Tekin RS ESC sensored

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tekin RS ESC sensored

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2009, 04:23 AM
Tech Elite

Dont see you having a hassle fitting the RS or Pro as they are one of if not the smallest brushless esc's available.
Old 08-25-2009, 06:27 AM
Tech Elite

Dear Tekin Team,
I have installed the RS pro and the Red Line 21.5 today and run it with no load for the first time. Thank you very much, it worked instantly. It didn't even need to calibrate for some reason. I pluged everything in, turned it on and becasue the speedy sbeeped a couple of times or somethign, then returned to silently sitting with some light on or something, so I squeezed the throttle on a whim. It was already set up, everything was there. Throttle, brakes, the lot. I have no idea how I've done it, (or maybe you lot did it) but it was indeed a nice surprise.

Nice F1 flat out throttle sound too (I hope that's not something wrong). And the flashing lights at full boot! Cool. I was hypnotised like a kid on christmas morning.

Do I need to clean/lube or do anything with the motor before I whack the pinion on and take the car to the track?

And one more question. I am not quite sure what is the mark I need to use to adjust the timing? The motor case has a scale in degrees, but the endbell only has a notch which may or may not be the alignment mark since it has another two sister notches spaced at 120 degrees around the endbell.

Hope it will be as great on the track too. We'll know in a week from now, I hope. Any advice where I should start with the FDR? I would like to take it easy so as to not smoke it in five minutes and have to buy another one and wait for two weeks to get it here. We run indoors on a twisty carpet track. For reference I use and FDR of about 6.6 in my TA05 with a sports tuned black can on this track (the motor/speedy on the other hand are going to run in my 007 Xray).

Thank you very much guys and I will report back.
Old 08-25-2009, 08:13 AM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

You are going to want to calibrate the speedo to your transmitter even though it worked out of the box.

For gearing questions it helps to no track demensions and or a picture of the track so all of us can help you out.
Old 08-25-2009, 09:09 AM
Tech Master

Tekin is the most used speedo on my home track and still growing.
2 will come soon with a Tekin and 1 waits till he has the money.
2 other drivers that came to drive some weeks ago take also a Tekin.

Tekin is nr 1 out here by far.
3 gm drivers
11 Tekin drivers
3 SPX drivers
2 TC drivers
And more drivers need a brushless speed control.
Old 08-25-2009, 10:41 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Randy_Pike
You are going to want to calibrate the speedo to your transmitter even though it worked out of the box.

For gearing questions it helps to no track demensions and or a picture of the track so all of us can help you out.
Are you suggesting that the calibration might still be off? It seems that everything happens when it should. I forgot to mention I have downloaded and installed the v198 in the speedy before having installed anything, and I have also adjusted everything in hotwire to my liking (profile, brakes, boost, etc), so all the software work was done long before I hooked anything up.

I will try to take a picture of my track, I thought the FDR on a standard motor like the black can would say something about the track (I am actually leading the championship atm and my motors last a fair while, so I am not pushing hard at all - I would say my gearing is "conservative").

Just for a brief description of the track though, about 30 by 12meters carpet, three straights connected on the outside (three sides) with a succesion of slow chicanes in the infield followed by a wraparound, a hairpin and another wraparound coming into the first straight through a second hairpin.
Old 08-25-2009, 11:48 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally Posted by niznai
Are you suggesting that the calibration might still be off? .
You said that you NEVER calibrated your ESC, and Randy is telling you to go ahead and do it ANYWAY, even though it seems to be working out of the box.
Old 08-25-2009, 11:53 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Mine worked out of the box, but I did go through the calibration. It isn't a fluke, but it probably isn't the best if can be if you don't tune it to the radio.
Old 08-25-2009, 01:32 PM
Tech Elite

recalibrating is so easy and straight forward i do it after i change any settings on the esc.
Forgot to mention in my previous post that i now have much better brakes with v200 but braking off of turbo is not as fierce as my SP so it doesnt lock up the wheels.
Old 08-25-2009, 01:51 PM
Tech Master

I didn't test the brakes.
I was driving one way last Sunday
This Sunday I drive again but than with my Tekin motor. Club race.
Old 08-25-2009, 03:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

do I still have to remove the that file for vista

Last edited by dawgmeat; 08-25-2009 at 03:51 PM.
Old 08-25-2009, 03:46 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

Randy, Is Tekin making or going to make a voltage booster for the single cell lipo classes? Was just wanting to sell another high quality Tekin product in my store.

Ken
Old 08-25-2009, 03:53 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dawgmeat
do I still have to remove the that file for vista
Randy's video is how to do it on Vista, and he removes the file, so I would assume so.
On XP, the process is still the same, but it isn't as straight forward.
Old 08-25-2009, 04:08 PM
Tech Master

RS PRO=Unfair Advantage
Sick Power
Smoothest ESC I ever own
Great Job Well Done Team Tekin
Finished 1st again but much Stronger than ever
Old 08-25-2009, 05:55 PM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

We're are looking into a few new items to add to our product line. I wish I could devulge what we're doing, but can't...

We have our own version of "skunkworks" if you will: Engineers that we feed every now and again, some water here and there. If they're lucky we let them watch some old reruns of wester movies!

This is why guys local to me always ask "why aren't you ever at the track? Or why aren't you at this event?" And of course the answer is " I was testing something I can't show you...I knew you'd be there so I was at this track...

There are products in the works...in time you will see them. There are some shows coming up for just this reason, perhaps something will "show up."
Old 08-25-2009, 05:59 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Randy_Pike
We're are looking into a few new items to add to our product line. I wish I could devulge what we're doing, but can't...

We have our own version of "skunkworks" if you will: Engineers that we feed every now and again, some water here and there. If they're lucky we let them watch some old reruns of wester movies!

This is why guys local to me always ask "why aren't you ever at the track? Or why aren't you at this event?" And of course the answer is " I was testing something I can't show you...I knew you'd be there so I was at this track...

There are products in the works...in time you will see them. There are some shows coming up for just this reason, perhaps something will "show up."
So I won't be at the regionals since I know you'll be at Speedworld testing

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.