Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

http://www.rc-mushroom.com/product_i...ducts_id=14040
Isaac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 10:29 PM   #2822
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Me bad

Those are the springs i also use for indoor.
1.3 at the back and 1.5 at the front

cheers Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaac View Post
Thank you for the clarification. Are the springs below the same? Got this from RC Mushroom.

Team Magic G4 Spring Set

http://www.rc-mushroom.com/product_i...ducts_id=14040

[TM-502143] $21.00USD
Comes with 8 pairs of springs:

1.2mm 10lb
1.3mm 13lb
1.4mm 17lb
1.5mm 20lb
1.6mm 26lb
1.7mm 31lb
1.8mm 41lb
1.9mm 51lb

Sponsered by me,myself and i :)
Pro10noob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 06:40 PM   #2823
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

I just finished my car for next year. I will be working on a mod setup for large asphalt track with med traction. I just received the TM spring kit and will post results in the future. The lbs on the springs seem to be off a little compared to other brands. I have a spring compressor gauge to test.
Attached Thumbnails
Team Magic E4 Thread-e4rs-done-002.jpg  
Rock Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 07:05 PM   #2824
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Racing View Post
I just finished my car for next year. I will be working on a mod setup for large asphalt track with med traction. I just received the TM spring kit and will post results in the future. The lbs on the springs seem to be off a little compared to other brands. I have a spring compressor gauge to test.
I would like a better look at that motor cooling fan setup, where did you get it.

Neil Armstrong 1968
Cammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 07:33 PM   #2825
Tech Elite

I too want to know about your fan set up as I like yours better than the one I just finished. I also just loaded the new Tekin software and let's just say I am looking forward to this weekend.
Attached Thumbnails
Team Magic E4 Thread-dsc_0353.jpg  
Old 12-31-2009, 07:51 PM   #2826
Tech Regular

Its a very simple setup, clean and super glue two fans together side by side...let dry and mount using a spacer between the fans and the mounting point. I mounted mine to the front hold down brace of the rear spur shaft. Run the two fans in series and put a plug on the end. very simple but effective. I take closer pics if needed
Old 12-31-2009, 08:24 PM   #2827
Tech Elite

Closer pics and what model fans? Thanks it's nice.
Old 01-01-2010, 04:25 AM   #2828
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Stunning car
Where did you get the red top bulkheads from??
Or did you just polished the original alloy one and painted them??

cheers Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Racing View Post
Sponsered by me,myself and i :)
Pro10noob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 10:55 AM   #2829
Tech Regular

No, it comes that way. Its a Wolf Hobbies Dave Ehrlich limited edition. I love the finish of the car.
Old 01-02-2010, 06:26 PM   #2830
Tech Elite

Well I ran today. Not good because of traction rolling. First run I was on an A Main run... traction roll. It was like that all day until my "scrub" main. The car is fast enough. I got some good compliments on the car and I was not the only traction rolling. By the main I got the car to push. Throughout the day raised the camber links on the bulkhead 4 mm front and back, went to a 24lb front spring, 17lb pound spring rear and the last thing I did was mount the rear shocks on the inner most hole and the front shocks 1 hole in from the outer hole. The shock position change is when it stopped traction rolling. I used SJ-R 36R and still traction rolled with that hard tire until the end. I still like the car and it's fast if it stays on all four wheels...
Old 01-02-2010, 06:57 PM   #2831
Tech Addict

Send a message via AIM to jscamry Send a message via MSN to jscamry Send a message via Yahoo to jscamry Send a message via Skype™ to jscamry

Quote:
Well I ran today. Not good because of traction rolling. First run I was on an A Main run... traction roll. It was like that all day until my "scrub" main. The car is fast enough. I got some good compliments on the car and I was not the only traction rolling. By the main I got the car to push. Throughout the day raised the camber links on the bulkhead 4 mm front and back, went to a 24lb front spring, 17lb pound spring rear and the last thing I did was mount the rear shocks on the inner most hole and the front shocks 1 hole in from the outer hole. The shock position change is when it stopped traction rolling. I used SJ-R 36R and still traction rolled with that hard tire until the end. I still like the car and it's fast if it stays on all four wheels...
So I guess the issue of traction rolling was not necessary due to a poor setup, since others were experiencing the same problem. Was the track prepped well?

~Jason.
jscamry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 07:33 PM   #2832
Tech Elite

If you went out of the groove let's just say "you knew" you were out of the groove. Yes it is very tacky as your tires get build up on the outside edge. All cars traction rolled at some point or another but some got theirs under control. It was a throttle control thing but it slowed you down obviously because you had to slow down. The car was fast but as the day went on the traction was crazy. Go outside the groove and you either pushed or the rear got loose.
Old 01-02-2010, 09:02 PM   #2833
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to wyd

Isaac are you running the stock 3 degree caster blocks? How much droop are you running in the car?
Custom Works (Best Oval Cars around)
wyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 09:06 PM   #2834
Tech Elite

I started with 2mm over ride height front and rear then ended with 1 front and rear. I am going to start over when I practice/run next time. I think it's the track actually Brian as at some point everyone was rolling including the following each other Xrays. 3 degree blocks... yes.
Old 01-02-2010, 09:12 PM   #2835
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to wyd

Quote:
I started with 2mm over ride height front and rear then ended with 1 front and rear. I am going to start over when I practice/run next time. I think it's the track actually Brian as at some point everyone was rolling including the following each other Xrays. 3 degree blocks... yes.
Wow tons of traction can cause havoc for everyone. I would try more droop as it will allow your car to roll alot farther before it traction rolls.

Sounds like you have it fast though and thats great to hear. Keep working hard as you will get it all figured out. Alot of extra learning as the E4 is just alot different than most cars. Thumbs up to for not just running a car that everyone has and stepping out of the box a little. You will figure it out and be rewarded for that.
Custom Works (Best Oval Cars around)
wyd is offline   Reply With Quote