Search

Tekin RS ESC sensored

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2009, 03:00 PM
Tech Master

Thanks Randy.

Yesterday raced on a large track.
4 Tekin Redline 10,5 motors.
some GM motors and the most of the drivers used the LRP motor.
That's because the LRP motor is the Belgium national championship stock motor.

SPX, GM and Tekin speedo's drove with a Tekin motor.
On all the speedo's the Tekin motor was fast.
I hath the same speed as the GM and SPX drivers.
Also as they were using a GM motor or LRP motor. The field was very close.
The Tekin with the Turbo is incredible fast.
I tried a lower boost and a heavier gearing and the acceleration was great. even faster than I hath before. Only negative thing was the lower top speed.
Next week I use this setup at the Dutch RC Series.
The next track is a little bit shorter so it will work better.

I can tell you all that the gap between the other speedo's that there was without the Turbo on the big track is closed.
Great work Tekin.
October will be indoor racing again. 10,5 Lipo.
I can't wait. want to see how it goes this year.
Old 08-02-2009, 03:39 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Advil
Awww man...you went and made him famous! Now his head will never fit in the car!
Remind me to do something evil to you later
Old 08-02-2009, 05:36 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Guys,

Any help on this is appreciated. A fellow racer has an issue with an RS Pro ESC. When everything is connected, and the switch is turned on, all the LED's glow very dim. Steering is normal, fully charged battery, etc. Tried to go through the typical setup procedure, but all the LED's continue to glow dim. Changed settings on the radio (Futaba 3PK radio, reversed throttle), but still the same result. Connected it to Hotwire, and can't get the ESC to respond to any setting changes.

Anyone have any idea what is going on and how to fix it? Not sure if it's a software/hardware issue where the ESC needs to be sent in for repair, or if it's something simple we are overlooking.

Thanks.
Old 08-02-2009, 05:52 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Randy, What is the status of the 64 bit version of hotwire? With Windows 7 coming out soon was going to go ahead and go to 64 bit. Need to figure out of if I need to get a second PC just for hotwire. Thanks.
Old 08-02-2009, 06:06 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RC Professor
Guys,

Any help on this is appreciated. A fellow racer has an issue with an RS Pro ESC. When everything is connected, and the switch is turned on, all the LED's glow very dim. Steering is normal, fully charged battery, etc. Tried to go through the typical setup procedure, but all the LED's continue to glow dim. Changed settings on the radio (Futaba 3PK radio, reversed throttle), but still the same result. Connected it to Hotwire, and can't get the ESC to respond to any setting changes.

Anyone have any idea what is going on and how to fix it? Not sure if it's a software/hardware issue where the ESC needs to be sent in for repair, or if it's something simple we are overlooking.

Thanks.
When i first installed the Tekin i had the plug in the receiver the wrong way around and the LEDs where dim.

Ran the Tekin RS in 17.5 over the weekend and was definitely faster than what i am normally with my LRP Sphere. Very happy convert
Old 08-02-2009, 07:29 PM
Tech Rookie

Just inquiring after racing last week at out club mine and a mate have basically the same setup we ahve same sepedie and motor combo now and he has been running his longer then me.

We both running the same settings on the speedie using hotwire but his motor seems to be getting alot hotter then mine. Could this be a problem with the speedie as the the motors are the same age.
Old 08-02-2009, 08:30 PM
Tech Master

If you also have the same car and batteries, i'd say driving style. Brakes make a motor hot, as much as full-noise does. If one of you is smoother than the other, you motor would almost definitely be cooler.
Old 08-02-2009, 08:56 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Randy_Pike
Nobody has 200 yet, sorry.

I'm letting the rest of the "testers" get me their info prior to release. I've already stated that we have to make the software right.

It's easy to just throw something out there,but if it's wrong or there is a glitch it's exponentially harder go get it back!

It's like carpentry: Measure twice, cut once.

I'm taking emails now and adding them to a list. Anyone that has contacted me thus far is on the list and you will all get it at the same time, literally.

Sorry to hear that you went to KO, after seeing 200 I'm sure you'll be back.
Randy, ya gotta quit thinking like a carpenter, were talking race cars here.
Measure once and if ya gotta cut twice, well that's what welding rod is for
Old 08-02-2009, 09:07 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 159 (99%+)

Originally Posted by RC Professor
Guys,

Thanks.
If it is not plugged in backwards, you prolly need to re-update the esc. I have seen this happen several times and you need to "down grade" the esc using hotwire and then re upload the latest firmware.
Old 08-02-2009, 09:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Nobody has 200 yet, sorry.

I'm letting the rest of the "testers" get me their info prior to release. I've already stated that we have to make the software right.

It's easy to just throw something out there,but if it's wrong or there is a glitch it's exponentially harder go get it back!

It's like carpentry: Measure twice, cut once.

I'm taking emails now and adding them to a list. Anyone that has contacted me thus far is on the list and you will all get it at the same time, literally.

Sorry to hear that you went to KO, after seeing 200 I'm sure you'll be back.
I may me I loved the tekin... I just like to try out new stuff every so often...

the tekin could NOT baloon the tires on the bench no where close to what the KO did... i was impressed so i got an offer and got a KO... I loved my tekin ALOT and i have no hard feeling stowards them... just wanna run somthing different...

in fact i got a tekin redline 21.5 motor today to try out...

Alex
Old 08-02-2009, 09:16 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

So i got to play with the 199 today, and I gotta say, I didn't notice much of a difference. I certainly didnt' see any kind of "two speed" kick in, down the back straight. Perhaps my settings were off or something, or maybe thats what I get for playing with 199 before 200 comes out Fyi, here were my settings

RSpro
Duo 17.5
10 timing on motor
20 timing on boost
20 (max) on turbo
1 on turbo delay (i assume thats 1 ms?)
large outdoor asphault
4 : 1
~160 degrees.

Anyway, I hope we see 200 soon.
Old 08-02-2009, 09:25 PM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Capt: I'd bet you weren't told about the epa adjustment that is needed to make 199 work properly. That is the reason why 199 was never released to the public.

Orbital: I'll have a better answer for you monday.

Dim lights can be software not installed properly and or install issues.

First do a factory reset, if that doens't cure it. Re install older software, then upgrade it once it's working properly.
Old 08-02-2009, 09:28 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Capt: I'd bet you weren't told about the epa adjustment that is needed to make 199 work properly. That is the reason why 199 was never released to the public.
Oh no doubt.... I knew damn well I was missing some trick-of-the-trade to get 199 to work properly. But I was hoping I could get it working withOUT seeing the 199 bug

Oh well... 200 will be here soon enough!

Cpt.
Old 08-02-2009, 11:55 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by or8ital
Randy, What is the status of the 64 bit version of hotwire? With Windows 7 coming out soon was going to go ahead and go to 64 bit. Need to figure out of if I need to get a second PC just for hotwire. Thanks.
Have a look for "windows xp mode" in windows 7. It runs a virtual machine for xp if you want it to.
Old 08-03-2009, 01:16 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 138 (100%+)

where can i get 1.99 firmware?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.