Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tekin RS ESC sensored

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2009, 09:23 PM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

That can be shown because of multiple settings overlapping. We only have 7 led's and if we show you say profile 7 randomly it's because it's ran out of led's to use.

If when you plug back into the Hotwire and all your settings are shown current, you're good.
Old 09-20-2009, 03:41 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Hi. Just hooked up my RS Pro to an X-12 5.0 turn (with factory default -10deg timing).

Started off with MIN timing advance in the ESC and the temps seem good (abt 70 deg C). However there didn't seem to be much punch coming from the motor (compared to a 4.5t), just a very smooth takeoff.

Is this due to me running MIN timing or is this normal when one downgrades by 0.5turns ? If this is the case how much shld I advance at a time while doing further test runs? I'm running on Dual Mode currently.

In addition could this be due to my batteries not being able to supple enuf current (4000mah, 20C)? I did run the same pack with my 4.5turn previously and the speed was definitely there.
Old 09-20-2009, 06:13 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Randy_Pike
That can be shown because of multiple settings overlapping. We only have 7 led's and if we show you say profile 7 randomly it's because it's ran out of led's to use.

If when you plug back into the Hotwire and all your settings are shown current, you're good.
Thanks for that, gives me piece of mind
Old 09-20-2009, 08:20 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Randy_Pike

By this time Next week there should be a couple of Tekins in the A-main at the regionals. Hopefully all of the radio issue's are solved and I can start to run like MO Derek and I will be battling for who gets to sit in the front seat on any futre Tekin trips when you're driving I couldn't make it out to Ripon last night (had to watch the fight) but I know he was there and I'm sure he has his settings dialed in. With the amount of practice time before qualifying I know we'll have things rocking. Keep up the good work bro.
Old 09-20-2009, 02:56 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by STLNLST
By this time Next week there should be a couple of Tekins in the A-main at the regionals. Hopefully all of the radio issue's are solved and I can start to run like MO Derek and I will be battling for who gets to sit in the front seat on any futre Tekin trips when you're driving I couldn't make it out to Ripon last night (had to watch the fight) but I know he was there and I'm sure he has his settings dialed in. With the amount of practice time before qualifying I know we'll have things rocking. Keep up the good work bro.
You're funny Clint. Yea if we both make the show, you can be my defense shield. Any ways last night I finished 2nd in 13.5tc behind Doug Lemmons. Any ways I'll se you this comming weekend as I'll be rocking 13.5, WGT, and open modified. Are you going to be there friday night.
Old 09-20-2009, 03:50 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Team Pink
You're funny Clint. Yea if we both make the show, you can be my defense shield. Any ways last night I finished 2nd in 13.5tc behind Doug Lemmons. Any ways I'll se you this comming weekend as I'll be rocking 13.5, WGT, and open modified. Are you going to be there friday night.
Cool dog. I'll be rocking my 13.5 too. After that I plan on runnin people down like MO. Hope to see ya in the show dog. For real do. word.
Old 09-20-2009, 05:18 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Hi Guys

Can I get some advise on setting up my Tekin rs pro/17.5 V200 (for touring car stock racing)

Track: Medium size, average lap times in 19 sec, medium to long straight with a tightish infield, track surface is asphelt.

Tyres: Rubber

Car: TC5R

And also what FDR would be best too.

Cheers

Steve.

Last edited by runinonempty; 09-20-2009 at 05:20 PM. Reason: .
Old 09-20-2009, 05:21 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Team Pink
Not going to practice Friday. I want to practice during actual race times
Old 09-20-2009, 06:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by runinonempty
Hi Guys

Can I get some advise on setting up my Tekin rs pro/17.5 V200 (for touring car stock racing)

Track: Medium size, average lap times in 19 sec, medium to long straight with a tightish infield, track surface is asphelt.

Tyres: Rubber

Car: TC5R

And also what FDR would be best too.

Cheers

Steve.

Hey Steve,

What track are you running at in Sydney, If it is SMA below is what I would recommend as a starting point.

Motor 0 timing, Timing boost - 30, Turbo - 20 with around a 1 second delay, FDR of 4.0-4.2 to start with. You will obviously need to do a few practice runs and come in to temp check it at about 3-4 minutes. Look at temps of the motor and also see how it feels on the track, you should be able to feel the punch out of the corners but still good speed on the straight.
Old 09-20-2009, 07:30 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 99 (100%+)
Default Tekin Hotwire and software

Hey guys, I'm hoping you can answer this question. I have been thinking of getting the Tekin RS for 1/12 scale but wanted to know if anyone is using the software on a Macbook with windows xp on it running through VMWare?

thanks in advance.
Old 09-20-2009, 07:30 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by B4james
Hey Steve,

What track are you running at in Sydney, If it is SMA below is what I would recommend as a starting point.

Motor 0 timing, Timing boost - 30, Turbo - 20 with around a 1 second delay, FDR of 4.0-4.2 to start with. You will obviously need to do a few practice runs and come in to temp check it at about 3-4 minutes. Look at temps of the motor and also see how it feels on the track, you should be able to feel the punch out of the corners but still good speed on the straight.
Thanks for the advise

And yes it is for SMA

Cheers,

Steve
Old 09-20-2009, 07:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Speedo when sitting flashes to the first acceleration led every five seconds. Normal? Lately I have been getting no power all of a sudden. Not the radio as I am on my 2nd system and it's doing the same thing with my newest system as it did with the M11 (now) KO. When it's on (working) it's beautiful.
Old 09-20-2009, 07:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by runinonempty
Thanks for the advise

And yes it is for SMA

Cheers,

Steve

No probems, you could probably even max out the turbo boost and bring the delay down to .7 or .8 depending on your temperatures.

The TC5 is not as efficient out of the box as some of the recent tourers so definitely make sure of the temps, I had one in the past and found that the bomber belt in the front and Associated high efficiency belt in the rear helped a fair bit with this.
Old 09-20-2009, 07:44 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by picco007
Hey guys, I'm hoping you can answer this question. I have been thinking of getting the Tekin RS for 1/12 scale but wanted to know if anyone is using the software on a Macbook with windows xp on it running through VMWare?

thanks in advance.
I used XP with Bootcamp is worked fine, but with VMware is worked. Why don't you setup your windows XP with Bootcamp if your is Intel?
Old 09-20-2009, 08:07 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 99 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MaxSp97
I used XP with Bootcamp is worked fine, but with VMware is worked. Why don't you setup your windows XP with Bootcamp if your is Intel?
I already set it up with VMware.....so it does work?

Thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.