Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team Magic E4 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2010, 09:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Today i re-installed those nitro G4 springs on my E4, and cant put the ride height down with them, they are way longer than stock springs,

any tip ?

thanks,
Old 01-13-2010, 09:34 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

FS or RS?

Originally Posted by Tabushi
Today i re-installed those nitro G4 springs on my E4, and cant put the ride height down with them, they are way longer than stock springs,

any tip ?

thanks,
Old 01-13-2010, 09:34 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 05forfun
That ESC is sick!!! I am using LRP TC too, I hope I have money for Tekin

As for what stuff worth money to buy, I would say try what you have now, E4RS already has some goodies in it, unless you are a TOP racer I bet most people can't tell the difference between TM belt and K Factory belt
NO top racer here! Maybe crash test dummy! The Tekin speed control, if you dont' need the pro, isn't too bad. If you look around, you can find a pretty good deal on one. Heck, I just placed my order for springs, and a small surplus of gears. That was 125 bucks!

I did notice Rc Mushroom was pretty inexpensive. A bit cheaper than another place I shopped at. But shipping............ a bit expensive.
Thank you for your help. I'm sure I will have more questions later. For now, I got a grip of parts coming to help me get the cars handling, gearing under control. Now, it's just time to try, try, try!

Actually, I just thought of one, How do you know if your belt is tight enough? Rear belts seem pretty stiff but the side belt is a little flimsy/loose. I don't know that it skips, but was wondering if there was a rule of thumb on how to adjust them. LIke,1/4" of downward movement, or when you squeeze the belts together they allmost touch. I am referring to the side belt. But would like to know the proceedure on all belts! Thanks, Vinny
Old 01-13-2010, 09:42 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Isaac
FS or RS?

E4RS2009
Old 01-13-2010, 09:49 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

any tip ?

thanks,
Just my opinion....

I don't think using the G4RS springs is a good idea...nitro car has different weight transfer compare to EP cars, and god knows these G4RS springs set has different preload compare to the E4RS one...why not using the E4 optional springs kit...?

Your other option if you must use the Nitro spring or any regular long springs...someone already mentioned, you must get the TC5 lower shock springs plate, then dremel the bottom part FLAT so it will sit lower. When the spring porch seats lower, it will balance off the extra lenght from the springs.

Both my RS and FS are usaing Tamiya Shocks with the TC5 spring plate and using regular Schumacher, TC3, Tamiya, Xray springs without any ride height problem.
Old 01-13-2010, 09:56 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Solara
Just my opinion....

I don't think using the G4RS springs is a good idea...nitro car has different weight transfer compare to EP cars, and god knows these G4RS springs set has different preload compare to the E4RS one...why not using the E4 optional springs kit...?

Your other option if you must use the Nitro spring or any regular long springs...someone already mentioned, you must get the TC5 lower shock springs plate, then dremel the bottom part FLAT so it will sit lower. When the spring porch seats lower, it will balance off the extra lenght from the springs.

Both my RS and FS are usaing Tamiya Shocks with the TC5 spring plate and using regular Schumacher, TC3, Tamiya, Xray springs without any ride height problem.

Thanks a lot Solara !!
Old 01-13-2010, 10:02 AM
Tech Elite

E4RS2009
The shock mounting positions for these arms sit lower than the stock arms. Wolf sent me these as well when I first placed my order.

503254 - E4J Front Lower Arm Set
503266 - E4J Rear Lower Arm Set
Old 01-13-2010, 11:23 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

The spring kit is for both nitro and electric (I asked Team Magic when I bought it), the very stiff ones (black and orange) may not be suitable for E4, other than that all springs are perfect for E4, and no too-long issue, the min ride height I can get is 4.5 mm using dark blue spring at front (the third stiffest in the kit?)

Old 01-13-2010, 12:24 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Just my opinion....

I have heard of people running your particular suspension setup before. As far as why not running e4 spring kit...... I have not found a kit that states it is for the e4rs. I too have an e4rs 09. The silver springs it comes with seem nice. I was hoping to find springs just for the e4. I don't wanna piece this car from that car to this car to that car. That's just a pain. Not to mention, what if down the road I forget? PLust the shocks my car comes with are the top of the line team magic shocks. No sense in spending another 120 bucks to buy tamiya shocks and some springs.
Old 01-13-2010, 01:09 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I personally run the TC springs that wolfhobbies sales and they have been fine. All you will need is the lowest set.
Old 01-13-2010, 01:12 PM
Tech Elite

What's your set up Katfish? What class and surface do you run on? Just wondering as there can never be too much information.
Old 01-13-2010, 04:39 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Isaac,
I have not touched the car in the last six months too be honest. I will give it a looking over and try to post something later. Sorry! New baby boy has taken precidence over racing lately.
Old 01-13-2010, 04:47 PM
Tech Elite

I understand. I had one and I'm done.
Old 01-17-2010, 11:33 AM
Tech Elite

Anyone done anything? Any new set up tips? I might be practicing tomorrow as I raised the roll center by 1 mm front and back to combat traction rolling. I also shortened the wheelbase in the rear looking for some more rotation.
Old 01-17-2010, 12:01 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

I noticed that there is another hole for the single arm steering pivot that is more forward. If I use the forward hole on the pivot, how would that change my steering?

Also, on the front suspension arm pin holder there are two settings, 1.5 and 2.5. What result will I get from putting this at 2.5?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.