 1* negative, and I added a little, but did not measure. I believe I will have to add a little more. Tires were very consistant from run to run, unlike my driving. I actually set my fastest run on the 5th run that I put on the tires. The car was glued to the track all day. With a few set-up changes, I should be able to really pick up the pace. I plan on running these tires until the lap times drop off noticably, or until the cords start showing, whichever came first. I can't wait to try the greens when I can get a hold of a set. If they are anything like the blues, they should also be very good.
I had to increase my camber by about 1.5 degrees additional to get it to stop running on the side wall. I ran my 10.5 car again w/ the blues on a cold track and they stuck surprisingly well w/ about 7 runs on them. I'm concerned about some odd wear on the sidewalls though, has anyone experienced any pitting on the sidewalls on the new blues?

I want to try some greens, i don't think it gets quite hot enough out here to run the blues effectively.
Old 06-28-2008, 01:24 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Finally.... I got to test the new blues today.. First off great tires. I have more than enough side bite and great foward bite. I was olny able to get 2 runs on them today with just 2 heats being run. Track temp was 135*, Tires came off still with center lines on. Tires also were run right out the bag with NO traction compound and NO warmers.
Old 06-28-2008, 03:38 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Also.. Glue job was great I just checked all 4 wheels..Not 1 spot of ungluing.. Also not 1 sign of a cracked wheel.. Next time I will hit something so I can try and break a wheel so I can complain...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.