Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tekin RS ESC sensored

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2010, 03:02 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by HoJo
Hi, just wondering if anyone has experienced a situation where the ESC and/or radio seems to shut down upon turbo kicking in. ...
Any chance you're using a JR/Spektrum high torque servo? I've been having similar issues with 2 different brands of ESC. The local hobby shop was told by Castle Creations that for some reason, JR high-torque servos can draw up to 6 amps when changing direction, which causes the ESC's BEC circuit to shut down briefly. This re-boots your receiver for a second or two and (if you're lucky), the car stops. At the end of a straightaway, the amp draw should be lower at high RPM, so any low voltage issues should happen when you first hit full throttle. My car always seems to shut down at the end of the straight just as I turn in, so Castle's explanation sounds possible. I'm going to try a big capacitor on the receiver this week, and if that fails swap to differend brand of servo.
Old 08-24-2010, 03:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Originally Posted by on d way
nitrobeast,after load 208 u have reset your esc then re-calibrated ? is reset not is re-calibrated..hope is help...
Yes i did...
Old 08-24-2010, 04:28 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Does anyone have a good base 17.5 duo1 setup for IIC?

Thanks
Old 08-24-2010, 04:36 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bukil
Does anyone have a good base 17.5 duo1 setup for IIC?

Thanks
There are a few different 17.5 sets here. Good luck.

http://www.fantomracing.com/motor-setup.php
Old 08-24-2010, 04:54 PM
Tech Champion

never mind...found my answer

Last edited by InspGadgt; 08-24-2010 at 06:06 PM.
Old 08-24-2010, 07:12 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 1armed1
At the offroad nats this last weekend I would lose steering at the end of the straight also.

It was the servo going out.

I installed a different servo and the issue went away.

Dayton
Originally Posted by Kevin Marcy
Any chance you're using a JR/Spektrum high torque servo? I've been having similar issues with 2 different brands of ESC. The local hobby shop was told by Castle Creations that for some reason, JR high-torque servos can draw up to 6 amps when changing direction, which causes the ESC's BEC circuit to shut down briefly. This re-boots your receiver for a second or two and (if you're lucky), the car stops. At the end of a straightaway, the amp draw should be lower at high RPM, so any low voltage issues should happen when you first hit full throttle. My car always seems to shut down at the end of the straight just as I turn in, so Castle's explanation sounds possible. I'm going to try a big capacitor on the receiver this week, and if that fails swap to differend brand of servo.
Hi

Thanks will change out the servo and also check the capacitor. Am using Futaba 9551 servos. Not sure if there is high amp draw for it.

Just wondering what happens when the BEC cuts-in ? Does the ESC apply auto-braking to slow the car down ?
Old 08-24-2010, 07:42 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Originally Posted by phisher
There are a few different 17.5 sets here. Good luck.

http://www.fantomracing.com/motor-setup.php
Thanks.
Old 08-24-2010, 10:24 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hairy
my guess is he is refering to being stupid.
Here is a question for him: When going down the straightaway are the vehicles ,you usually race,are they pulling away from you now? If they are then you have a speed problem. If you are off the pace by two seconds in general then it can be everything from a worn bearing to a bad speedo.Do you see what I mean? I'm not trying to mean or anything it's just to general of a statment.
yup thats what I ment sorry , I thought Muppet was a universal word

I maintain my car perfectly and to sugest something faulty on my car if you knew me would not be a question ...

I cannot test against the others as they dont train so much as me and when they do train I am usually working due to my shifts at work..

As i said the only thing that changed in my car was the speedos softwere so i am thinking that IS the problem , and can 10 other people who are having almost the same problems as me have a bad bearing or a bent tierod or a broken belt or so on ..... after just uploading softwere ???
Old 08-25-2010, 01:45 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Tekin RS with SP V3.0 Motor

Hi
I've just bought an RS and was planning to run it with my existing SP V3.0 13.5T motor, however a couple of guiys at are club are telling me not to bother as the RS does not work well with this motor and I need to buy a LRP X12 13.5T to get the best performace. This suprised me as I though the SP motors were pretty good, and with the adjustabiltiy of the RS I should be able to get a pretty good setup.

Has anybody got a SP V3.0 13.5T motor running on a RS / RS Pro that they are happy with, or un happy with?

My ESC will be runing 208 when it's installed

Thanks
Old 08-25-2010, 02:39 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by HoJo
Hi

Thanks will change out the servo and also check the capacitor. Am using Futaba 9551 servos. Not sure if there is high amp draw for it.

Just wondering what happens when the BEC cuts-in ? Does the ESC apply auto-braking to slow the car down ?
I have the 9550 and it is a very similar servo, had no issues like how you describe. Is the ESC getting hot?

Sounds like it will be worth getting it sent in for service if your setup is good for your application.
Old 08-25-2010, 03:15 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

thanks for the suggestions guys i dont run with push control tried reflashing and reseting have not tried a little drag brakes il give it a try cheers
Old 08-25-2010, 03:41 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by tc3team
I have the 9550 and it is a very similar servo, had no issues like how you describe. Is the ESC getting hot?

Sounds like it will be worth getting it sent in for service if your setup is good for your application.
i now the 3.0 sp runs great with a tekin.
the x 12 just are geting hot with oke power.
Old 08-25-2010, 04:00 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Markeo
Hi
I've just bought an RS and was planning to run it with my existing SP V3.0 13.5T motor, however a couple of guiys at are club are telling me not to bother as the RS does not work well with this motor and I need to buy a LRP X12 13.5T to get the best performace. This suprised me as I though the SP motors were pretty good, and with the adjustabiltiy of the RS I should be able to get a pretty good setup.

Has anybody got a SP V3.0 13.5T motor running on a RS / RS Pro that they are happy with, or un happy with?

Thanks
I run the SP V3 13.5 motor with my RS and it is just as fast as the X-12, it only lacks a little bit of bottom end compared to the X-12.
Old 08-25-2010, 04:36 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Markeo
Hi

Thanks
I have been running a SP v3 13.5 for about 4 months and it is a good motor with the RS

Allthough to get it quick with v208 i am running MAX timing from 8,xxx to 19,xxx gearing of 6.4 and MAX turbo with a 0.3 delay and the temps are still only 65 dergees C with the Sp motor cooler and fan on the motor

I dont advise you to MAX everything out as i have done but it works for me and that is all I can say
Old 08-25-2010, 04:49 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sidecarphil1
I have been running a SP v3 13.5 for about 4 months and it is a good motor with the RS

Allthough to get it quick with v208 i am running MAX timing from 8,xxx to 19,xxx gearing of 6.4 and MAX turbo with a 0.3 delay and the temps are still only 65 dergees C with the Sp motor cooler and fan on the motor

I dont advise you to MAX everything out as i have done but it works for me and that is all I can say
i think you hit the nail on the head,your not suppost to run max timing as it can bog down and i think that is why you are slower

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.