Wiki Posts
Search

New Jaco Rubber Tires

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2008, 05:58 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jack Rimer
Those are our special "high pressure" tires.
Did you run the state race today? How was the glue job? You better say "great" because I glued most of them myself!
yes we ran them yesterday the glue job was great! we are running again today. you guys will be very happy with these tires!
Old 06-15-2008, 08:17 AM
Tech Adept

Do you race at Jackson? So far, that is the one track where I have heard that the blues do not work. I don't know why. We have either run or tested the blues on 9 different tracks and Jackson is the only one I have heard had issues. I wish I knew why. Any ideas?
Yes to your question. I have not tried it a any other track but I will do so soon there was one guy that tried something and it was a little better but was still a little loose in the rear what he did was sand the tire down, the front tires was good it's just the rear that keep breaking loose we tried different setup but still loose in the rear.
Old 06-15-2008, 03:57 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Jack, Thank You for the batch of tires for the Fl. State Series. We have now used them at 2 different tracks race 5 @ K-Raceway and race 6 @ Adreneline. The track temp today was in the mid 130's @ noon time. It was all most twenty degrees cooler then yesterday (low 150's). We never got time to recheck the track temp later in the day. These tires worked fine down here in the Sunshine State. THANKS !! from the fseara crew.
Old 06-15-2008, 04:54 PM
Tech Fanatic

That's great news! We will be working all this week and next week to get them out to the distributors as soon as possible.
Guess I will be covered in CA for the next two weeks. Oh well.
Old 06-15-2008, 05:01 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

That's great news! We will be working all this week and next week to get them out to the distributors as soon as possible.
Guess I will be covered in CA for the next two weeks. Oh well.
You know...I would accept assembled and not glued. Maybe that can be a new standard for $20 less per set...
Old 06-15-2008, 05:04 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

i ran a set today at the indoor asphalt track(360 Speedway) they felt very pushy with the setup i have on the car now i was running older greens with alot of runs on them and was still faster then the new blues... im gonna do some changes to my car next week and give them another try..
Old 06-15-2008, 05:09 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by joey
i ran a set today at the indoor asphalt track(360 Speedway) they felt very pushy with the setup i have on the car now i was running older greens with alot of runs on them and was still faster then the new blues... im gonna do some changes to my car next week and give them another try..
Hey Joey,

How warm was the indoor track surface? Would think that blues are too hard for indoor.
Old 06-15-2008, 05:17 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

didnt really have a change to check temp but its not air conditioned so its almost outside temp, i did run the older blues a few weeks ago and had great results in lap times..
Old 06-15-2008, 05:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Still Bill
Hey Joey,

How warm was the indoor track surface? Would think that blues are too hard for indoor.
Bill, i race there also...

Track temp was in the upper 80's, yes it was cool, but we have decent grip so harder tires often work there, i use take off 32's the majority of the time, softer tires are slightly faster, but only last a few runs where a 32 can get around 20 good runs.
Old 06-15-2008, 06:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Where did you race?
I have a ton of data for you Jack. They work really well at the Blue Diamond. I ran the same set i ran yesterday and i gave one set to a fellow racer to try out (we are all hunting for tires so i figure small price to pay to help find the right one!! ).

The track is unsealed asphalt and is very fast. It is rough on the tires and my 6 run's from yesterday are done, they got really slick after about the 9th run. I did some more testing on the sidewall issue and i adjusted for a little more camber and caber gain through suspension travel and the rims never scraped the track like yesterday. I run a losi type r w/ a 10.5 brushless at BD and a 13.5 at the Bowl.

The other racer ran brand new out of the package blues, ran well for the first 5 runs, then just fell completely off. But the first five runs were very good ones and the feedback was generally positive until the 6th run.

Track temps were about 135 (temped it this time), and the tires came off at about 115 at their hottest run, 107 at their coolest one.

When my tires fell off it was a very controllable change, meaning they didn't just get greasy and throw me all over the track. They started losing their grip gradually and when they were finally done, they still were able to get me around the track just not nearly as fast as when they were "on", difficult for me to verbalize but i hope i am conveying the idea.

As a spec tire i wouldn't mind running these, not sure about how long they last for the club racer though i'll continue to run them and give feed back.

Jack ... Thanks for your hard work bro!! These tires are DEFINITELY an improvement over the last set of Jaco tires i've run, not only that the wheels are a real crowd pleaser looks wires.

They run an xray fk 07,I ran 6 run blue and EVERYONE noticed!! They all loved the rims.

This is what they look like after 6 runs:

Last edited by YmeBP; 06-16-2008 at 05:44 AM. Reason: Resize the photo holy crap that was a big picture hahah sorry about that!
Old 06-15-2008, 11:29 PM
Tech Adept

We ran the tires also at the Florida State Series. We did not need to because my son runs novice class. But we decided that we should check them out. I have to say that I was very impressed. They wore well and very straight. My son is 8 and still getting the hang of all this so he did hit the wall and barriers a bit. The rims did not fail and the tires held out very good. Used one set for the whole weekend for races. We did use Take Offs for practice not the Jacos, we wanted to save them. The rims looked great also.

However I did see 2 guys that had problems, one being Paul Winn. Now I do know that Paul said he had like 6 runs on them and one tire was splitting down the middle but the other 3 were good. I dont remember which spot the tire was in but I did personally see it. The other was another mod racer that had 2 tires pull off the rim, cleanly. So that looked like glue failure to me. He said this was 2 runs.

Here are the tires on my sons car. The look is great. I will get more of these tires and soon.

Another body he ran.

Cant resist the action shot.

YmeBP Please resize that lower photo.
Old 06-17-2008, 08:44 AM
Tech Adept

Thanks YmeBP for the resize.

I forgot to post track temps. On Saturday the track peaked 166 F. On Sunday the peak I got was 143 F. It was on Saturday is when I saw Paul Winn and the other guy with problems. I saw and heard nothing on Sunday. It was damn hot on Saturday that could be the culprit.
Old 06-17-2008, 09:48 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

My friend and I just picked up two sets of blues (Thanks mike ivy). They certainly look different. We won't be running for another week & a half, but we'll let you know what we think.

Comming from several sets of RPs, I can say the sidewall is definitely shorter. Does that mean the outer diameter of the tire is smaller as well? I would imagine they are since they need to be the same inner diameter as the standard TC wheels

Just wondering in case I need to be aware of any gearing changes...

BTW: I really like the idea of using a different wheel each time the tire compound changes. This way the end customer always knows exactly what they are getting weather they are second hand or not...
Old 06-17-2008, 09:49 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RURC
Thanks YmeBP for the resize.

I forgot to post track temps. On Saturday the track peaked 166 F. On Sunday the peak I got was 143 F. It was on Saturday is when I saw Paul Winn and the other guy with problems. I saw and heard nothing on Sunday. It was damn hot on Saturday that could be the culprit.
yes the heat was crazy on saturday!
Old 06-17-2008, 10:19 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

RURC, Looking at the pictures of the tires on the car it almost looks like you are running foam tires.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.