Wiki Posts
Search

New Jaco Rubber Tires

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2009, 10:32 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by artwork
Jack-

We have been seeing the tears since the blues were moved over to the Prism wheels. You can get 40+ runs on a single set but over time the groove appears on the inside of both front and rear tires and over time split on the line and then it is time for a new set. every single tire that I have had failure it was due to a split on the inside groove. Even after all of these runs the insert looks great and does not appear to be broken down at all. It seems to me like the tires wear the same even with the running change. The failure is always a split on the formed groove even as soon as last week it happened to me.

I love the blues they have made carpet racing my favorite kind of racing due to the level of traction they provide and the amount of runs you can get out of a single set of tires.
The new inserts are a little wider so they don't allow the tire to move around as much. This should cut back on the friction between the tire and the ribs on the wheel. We will be shipping these this week. None are out on the market yet so the only change implemented was the wider belt thus far.
Old 07-07-2009, 04:13 PM
Tech Master

Hi
When are we expexted to see these wheels n tires in the UK please,
Cheers Malc