Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tekin RS ESC sensored

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2009, 07:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

i'm wishing 200 was out by this weekend.. if you saw the entry list to the MDI invitational in palm beach this weekend, you'd be praying for more power too...
Old 07-22-2009, 08:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mikky32
I got the V199 from Randy.
I mean with motor 12, the motor timing that I use.
The Turbo max is the maximum setting you can use with the Turbo.
Just like Max Boost.
The Maximum Turbo is 20.

Just download the newest version and uninstall the old version.

I can say that the Turbo is great.
I try an other setting next race. This will be over 2 weeks.
Than I try with a bit lower boost.
I have enough infield power and I hope to get some more power corner out and ad the beginning of the straight.
I have so much power that it keeps accelerating . The straight is to short to reach the top speed.
So I hope with a lower Boost that I will come closer to my top speed and that I will accelerate the first part of the straight more.
I over take the SPX drivers on the straight. It's just great to see there faces when I do a warm up lap before the finals.
Than they ask me were I get that power from and if i'm not geared to heavy.
When I say that I'm geared on 6.3FDR, than they look strange.
The lightest geared SPX driver drives with a 5,7FDR.
All the others are 5,2FDR and the TC drivers are on 4,7FDR.
Tekin is fast so not the fastest speedo there is.
Now more and more drivers are changing there GM and SPX for a Tekin.
I let an other club member drive with my car. He was impressed with the speedo.
He sold his GM and he wanted a SPX but now he is thinking of the Tekin because of the way it drives.
Tekin is growing out here after a slow start.
More and more drivers discover the power of the Tekin speedo and motor out here.
First it was the motor, now the Tekin RS / RS Pro.

Also the service of Tekin is great.

I am assuming by the ratios you have quoted this is with a 10.5 motor ? Is this also on that massive track you posted pics of a quite a few pages back ?
Old 07-22-2009, 10:02 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Randy- YGM
Old 07-22-2009, 10:42 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by mikky32
I got the V199 from Randy.
I mean with motor 12, the motor timing that I use.
The Turbo max is the maximum setting you can use with the Turbo.
Just like Max Boost.
The Maximum Turbo is 20.

Just download the newest version and uninstall the old version.
Thank you, that clears things a bit. Still don't understand what Turbo you're talking about though. There is no turbo function on my hotwire/RS pro.

The latest download is 198 and that is the one I have.
V199 is not public, so not sure how you got it.

Some people have taken a shot at explaining what the Turbo function feels like but not what it actually does (i.e. what do the electronics do). Is it anything like the turbo function on old speedos where it was actually a burst of maximum current (temporarily overriding the current limiting settings)? Think in terms of the GM V12xc or the LRP Quantum 3 which both had this function.
Old 07-22-2009, 11:41 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 159 (99%+)

Originally Posted by niznai
Thank you, that clears things a bit. Still don't understand what Turbo you're talking about though. There is no turbo function on my hotwire/RS pro.

Some people have taken a shot at explaining what the Turbo function feels like but not what it actually does (i.e. what do the electronics do). Is it anything like the turbo function on old speedos where it was actually a burst of maximum current (temporarily overriding the current limiting settings)? Think in terms of the GM V12xc or the LRP Quantum 3 which both had this function.
V199 is out for team members to try and has been slightly distributed to tekin's dismay. As for what it actually does: When you first take off and at low rpm the esc is strictly going off of motor timing, thus your low end power. Once you hit a certain rpm the "boost" slider is added to the timing of the motor, giving you your mid range pull. Turbo is then a step further where if you are at full throttle for a programmed time even more timing is added, hence the second gear shift down the straight after you are at full throttle for a set time (of your choosing).
Old 07-23-2009, 02:43 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by B4james
I am assuming by the ratios you have quoted this is with a 10.5 motor ? Is this also on that massive track you posted pics of a quite a few pages back ?
Yes I'm using a 10,5T with Lipo on this track.
http://www.macdebaanbrekers.nl/
I use a Tekin Redline motor.

No the Turbo function is in the V199 and it's not available.

I got it from Randy Pike.
He wanted to now how it went and how I liked it.
In the beginning it was hard t find a good setup because I was still thinking of the old settings.
But now I found out with help from Randy that you can use a lower boost and a lighter gearing, Also on the big tracks.

No it will not put an extra current true your motor.
So you don't need to worry about that. My motor stays cooler than without the Turbo.
The Tekin RS Pro is the only speedo that keeps the motor temp under the 165F and goes above the 80km/h. The GM did it also but 1 motor blow up in 5 laps and the other motor was way above the 180F.
As I let my motor come above the 180F, than I will go even faster.
But I don't have to take risks to go fast.
Old 07-23-2009, 02:59 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Krio
Turbo is then a step further where if you are at full throttle for a programmed time even more timing is added, hence the second gear shift down the straight after you are at full throttle for a set time (of your choosing).
Thank you Krio, that's the kind of thing I was after.

If what you said is true, then the turbo function of the RS is similar indeed to that of the brushed speedos of the past (as I have mentioned above)

One question remains then. Is the turbo going to override the current limiter settings?

Last edited by niznai; 07-23-2009 at 08:34 AM.
Old 07-23-2009, 03:04 AM
Tech Addict

Turbo won't have any effect on the current limiter settings, turbo only comes in when you've been at full throttle for a preset amount of time, the current limiter comes in at the first pull of the throttle.
Old 07-23-2009, 03:06 AM
Tech Champion

Old 07-23-2009, 03:50 AM
Tech Master

Thank you Krio, that's the kind of thing I was after.

If what you said is indeed true, then the turbo function of the RS is similar indeed to that of the brushed speedos of the past (as I have mentioned above)

One question remains then. Is the turbo going to override the current limiter settings?
Don't worry, the motor will not get hotter. It gets cooler.
Also will the speedo not get hotter.
I don't have any problems with the temp at all.
It's even harder to get a to hot motor.
Old 07-23-2009, 08:22 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

So last night we were running some vintage 21.5 cars and WOW the tekin pulled ALL of the cars down the back(mabe 70foot)... thing is blistering fast for 21.5... i could run up on a tc spec and ran his rear end with little effort if he didnt get out of the way... the KO BMC was the only speedo to out run me on back straight.... thus far im happy with the RS PRO.... I have not turned my end bell like the guy with the KO has either.... I could out run them all in the field....

Alex
Old 07-23-2009, 08:29 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by hound_dogs_01
So last night we were running some vintage 21.5 cars and WOW the tekin pulled ALL of the cars down the back(mabe 70foot)... thing is blistering fast for 21.5... i could run up on a tc spec and ran his rear end with little effort if he didnt get out of the way... the KO BMC was the only speedo to out run me on back straight.... thus far im happy with the RS PRO.... I have not turned my end bell like the guy with the KO has either.... I could out run them all in the field....

Alex
What was your setup?
and witch motor were you using?
Do you have photo's of the Track?
Old 07-23-2009, 08:31 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by hound_dogs_01

Alex
Do you mind if I ask what the settings were for the speedy/motor and what gear ratio you used?
A little detail about the track might help too (i.e. carpet/asphalt and twisty/open).

Cheers

PS Hehe, someone beat me. Your bits have a shorter distance to travel, mikky!
Old 07-23-2009, 08:46 AM
Tech Master

hehehe yes I think so.
I used the Turbo on it
Old 07-23-2009, 09:01 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

HA guys tomorrow im going to a short track to run at another club that i dont normally run at with about 20m straight should i drop my boost

Monday i ran it for the first time and had the boost on 20 and have been advised to drop it to 18

do i drop it again for shorter tracks

thanks in advance

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.