R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 02-09-2010, 10:13 AM   #3031
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

It's not much of a manual. It's not a step by step manual but more of a exploded view of the car overall and in different stages. Contact Wolf at www.wolfhobbies.com
Isaac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 10:23 AM   #3032
Tech Addict

I figure out.Thanks Isaac
Old 02-09-2010, 10:43 AM   #3033
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Tabushi Send a message via Yahoo to Tabushi

Well guys, finally got my 2nd race with the Tekin RS PRO System on the 13.5 Brushless class.

First of all, thanks to all people here in the forum + Randy from Team Tekin for helping me out with ESC/Car setup for this track. Its very big straight for a 13.5 but at the end, all went great (198 feet straight).

Results (track people asked me to make this, organization people at the track got delayed and finally no podium picture was taken) :

And here is the video of last 8 minute round, wich gave me the victory :

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Hope you enjoy.

Under our racing regulations, race start doing "oval" or at least not entering into the layout until first lap ... crazy uh ? lol !!

Track "looks" dusty but its not, very good grip we dont know why after last maintenance, asphalt dont want to look "dark" even when washed and prepared, ended 2nd place on GT Class will try to post the video for you to enjoy lol !!

Made one big mistake by lap 3-4 but recovered ... looong back straight, lots of speed. Motor after 8 minutes racing ended on 147F.

cya and thanks again guys !!

E-Mail : [email protected]
Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/patoconcha
Whatsapp : +56 9 66165085
Tabushi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 11:04 AM   #3034
Tech Addict

Very-very nice track.And thanks for the video.Congrats.
Old 02-09-2010, 02:35 PM   #3035
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Solara Send a message via AIM to Solara

Nice track and good win for the E4...

BTW...I still remember to run a 4.5 Novak brushless on a 1/8th on road track 3 years ago....was kinda the same speed like that. And this is 2010 13.5 with V203 probably....another win by the SOFTWARE....
Solara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 02:49 PM   #3036
Tech Elite

I like it! Good win Pato! That wasn't a software win I think as the leader stuck it in the grass. The E4 looked good where others looked like they had rear end traction issues.
Old 02-09-2010, 02:55 PM   #3037
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solara View Post
Nice track and good win for the E4...

BTW...I still remember to run a 4.5 Novak brushless on a 1/8th on road track 3 years ago....was kinda the same speed like that. And this is 2010 13.5 with V203 probably....another win by the SOFTWARE....

Solara,

Mhhh i dont agree man, 6 of the 11 a-main drivers were Tekins, 3 LRPs and 2 Novaks (GTBs) ... so all were very fast ...

E4 its showing itself as the faster car for infield high speed technical sections at least in my country on that track.

cya man !

Old 02-09-2010, 03:15 PM   #3038
Tech Elite

I agree Tabushi as the leader was fast. At the beginning you were catching him but you pushed out on the straight. I could see you were faster in the infield and could still keep up on the straight!
Old 02-09-2010, 04:40 PM   #3039
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Solara Send a message via AIM to Solara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaac View Post
I like it! Good win Pato! That wasn't a software win I think as the leader stuck it in the grass. The E4 looked good where others looked like they had rear end traction issues.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabushi View Post
Solara,

Mhhh i dont agree man, 6 of the 11 a-main drivers were Tekins, 3 LRPs and 2 Novaks (GTBs) ... so all were very fast ...

E4 its showing itself as the faster car for infield high speed technical sections at least in my country on that track.

cya man !
No no no....it must be my broken English.

I was comparing your 13.5 speed (and the rest of the 13.5) versus my 3 years old 4.5 motor speed (not saying you have the software advantage other then the 2nd place or the rest of the field)...

I am simply trying to say the TECHNOLOGY was a hugh step the last couple years. Even a 13.5 motor in year 2010 is almost as fast as the used to be MOD 4.5T Novak SS motor back in 2007 with my old Novak GTB. And I am still amaze on how some simple software can improve the 13.5 motor run as fast as a 4.5T back in 2007 technology...that was what I was trying to say.

Sorry about the comfusion....I am a dumbass afterall, LOL.
Solara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 06:40 PM   #3040
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solara View Post
No no no....it must be my broken English.

I was comparing your 13.5 speed (and the rest of the 13.5) versus my 3 years old 4.5 motor speed (not saying you have the software advantage other then the 2nd place or the rest of the field)...

I am simply trying to say the TECHNOLOGY was a hugh step the last couple years. Even a 13.5 motor in year 2010 is almost as fast as the used to be MOD 4.5T Novak SS motor back in 2007 with my old Novak GTB. And I am still amaze on how some simple software can improve the 13.5 motor run as fast as a 4.5T back in 2007 technology...that was what I was trying to say.

Sorry about the comfusion....I am a dumbass afterall, LOL.

Dont worry, i do agree now with you lol !!! ...

cya man !!

Old 02-11-2010, 06:25 PM   #3041
Tech Fanatic

Hey guys , been off from racing touring for almost 2 seasons.

I picked up a E4/fs with the front spool. we race on a technical high grip track. On Ashpalt. well after finding some problems with the car intially. Going to order the parts right away and get it ready for this summer. (missing a pulley guide arg) I was going to switch brand for the summer as part are hard to come by for the car.

We'll I decided to give the car another shot since i never really gave it a proper go.

My question is this. the car is pretty much stock but had to upgrade the rear CVD"s as broke one on the on the first and only outing

Now to the question at hand. what part and i mean all part you would suggest. to get this car ready for this summer and be competitive. to run both lipo and brushless. I'm going to be mainly running in 17.5 and maybe 13.5.

the more descriptive and indept the list the better. as to why each pc is needed.

the first thing i'm going to be doing is going to single bell crank.

If you like to send me the list via pm or on the main thread would be great.

Andrew
cyrrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 07:30 PM   #3042
Tech Elite

I suggest front steel universals, purple and pink springs, set of shims from www.wolfhobbies.com in 1 and 2 mm sizes, get the aluminum single bell crank (steering), 110 spur for more brushless gearing options and that's all I can think of now. I have all aluminum hubs and steering knuckles.
Old 02-11-2010, 09:52 PM   #3043
Tech Fanatic

isaac

thanks

ummm really that all i really need. i was going to think much more would be needed. as the mrs gave the the okay to go nuts and upgrade everything i need. I was also going to run a set of TFR shocks but i guess i settle with those and get the purple pink TM springs I presume.
cyrrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 02:03 AM   #3044
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Default Steering hubs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaac View Post
I suggest front steel universals, purple and pink springs, set of shims from www.wolfhobbies.com in 1 and 2 mm sizes, get the aluminum single bell crank (steering), 110 spur for more brushless gearing options and that's all I can think of now. I have all aluminum hubs and steering knuckles.
Isaac.. do the Alu hubs remove the slop?
blis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 03:16 AM   #3045
Tech Addict

I haven't got yet my TM RS'09 but i read here that you cannot fit all the BL motors without some dremel work on the belt tensioner.Why this?Because of the motors lenght or something else?Could someone help me please to get the picture?