R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 11-02-2008, 09:15 PM   #1426
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 62 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WEEZY View Post
Well i know i am a newbie with the car but when i get mine i will be heading down to my indoor track. (carpet with rubber tires) and i will chime in. i see people are using ascociated springs with their retainer clip. will xray work?
I'm not sure if the Xray springs will work . I tried HPI/ Hara springs and they were to long and I couldn't get my ride height down. I use Kfactory springs kits K4902,K4903. I know Corally spring work also. If your Xray springs are under 24mm long they should work.
Mike
Old 11-03-2008, 07:20 AM   #1427
Super Moderator

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 182 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wease View Post
I'm not sure if the Xray springs will work . I tried HPI/ Hara springs and they were to long and I couldn't get my ride height down. I use Kfactory springs kits K4902,K4903. I know Corally spring work also. If your Xray springs are under 24mm long they should work.
Mike
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcos.J View Post
use the bottom shock collar for the tc5 so you can get the correct ride height.
If you use the bottom shock retainers for the TC5 ( see the picture above) then you can use Tamiya, X-ray,Associated ,HPI springs and still have the correct ride height.
Marcos.J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 07:50 AM   #1428
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Thanks marcos good looking out.
WEEZY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 09:36 AM   #1429
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Solara Send a message via AIM to Solara

Quote:
Originally Posted by jag88 View Post
It looks like the E4 Limited Ed. comes with a 2.5 chassis and 2.0 top deck.
Does anybody who is running the Limited Ed. feels that this is an advantage over the FS with the thicker chassis ?
Thanks.
I don't know what is limited or not limited...but here is the fact.

Racing thicker chassis at the bottom (2.5mm instead of 2mm) for indoor rubber tires are what most of the chassis doing now...so I think thats why WOLF release this version and called it limited...but I still think it is also depends on what motor speed that you are using, for super stock 13.5 and faster, that is the way to go...but if it is for 17.5 and slower, I really dont think 2mm (thinner) lower chassis will hurt the performance...(faster car required more regid chassis..? may be..?)

So if you have a thicker lower chassis and stock upper....then that is most likely the indoor carpet rubber tires chassis.
If that is for outdoor...use 2mm chassis. So...to sums it up, your E4 is for indoor carpet rubber tires, and you do have the correct car for it...

I still need to find time to open up my NIB E4RS and E4FS, they are like 1 year old now...
Solara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 12:32 PM   #1430
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solara View Post
Racing thicker chassis at the bottom (2.5mm instead of 2mm) for indoor rubber tires are what most of the chassis doing now...so I think thats why WOLF release this version and called it limited...but I still think it is also depends on what motor speed that you are using, for super stock 13.5 and faster, that is the way to go...but if it is for 17.5 and slower, I really dont think 2mm (thinner) lower chassis will hurt the performance...(faster car required more regid chassis..? may be..?)

I still need to find time to open up my NIB E4RS and E4FS, they are like 1 year old now...
Howard,

Got a question for you. I have the E4 Limited and ran it box stock on the asphalt at Strictly in 13.5 and it is the best handling car I ever drove. Now my ? is which springs and shock oil would be good for indoor carpet, like at the Track? I have the TM G4 spring set from 1.2 to 1.9.

Dave
AreCee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 12:58 PM   #1431
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Arecee,

Try 1.5 front 40wt, 1.4 rear with 35wt. Front shocks one hole in on the tower, rear all the way out on the tower. That should get you started.

Socko
Rick Vessell is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 01:43 PM   #1432
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 62 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcos.J View Post
If you use the bottom shock retainers for the TC5 ( see the picture above) then you can use Tamiya, X-ray,Associated ,HPI springs and still have the correct ride height.
Thanks Marcos
Old 11-03-2008, 01:51 PM   #1433
Tech Elite

Thanks.
Old 11-03-2008, 01:53 PM   #1434
Super Moderator

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 182 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wease View Post
Thanks Marcos
np
Marcos.J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 03:30 PM   #1435
Tech Apprentice

The K-factory spring set works pretty good for me with green springs in the back and peach colored ones in the front.
track-attack15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 01:06 PM   #1436
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Hi,

I'm looking to pick-up an E4JS. Other than just the kit, what else do I need to get going with this chassis? What options should I pick-up or is it good to go out of the box? Also since parts are hard to come by on local shops, what spares should pick-up that are essential. Do I need get spare arms and hubs or are they durable enough that I wouldn't have to worry about it?

Thanks for your help.

Last edited by YR4Dude; 11-04-2008 at 01:21 PM.
YR4Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 01:23 PM   #1437
Tech Regular

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by YR4Dude View Post
Hi,

I'm looking to pick-up an E4RS. Other than just the kit, what else do I need to get going with this chassis? What options should I pick-up or is it good to go out of the box? Also since parts are hard to come by on local shops, what spares should pick-up that are essential. Do I need get spare arms and hubs or are they durable enough that I wouldn't have to worry about it?

Thanks for your help.

If you want to know how to build a super E4RS, click this link. The car is very good (out of the box) generally.
blee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 02:18 PM   #1438
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Solara Send a message via AIM to Solara

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnySocko View Post
Arecee,

Try 1.5 front 40wt, 1.4 rear with 35wt. Front shocks one hole in on the tower, rear all the way out on the tower. That should get you started.

Socko
Thanks for sharing you setup....once I am back from Florida, I will "TRY" to get my RS and FS ready....for some reason, I just love to try FOAM TIRES...(just for emergency, I still have the whole line of SCHUMACHER ready....LOL)

P.S...when will you be back on CARPET? Lets setup some meeting.....
Solara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 02:41 PM   #1439
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnySocko View Post
Arecee,

Socko
OK, I did that and the ride height was hard to set. Do you precompress the springs (squeeze them) prior to installation?

Are you going to be racing at Jtec Loft? What foams work there and can I fit foams on the E4 Limited? Is it limited to 26mm in the rear or can 30mm fit?
Old 11-04-2008, 02:43 PM   #1440
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solara View Post
Thanks for sharing you setup....once I am back from Florida, I will "TRY" to get my RS and FS ready....for some reason, I just love to try FOAM TIRES...(just for emergency, I still have the whole line of SCHUMACHER ready....LOL)

P.S...when will you be back on CARPET? Lets setup some meeting.....
Are you planning to race at Jtec?

I moved to Bloomington IL for work and Jtec is one and a half hours away.