Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tekin RS ESC sensored

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2009, 11:51 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

mabe the guys with weak brakes need to clean out the motors? take the end off and blow it out with air and see if that helps?

a dirty/fuzzy internals caused me to get some throttle lag so why couldnt it affect the brakes too right?

just a thought

Alex
Old 07-26-2009, 12:19 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Unhappy

Originally Posted by Randy_Pike
One factor that people with lack of brake strength have in common so far is tha the rollouts or FDR's are HUGE compared to us here in the states. Since the gearing is so tall it's harder to slow the car.

We are in working on an adjustment to compensate. Often times the brakes are turned down because they're too strong. I remember the first time I slammed the brakes in testing I stripped a spur!

We are going to make it right...
Originally Posted by cosmo1974
Randy,
Thanks for the response.

Do you have any comments about:
-- the type of change you are planning to make
-- when it is likely to occur
-- who will perform the end user beta testing to verify the change
(before full public release)

Cheers
Originally Posted by Randy_Pike
Mike, I too would like to know what motor you have. So far the braking issues has shown a pattern of non Tekin motors being a contributing factor. We should work equally well esc to esc so we're still looking at the braking on large tracks.
First comment from Randy was:
"... FDR's are HUGE compared to us here in the states ..."
"... We are going to make it right.. ..."

This has changed to
"... shown a pattern of non Tekin motors being a contributing factor ..."

I'm prepared to let my Tekin RS Pro sit on the shelf for a couple of months until a fix is found, however, if Tekin dont agree there is a problem or aren't prepared to do anything, then please let me know ASAP.

Cheers
Old 07-26-2009, 01:11 AM
Tech Adept

due to lack of an redline motor I'm running a speedpassion 4.5T/3.5T and I have a lot of brakes. Actually run them at 80% on the ESC and 80% on the TX.
Old 07-26-2009, 01:20 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Hi Guys

All these set-ups we are taking about are NEW, so contamination in the motor is not the issue. Also various motor have been tried.
We all have different radios and are all running 198.

We have all come from (or gone to) a different ESC and have noticed a difference in the brakes on the other brands (KO, LRP, Hobbwing). All others are much stronger at the start of a high speed stop.

One of the guys who has posted about the 'soft' brakes is a top level driver. He know what he is doing in terms of set-up.

My car will almost lock the wheels at slow speeds so this is not the issue. It is trying to pull it up from high speeds. You either need to brake early or over shoot the corner. We are not talking a massive amount here but just after a start when you have 6 equally quick guys coming off a very long fast sweeper into a hairpin you need brakes that are comparable to the rest of the field or you will be the cause of carnage.
Old 07-26-2009, 01:23 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

First comment from Randy was:
"... FDR's are HUGE compared to us here in the states ..."
"... We are going to make it right.. ..."

This has changed to
"... shown a pattern of non Tekin motors being a contributing factor ..."

I'm prepared to let my Tekin RS Pro sit on the shelf for a couple of months until a fix is found, however, if Tekin dont agree there is a problem or aren't prepared to do anything, then please let me know ASAP.

Cheers
Mate i put up with the rs pro problems for months with the braking problem and just got told the same thing so now i run SPX and love it.It has brakes and im running high fdr so tekin is spining a load of sh#t about its the high fdr where running.And im running with other racers that have the rs pro and im much faster.Most of the racers are going spx now so its tekins loss.
Old 07-26-2009, 01:29 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by omoser
due to lack of an redline motor I'm running a speedpassion 4.5T/3.5T and I have a lot of brakes. Actually run them at 80% on the ESC and 80% on the TX.
Does temperature problems? (3.5T)
What temperature is in the air?
Use lipo?
Old 07-26-2009, 02:06 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (95%+)
Default Motor

Last edited by mikecatts; 06-21-2011 at 06:32 PM.
Old 07-26-2009, 02:12 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

none of the guys running the rs pro and 13.5 here are experiencing the "weak brakes".....

Alex
Old 07-26-2009, 02:13 AM
Tech Elite

The high speed brake issue is being addressed and hopefully it will be sorted in the v200 software as i think this is one of the delays with this software.
I dont mind waiting for the update and for know i just use a different racing line to compensate for the lack of top end brakes.
Old 07-26-2009, 02:15 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Mike

Dont know if this will help but possibly turn off the +15% on the throttle curve and the 10% of the throttle punch

Your software should more than compensate
Old 07-26-2009, 02:45 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by P.I.M.P
Mate i put up with the rs pro problems for months with the braking problem and just got told the same thing so now i run SPX and love it.It has brakes and im running high fdr so tekin is spining a load of sh#t about its the high fdr where running.And im running with other racers that have the rs pro and im much faster.Most of the racers are going spx now so its tekins loss.
(1) I've alway used Tekin products starting back with the G12c, and have been quite happy.

(2) Unfortunately, all the people running the Tekin RS (Pro) on large, high speed circuits into a tight turn (eg: 1000' track length, 210' straight, running into high speed "S" turn), using a 10.5T BL (+ Boost) at 4.0/4.5T modified speeds, seem to be having the same problem (its an UNSTOPPABLE bullet). I guess its not limited to Australia (something to do with the southern magnetic pole). The vast majority of drivers buying a new speedy are going for the SPX.

(3) I'm surprisingly impressed with the Hobbywing Xerun - its a bargain, high performance, quality product. Nice LCD programming box as well.

(4) I'll use whatever does the job !!

Oh well, you live and learn
Old 07-26-2009, 02:46 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Thanks Razzor

That is all we wanted, to know that the problem has been acknowledged and is been worked on.
Just a matter of when it will be released.
Our state titles is on in 5 weeks and we need to give the SPX, KO a run for there money.
Old 07-26-2009, 04:02 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

(1) I've alway used Tekin products starting back with the G12c, and have been quite happy.

(2) Unfortunately, all the people running the Tekin RS (Pro) on large, high speed circuits into a tight turn (eg: 1000' track length, 210' straight, running into high speed "S" turn), using a 10.5T BL (+ Boost) at 4.0/4.5T modified speeds, seem to be having the same problem (its an UNSTOPPABLE bullet). I guess its not limited to Australia (something to do with the southern magnetic pole). The vast majority of drivers buying a new speedy are going for the SPX.

(3) I'm surprisingly impressed with the Hobbywing Xerun - its a bargain, high performance, quality product. Nice LCD programming box as well.

(4) I'll use whatever does the job !!

Oh well, you live and learn
I dont have anything to knock about Tekin apart from braking problem i still do run Tekin motors and find there great and will more then likely never change from the redline range.all i need is something that works like i want it to as the spx is doing for me now if tekin fixes the problem with what im encountering ill be more then happy to go back to the speedy and recommend it to others.
Old 07-26-2009, 04:39 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 98 (100%+)

just a question or thought...
i know all these other esc's run much bigger caps so
maybe that might be a contributing factor????
Old 07-26-2009, 05:58 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by razzor
The high speed brake issue is being addressed and hopefully it will be sorted in the v200 software as i think this is one of the delays with this software.
I dont mind waiting for the update and for know i just use a different racing line to compensate for the lack of top end brakes.
Without trying to be rude, are you a Tekin employee, and speaking on behalf of the Tekin company when you say the braking issue will be worked on and fixed for v200 ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.