Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tekin RS ESC sensored

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2009, 02:56 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by mikky32
I got with the 199 the same motor temps but that is because I must have all the power that I can find to keep up with the other drivers.

This was my setup.
Motor 12
Turbo Max

If ver.199 is not out yet, how do you have it?

What does "Turbo Max" and "Motor 12" refer to? My hotwire doesn't show this setting and I have ver.198 and Hotwire v3.25

One more general question, when I ask Hotwire to check for updates it tells me it can not check for updates at this time, even though I am connected, there's no computer problem, etc. I use Interent explorer on a pc. What is happening?

Very much appreciated.
Old 07-22-2009, 03:56 AM
Con
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by MaxSp97
Did you try Motor Timing = 0, Boost = 30?
On a 10.5 motor??
Old 07-22-2009, 04:24 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by niznai

What does "Turbo Max" and "Motor 12" refer to? My hotwire doesn't show this setting and I have ver.198 and Hotwire v3.25

One more general question, when I ask Hotwire to check for updates it tells me it can not check for updates at this time, even though I am connected, there's no computer problem, etc. I use Interent explorer on a pc. What is happening?

Very much appreciated.
V199 is (Or should be used by) for team driver use only, as there is a known fault with it.

V200 will correct this and will be for everyone to use. I am using V199, but not part of the development team for V200, so I cannot comment on when it will be ready for everyone.
Old 07-22-2009, 09:51 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

When i baught my rs pro used it had 199 installed and i suffered severe throttle lag...

switched to 198 and problem solved!!!

Alex
Old 07-22-2009, 11:03 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

I thought I read somewhere on here that you should not put heat shrink to the ends of the wire connecting to the esc? Is this correct?
Old 07-22-2009, 11:09 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

yeah, because the posts act as a heatsink.
Old 07-22-2009, 01:17 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Thanks buddy will see you at the track soon.

Oh by the way found the thread that alerted me to not put heat shrink to post.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/6025919-post4699.html

Originally Posted by stitchy
yeah, because the posts act as a heatsink.
Old 07-22-2009, 02:57 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by niznai

Very much appreciated.
I got the V199 from Randy.
I mean with motor 12, the motor timing that I use.
The Turbo max is the maximum setting you can use with the Turbo.
Just like Max Boost.
The Maximum Turbo is 20.

Just download the newest version and uninstall the old version.

I can say that the Turbo is great.
I try an other setting next race. This will be over 2 weeks.
Than I try with a bit lower boost.
I have enough infield power and I hope to get some more power corner out and ad the beginning of the straight.
I have so much power that it keeps accelerating . The straight is to short to reach the top speed.
So I hope with a lower Boost that I will come closer to my top speed and that I will accelerate the first part of the straight more.
I over take the SPX drivers on the straight. It's just great to see there faces when I do a warm up lap before the finals.
Than they ask me were I get that power from and if i'm not geared to heavy.
When I say that I'm geared on 6.3FDR, than they look strange.
The lightest geared SPX driver drives with a 5,7FDR.
All the others are 5,2FDR and the TC drivers are on 4,7FDR.
Tekin is fast so not the fastest speedo there is.
Now more and more drivers are changing there GM and SPX for a Tekin.
I let an other club member drive with my car. He was impressed with the speedo.
He sold his GM and he wanted a SPX but now he is thinking of the Tekin because of the way it drives.
Tekin is growing out here after a slow start.
More and more drivers discover the power of the Tekin speedo and motor out here.
First it was the motor, now the Tekin RS / RS Pro.

Also the service of Tekin is great.
Old 07-22-2009, 05:19 PM
Tech Elite

Got a bit of a question: what's the big difference between timing advance and boost... and.... what conditions would each be most ideal?
Old 07-22-2009, 05:35 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

hey brian i'm not 100% sure on your question, but i believe timing is when you set the max esc timing and thats that, this boost or turbo stuff is off the hook. imagine holding your chassis, pulling full throttle and hearing your motor hit max rpm, then, (and you can set when) the rpms go up, and keep going up, and your like, What The ...... I didn't even have it loaded last sunday, but this sunday, two laps on the field. maybe i'll try and take a video and youtube it, if it works, i'll send you a link
Old 07-22-2009, 05:42 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Slapmaster,

Timing advance is used i Dual mode and boost is used in sensored mode. If you are in sensored mode, only boost will be displayed and vice versa for timing advance and dual mode.

I'm still working on the "most ideal" part.
Old 07-22-2009, 05:58 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally Posted by skypilot
hey brian i'm not 100% sure on your question, but i believe timing is when you set the max esc timing and thats that, this boost or turbo stuff is off the hook. imagine holding your chassis, pulling full throttle and hearing your motor hit max rpm, then, (and you can set when) the rpms go up, and keep going up, and your like, What The ...... I didn't even have it loaded last sunday, but this sunday, two laps on the field. maybe i'll try and take a video and youtube it, if it works, i'll send you a link
Were you running 199 last weekend? Cause you were the fastest 17.5 car iv never seen... and i dont mean your painfully accurate driving line, im talking car speed.
Old 07-22-2009, 06:11 PM
Tech Elite

Ritchie, 2 laps might be wishful thinking, but it's certainly intriguing. I know that the SPX's spool up like crazy, but it's really just unloaded rpm that gets us all giddy. When I was running it, it really didn't produce radical 2nd gear, but it was noticeable. At the time, the SPX was the one to have running spec motors in touring. Now I haven't run the current Tekin in touring but it sounds as if they are on the verge of surpassing LRP's current efforts.... and all with a few key strokes back at the factory. I like it.

After one race day with the Tekin RS Pro, I picked up 2 more and unloaded everything LRP. This is the way to go. It's exciting.

But looking to wring out ever drop of HP, I am going to try to figure out which is better for big track, little track, carpet, asphalt. Maybe TA is better for dirt, maybe TB is better for big asphalt. I don't know, so I am asking. I guess I just want to know which will be working best for the 1c lipo pan class at IIC!
Brian
Old 07-22-2009, 06:49 PM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I will be at the IIC for support for ANYONE using Tekin.

That being said the new software puts Tekin right where it should be in performance. So far EVERYONE that has used it is smiling even more that they were before.

The new function really shows up on larger tracks or in classes that need punch in the infield but then wind it up on the straights...
Old 07-22-2009, 07:24 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by skypilot
I didn't even have it loaded last sunday,
Originally Posted by Cpt.America
Were you running 199 last weekend? Cause you were the fastest 17.5 car iv never seen... and i dont mean your painfully accurate driving line, im talking car speed.
i ran 198 last sunday in 17.5, this weekend 17.5 is out 13.5 with 199 is in. the last couple of weeks were a test, first sunday, all day with LRP, last sunday all day with tekin, i figured in 17.5 it would be easier to tell the difference, and,,, well.., I'm posting here and not the LRP thread. But the my other ESC (not lrp) is awesome with Mod so it will stay in the Mi4.

Originally Posted by Slapmaster6000
Ritchie, 2 laps might be wishful thinking, but it's certainly intriguing. I know that the SPX's spool up like crazy, but it's really just unloaded rpm that gets us all giddy. When I was running it, it really didn't produce radical 2nd gear, but it was noticeable. At the time, the SPX was the one to have running spec motors in touring. Now I haven't run the current Tekin in touring but it sounds as if they are on the verge of surpassing LRP's current efforts.... and all with a few key strokes back at the factory. I like it.

After one race day with the Tekin RS Pro, I picked up 2 more and unloaded everything LRP. This is the way to go. It's exciting.

But looking to wring out ever drop of HP, I am going to try to figure out which is better for big track, little track, carpet, asphalt. Maybe TA is better for dirt, maybe TB is better for big asphalt. I don't know, so I am asking. I guess I just want to know which will be working best for the 1c lipo pan class at IIC!
Brian
IMO turbo will be a waste at Hanger 30, TZII a maybe, TZI a must, your work with your new car and 1C almost make me want another pan car

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.