R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 12-06-2008, 07:31 PM   #1531
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by getpip View Post
Hey guys

I am considering an E4RS as a replacement for a TC5.
I will be racing mostly stock 13.5bl rubber on carpet.

I am wondering if the 3 belt system will be free enough for stock or if it will suck up too much power.
Also I read that not all motors fit because of the length of the can.. whats the longest can that fits.

Ant other good and bad points of note?

Thanks
Pip
Let's just say this, GEt the E4RS, I just ran my brand new out of the box checked the bolts, locktited some and put the box setup into it with a new set of tires and was running second in the Amain, all today. This thing rocks, it blows away my old TC5 I was racing it was great you will not be dissappointed at all!!!
A novak will work stock no mods, but slightly larger cans you might have to grind off a touch of the chassis and supports, but it is very minimal, you will not reven know you did it.
Awesome Car!!! I wish I had bought this first instead fo the TC5, which will be collecting dust.
katfish317 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 07:38 PM   #1532
Tech Regular

What gearing are most using for a 17.5 brushless in this car, I tried a 3.6 FDR and the motor got to 185. Used A 3.74FDR and the motor got too 200, I put it back to 3.54 FDR and still got too hot!
NOtes::
Stock timing, LRP Sphere '07 comp ESC, Novak 17.5
ESC settings were, nimh#2 race, Punch was set on 2,
Initial brake set at 3, Drag brake at 2.
Any hint???
All five minutes races, Amain was six minutes, medium flowing track
rubber tires
Old 12-06-2008, 10:37 PM   #1533
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by katfish317 View Post
What gearing are most using for a 17.5 brushless in this car, I tried a 3.6 FDR and the motor got to 185. Used A 3.74FDR and the motor got too 200, I put it back to 3.54 FDR and still got too hot!
NOtes::
Stock timing, LRP Sphere '07 comp ESC, Novak 17.5
ESC settings were, nimh#2 race, Punch was set on 2,
Initial brake set at 3, Drag brake at 2.
Any hint???
All five minutes races, Amain was six minutes, medium flowing track
rubber tires
Nice first outing. Try a FDR around 4. You did the right thing the first adjustment by going up to a 3.74 FDR. If the motor is running hot you always want to go up with your FDR not down. Make sure nothing is binding and give your belts some time to break in.
Tomradio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 08:53 AM   #1534
Tech Elite

Quote:
Let's just say this, GEt the E4RS, I just ran my brand new out of the box checked the bolts, locktited some and put the box setup into it with a new set of tires and was running second in the Amain, all today. This thing rocks, it blows away my old TC5 I was racing it was great you will not be dissappointed at all!!!
A novak will work stock no mods, but slightly larger cans you might have to grind off a touch of the chassis and supports, but it is very minimal, you will not reven know you did it.
Awesome Car!!! I wish I had bought this first instead fo the TC5, which will be collecting dust.
I think you may have just convinced me to get the E4 RS. I've been thinking about it for a while. I like the look of the car!

Need to wait now for the Bonus money to come in.

British Menace
Old 12-07-2008, 07:32 PM   #1535
Tech Regular

I personally have nothing but good things to say about this car as I have just started racing touring car this past march with a TC5 and it seemed to take alot of adjustment to someone new like me to get it just right.
But this car is awesome, like I said, I checked it over for loose bolts, locktited some, and put a basic setup in it and adjusted the front too 6mm and the rear to 5mm after a few laps and she was fast and dialed all day.
I am not trashing the TC5 but this thing is really good!!!

Tomradio: Thanks I will do that and watch the belt tension also. I just do not understand it as I have been told by the person I get my motors from, and he is very reputable in RC, too gear it at 3.6. I guess it might have gotten too hot on the second run and hurt it, then running again it just toasted.
Old 12-07-2008, 07:46 PM   #1536
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I have few question about the E4 (Orginal Version):

1.Anyone have problem with front belts stripping?

2.Is the new single steering bellcrank direct fit for the first version of E4?

3.Do they have a new belt for the car with more teeth? Due to the belt tension can not be adjusted its really hard to make the car free. I Tried DW40with not much luck. I even run the car with mod 4.5 brushless just to free it not no luck either.

The car is really easy to drive especially on the technical section. Problem is like I said is freeing the drive train.

Visaliahobbies.com * SkyRC * casterracingparts.com
Jochim_18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 08:39 PM   #1537
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 62 (100%+)

Quote:
I personally have nothing but good things to say about this car as I have just started racing touring car this past march with a TC5 and it seemed to take alot of adjustment to someone new like me to get it just right.
But this car is awesome, like I said, I checked it over for loose bolts, locktited some, and put a basic setup in it and adjusted the front too 6mm and the rear to 5mm after a few laps and she was fast and dialed all day.
I am not trashing the TC5 but this thing is really good!!!

Tomradio: Thanks I will do that and watch the belt tension also. I just do not understand it as I have been told by the person I get my motors from, and he is very reputable in RC, too gear it at 3.6. I guess it might have gotten too hot on the second run and hurt it, then running again it just toasted.
You have to take in consideration that 3.6 fdr was given by a guy most likely running a 2 belt car there is a little bit more drag with the E4. At my track I've been racing 13.5 rubber on carpet guys running the same motor and esc as I am are geared at 4.5/4.6 with 2 belt cars and I'm geared at 5.2 fdr. I tried runnung a 4.6 frd and my motor was 190 at 5.2 my motor comes off ay 155. Hope this helps

Last edited by The Wease; 12-07-2008 at 09:01 PM.
The Wease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 08:55 PM   #1538
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 62 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jochim_18 View Post
I have few question about the E4 (Orginal Version):

1.Anyone have problem with front belts stripping?

2.Is the new single steering bellcrank direct fit for the first version of E4?

3.Do they have a new belt for the car with more teeth? Due to the belt tension can not be adjusted its really hard to make the car free. I Tried DW40with not much luck. I even run the car with mod 4.5 brushless just to free it not no luck either.

The car is really easy to drive especially on the technical section. Problem is like I said is freeing the drive train.
1. Kfactory belts #K2114, K2115 , K2116 Thats front , side belt , and rear belt
2. I'm not familiar with the original E4. Are there 2 holes in the top deck in front of where the 5th body post mounts if so yes.
Old 12-07-2008, 10:32 PM   #1539
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

hi guys, i have the original version of the E4.. what do i have to change so that i can fit my lipo's and my 10.5t gtb? my lipo's are mainly yeah 32s
Eazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 11:41 PM   #1540
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

hey all ,just a quick question how do you lock the front to turn it into a spool?
i put the pin in but it still acts like a one-way.

thanks in advance.
Hoggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 11:52 PM   #1541
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoggy View Post
hey all ,just a quick question how do you lock the front to turn it into a spool?
i put the pin in but it still acts like a one-way.

thanks in advance.
there is actually another metal part that you actually have to place in the oneway it will hold with oneway outdrive in the same place then you insert the pin so that it will hold on to the oneway pulley making it a spool
Old 12-08-2008, 12:42 AM   #1542
Tech Addict

ok, any idea what part bag it would be in?
Old 12-08-2008, 01:21 AM   #1543
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoggy View Post
ok, any idea what part bag it would be in?
its in bag number 4
Old 12-08-2008, 05:25 AM   #1544
Tech Addict

still cannot find it what other parts are in bag 4?
Old 12-08-2008, 06:23 AM   #1545
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wease View Post
You have to take in consideration that 3.6 fdr was given by a guy most likely running a 2 belt car there is a little bit more drag with the E4.
Actually he races a LosiJXRS or whatever it is, and they have three belts. I also had the same problem with gearing in the TC5 as they both have the same trans ratio.