Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tekin RS ESC sensored

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2010, 08:34 PM
Regional Moderator

Originally Posted by MantisWorx
just making sure i have this right before i melt somethin down! if you are running in sensored mode it does not matter where the endbell timing is right?
No, in sensored mode it matters very much. The static timing in the motor is always there in sensored mode. In sensorless, the static timing doesn't really matter since the sensors aren't used anyway. In dual mode, the sensors are only used at startup and below some fixed low RPM.
Old 08-23-2010, 09:27 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default New Redline motors

Just a little something I noticed on my Tekin Reline motors.. two of my Tekin Redline motors have a 12.3mm rotor (21.5 and 17.5).. these motors are the older motors with no laser engraving.. the newer laser engraved motors I have came with 12.5mm rotors.. anyone else noticed this??

Always thought the newer motors had more punch.. but seems its also to do with the bigger rotor. On a large track we raced at recently the older motor had more speed down the straight.. makes sense why now..

cheers
Old 08-24-2010, 03:35 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gameover
yes, it's the weirdest thing i've ever seen, i work with embedded controllers and firmware every day, i cannot for the life of me work out why a simple software flash can cause this

with 203 i run my brakes at 65-75% on the radio, with 208 even on 100% they are strong but delayed when braking from high speed (ie. turbo mode on) the motor is turning in the 50k+ rpm mark.

I can see the full brake lights flashing so there's no issue with not getting full signal.
iv got this problem with 203 and 208, ok in dual mode but in sensor mode at end of long straight delayed brakes, only happens when brakeing after full timming (long straight), in,field ok. good luck let me know if you work it out id love to use my tekin again.
Old 08-24-2010, 03:40 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default ESC Shuts down after Turbo Kicks In

Hi, just wondering if anyone has experienced a situation where the ESC and/or radio seems to shut down upon turbo kicking in.

Let me describe the situation : this past weekend, my son's car had no steering whatsoever when it reached full speed with turbo. I am not sure if the throttle also shut down, but the the car had no steering and the momentum carried it straight into the wall at the end of the straight (damage assessment : spool outdrive smashed, broken top-deck, suspension pins and arms kaput !)

Car is a T3 with 7.6 FDR, timing boost at 50, start rpm 8k, end rpm 18k, turbo boost at 18, turbo ramp 1, delay 0.2.

I am wondering if the ESC could have shut-down once turbo kicked in as the power draw lowered the battery voltage below the LIPO voltage cutoff ?

Any views on what could have happened.

TIA
Old 08-24-2010, 03:59 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Randy_Pike
What motor is this?
Hi Randy,

I'm running a 10.5t X12

Chris...
Old 08-24-2010, 04:05 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jay m
iv got this problem with 203 and 208, ok in dual mode but in sensor mode at end of long straight delayed brakes, only happens when brakeing after full timming (long straight), in,field ok. good luck let me know if you work it out id love to use my tekin again.
make sure there is no push control on
Old 08-24-2010, 04:36 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)
Default LED question

Currently using version 208 and noticed something different with the LED's.

The LED in the middle is on then it takes the temp reading and back to the middle LED. Sometimes all the LED's flash for a second. This happens as soon as i turn it on, its not after a run.

Is this normal now for 208? You can see it happen at the 13,27, and 33'rd second. I tried new sensor cable, motor, and re-calibrated the radio.
+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Last edited by nitrobeast; 08-24-2010 at 04:47 AM.
Old 08-24-2010, 05:03 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

try resetting and re flashing 208 back
Old 08-24-2010, 05:37 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

[quote=nitrobeast;7847475]Currently using version 208 and noticed something different with the LED's.

The LED in the middle is on then it takes the temp reading and back to the middle LED. Sometimes all the LED's flash for a second. This happens as soon as i turn it on, its not after a run.

Is this normal now for 208? You can see it happen at the 13,27, and 33'rd second. I tried new sensor cable, motor, and re-calibrated the radio.
+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
[/quote

Talk to the Techs at Tekin. that is the sure fire way to get an answer to your problem. they are there to answer questions about their product. I did and found that they are very helpful and knowledgable(sp?).
Since they built it they should know...right?
You will gat all kind of answers on this thread and some may be right and some will be wrong.
I spent time talking to Tekin reps. and got a solution to my problem.
Old 08-24-2010, 05:58 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by jay m
Same problem here, i´ve read that this should be solved by reflashing ESC..
Old 08-24-2010, 06:02 AM
Tech Adept

Default f

Originally Posted by nitrobeast
Currently using version 208 and noticed something different with the LED's.

+ YouTube Video
nitrobeast,after load 208 u have reset your esc then re-calibrated ? is reset not is re-calibrated..hope is help...
Old 08-24-2010, 06:12 AM
Tech Elite

I rest my case......TALK TO TEKIN for straight answers!
Old 08-24-2010, 08:33 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally Posted by HoJo
Hi, just wondering if anyone has experienced a situation where the ESC and/or radio seems to shut down upon turbo kicking in.

Let me describe the situation : this past weekend, my son's car had no steering whatsoever when it reached full speed with turbo. I am not sure if the throttle also shut down, but the the car had no steering and the momentum carried it straight into the wall at the end of the straight (damage assessment : spool outdrive smashed, broken top-deck, suspension pins and arms kaput !)

Car is a T3 with 7.6 FDR, timing boost at 50, start rpm 8k, end rpm 18k, turbo boost at 18, turbo ramp 1, delay 0.2.

I am wondering if the ESC could have shut-down once turbo kicked in as the power draw lowered the battery voltage below the LIPO voltage cutoff ?

TIA
Sounds to me... most likely... he was just on the trottle too much, turned while still in turbo.. and pushed into the wall. either way, doesnt' sound like an issue with the tekin.
Old 08-24-2010, 09:17 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by HoJo

TIA
Had same thing happen to me but with car having no steering and going WOT down the straight. I have installed an external BEC and the car runs fine now. I have sent in a e-mail to tekin but still have not heard back
Old 08-24-2010, 09:20 AM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

If the car lost steering that's a receiver/radio issue. What radio system are you using?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.