R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   New Jaco Rubber Tires (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/218752-new-jaco-rubber-tires.html)

yyhayyim 04-24-2008 03:41 PM

New Jaco Rubber Tires
 
Wow...the new Jaco Rubber tires and wheels are the nicest I've ever seen. Last night a Serpent Team Driver had a pair sent to him for testing by Jaco. After running 2 packs on them with 10.5 and Mod, the tires never became unglued., and the rubber held up perfectly. No beading or strange looking wear patterns or rubber ripping off the tire, like the old Jacos. The Wheels are like the Jaco Foam Prizm wheels, with those tear drop holes...but the wheel is very strong. If you break them you should retire:nod: Testing was done on high traction asphalt which is known to tear weak tires apart from the awesome traction...the old jaco blues had no chance & would rip rubber off after a few hard laps. The New ones still had the middle ridge(the ridge down the middle on all new set of tires) after a pack(over 30 laps)!!!

I ran about 15 laps on them and drove them hard and they felt incredible. The tires are the real deal. Just as good as the old CS27s in quality and wear, and the new wheel is the most beatiful wheel I've seen on a long time and its what I'll be running for sure!!

Anyone else have a look at the new tire?


Regards,

Yohan

RKeasler 04-24-2008 04:08 PM

shoulda got some peechers man;)

Rod

yyhayyim 04-24-2008 04:27 PM

1 Attachment(s)
The wheels look like these, and the tires are Rubber, of course...

yyhayyim 04-24-2008 04:29 PM

Those are the sweetest looking wheels in the rc market today, I'd say....its about time we rid of them nasty looking unrealistic dish wheels:cool:

Xtreme2008 04-24-2008 06:17 PM

When they are available? Look very nice

mrrcguy 04-24-2008 06:29 PM

I too have been testing some of these for Jack, and let me say this; These freaking rock! My favorite by far of all I have tested. I cant wait until they are readily available. They work so good in every way. Add to this the fact that they look great, now thats a good combo. I think there is a picture of them on my car while on the track (www.rchobbiesraceway.com) They make the car stand out fromm the crowd.

Nice work Jaco!

yyhayyim 04-24-2008 07:46 PM


Originally Posted by mrrcguy (Post 4385736)
I too have been testing some of these for Jack, and let me say this; These freaking rock! My favorite by far of all I have tested. I cant wait until they are readily available. They work so good in every way. Add to this the fact that they look great, now thats a good combo. I think there is a picture of them on my car while on the track (www.rchobbiesraceway.com) They make the car stand out fromm the crowd.

Nice work Jaco!

Nice to hear your results. I'm sold. Jack nailed it this time. I think that they had really good traction, and even trying to drive them hard did not get them unglued or bent nor had any weird wear patterns or beading.

I hope they're out very soon- no more ugly dish wheels:D and really good wearing and performing tires:cool:

yyhayyim 04-24-2008 07:49 PM


Originally Posted by Xtreme2008 (Post 4385688)
When they are available? Look very nice

Hopefully by the next month!!

FOXY923 04-25-2008 07:26 AM


Originally Posted by yyhayyim (Post 4385376)
Those are the sweetest looking wheels in the rc market today, I'd say....its about time we rid of them nasty looking unrealistic dish wheels:cool:

I agree. I hate dish rims.

I think Jack said in another thread that the new Rubberz would be out in June. I hope it's more like tomorrow:sneaky:

pc9840 04-25-2008 07:28 AM

Its good to see that Jaco is starting to make decent tires again.

Are those rims not very similar to the same ones that came stock on the TC3?

chris_dono 04-25-2008 07:36 AM

They are very similar to the TC3 wheels

Jack Rimer 04-25-2008 08:14 AM


Originally Posted by pc9840 (Post 4387217)
Its good to see that Jaco is starting to make decent tires again.

Are those rims not very similar to the same ones that came stock on the TC3?

Ouch!
I hope you are talking about the rubber tires! Our foams have been "decent" for a while. :lol:

syndr0me 04-25-2008 08:26 AM

The Prism wheels remind me of the VW wheels I see on their little hatchback cars sometimes. They're definitely sharp, dish wheels are v.boring.

yyhayyim 04-25-2008 08:36 AM


Originally Posted by Jack Rimer (Post 4387331)
Ouch!
I hope you are talking about the rubber tires! Our foams have been "decent" for a while. :lol:

The foam/carpet tires are really good. Very popular and loved by the masses. Now you've done the same with these new Rubber tires- great job Jack.

The new wheels look very tough yet so nice looking and this new updated tires should defenitely be a big hit. I know I'll be running them:sneaky:

Congrats,

Yohan

PitNamedGordie 04-25-2008 08:37 AM


Originally Posted by syndr0me (Post 4387359)
The Prism wheels remind me of the VW wheels I see on their little hatchback cars sometimes. They're definitely sharp, dish wheels are v.boring.

Actually they remind me of the BMW 6 Series wheels....except the Jaco's are 6 spokes not 7.

http://www.analogstereo.com/images/om/bmw_6.jpg


All times are GMT -7. It is currently 05:15 PM.

Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.3.4
Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net