R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 11-11-2009, 07:07 PM   #2671
Tech Adept

Solara:
Glueing up the tire side wall will give even less traction if the car is already loose. It's a low grip carpet condition issue, not high grip...

Sebo:
I just suppose you run rubber tires, right? If so, you can also try some softer tire insert (inner) and get the shock oil grade & springs a bit stiffer. It should allow the tire to "tweak" a bit more and then, give some more general traction.
Other thing, try to adapt a correct Dual rate value and don't hesitate to reduce the steering servo speed. (forward speed reduced up to 30% and normal back to neutral speed). Give it a try and tell us how things go.

Cheers
Slide

Last edited by Slideaway; 11-11-2009 at 07:24 PM.
Slideaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 11:10 PM   #2672
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Any of you JS owners got a manual you could copy and email me or snailmail to me. Willing to pay you for your trouble. started tinkering with my new/used toy and really want to get her going but feel more comfortable if i know what I'm doing and whats supposed to go where. Send me a PM. Thanks !
Evoracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 01:25 AM   #2673
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

PM me your email address, I have manual, I can try to scan it
05forfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 01:37 AM   #2674
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

Does anybody know how to improve E4RS' shocks? I found the shocks don't bounce back to half and move quite slow (higher friction?) compared with my E4JS' shocks and Tamiya TRF shocks. They all have two holes piston and TM #300 shock oil in them, E4RS' shocks just seem to be stuck at 1/3 way. Is there any way to improve? Or any other brand you would like to recommend?
05forfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 03:10 PM   #2675
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hi,

thank you very much for your tips. I will try this next weekend.

@Slide: yes Im driving rubber tires, but only the LRP VTEC CPX, because other are not allowed
SebO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 09:47 PM   #2676
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05forfun View Post
Does anybody know how to improve E4RS' shocks? I found the shocks don't bounce back to half and move quite slow (higher friction?) compared with my E4JS' shocks and Tamiya TRF shocks. They all have two holes piston and TM #300 shock oil in them, E4RS' shocks just seem to be stuck at 1/3 way. Is there any way to improve? Or any other brand you would like to recommend?
I fixed the shocks on my E4 by switching to the Tamiya TRF shocks. What a big difference. On the plus side, the Team Magic springs work great on the Tamiyas.
AreCee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 07:39 PM   #2677
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to Tabushi Send a message via Yahoo to Tabushi

Hey guys,

Very good results with the E4 for now, very very happy.

My car needs very little steering to perform good, just 40% or so, BUT ... im not comfortable not being able to have more.

Im still getting a very annoying high level of vibrations when i steer under throttle passed 50% rate.

Its amazing, i mean, its a HIGH vibration, like the car being destroying itself lol ...

I tried different brand of tires to check if its due to tire balance or rubbing and nothing, BUT without tires it doesnt have that problem ... anyone with any tip or opinion that could help ?

On very tight layouts i have to drift the car a little in order to turn tight, and i dont want that anymore ...

I though was my wheel rubbing the shocks or something, moved all on front side of the car, even without shocks !!! and still vibrates like hell ...

thanks in advance,

Pato Concha
Chile - Southamerica
Tabushi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 07:46 PM   #2678
Tech Elite

Had to edit my post. Read your post again and you say that WITHOUT wheels/tires everything operates fine. Have you tested car on a stand with wheels/tires and without? Have you checked hub bearings ? Does vibration happen at all 4 wheels ?
Old 11-16-2009, 07:20 AM   #2679
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to Tabushi Send a message via Yahoo to Tabushi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evoracer View Post
Had to edit my post. Read your post again and you say that WITHOUT wheels/tires everything operates fine. Have you tested car on a stand with wheels/tires and without? Have you checked hub bearings ? Does vibration happen at all 4 wheels ?

Without tires seems to be all right, its only front tires passing 40% steering rate.

First i though was tires rubbing something, but no marks nor any touch nothing, then though maybe its balancing the tires, i tried 4 brand of tires and the problem persist ...

Right now im out of my country will be arriving in 2 weeks, i will take a video of the SHOCKY vibration, its scary !!!, in fact i though maybe its only on wheels on air, but if i put for example 60% rate of steering and the car on the track, as soon as i hit a curve its screaming ppppppppprrrrrrrrrrrr vibrating ...

thanks for any tip ... i just ordered a full set of bearings just to try out ...

cya
!!

Pato Concha
Southamerica
Tabushi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 08:11 AM   #2680
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

What do you guys do to free up the E4?

Visaliahobbies.com * SkyRC * casterracingparts.com
Jochim_18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 09:08 AM   #2681
Tech Elite

Free up what? The drivetrain? Comared to my xxx-s it's definitely better and like any belt car it comes down to keeping things clean, checking bearings and watching belt tension. Must admit I haven't run this car yet but I don't expect the drivetrain to be an issue. The xxxs is still a runner and I'm hoping the handling of the E4 will be more to my liking.
Old 11-16-2009, 10:14 AM   #2682
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Solara Send a message via AIM to Solara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slideaway View Post
Solara:
Glueing up the tire side wall will give even less traction if the car is already loose. It's a low grip carpet condition issue, not high grip...

Cheers
Slide
Sorry, I meant check your tire and make sure they are not UNGLUE from the rim, happened to me before...glue the rear tire back and they are back on normal.
Solara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 10:19 AM   #2683
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Solara Send a message via AIM to Solara

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05forfun View Post
Tamiya TRF shocks...then TC5 lower spring plate, use the Team Magic lower shock cap, then you can use all the regular (not shorter) springs for TC.

Tamiya TRF is the best shocks in the business.
Solara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 12:21 PM   #2684
Tech Elite

Tamiya also has nice alloy lower shock retainers that work nicely. I'm using those on my car. Finally had a chance to use the new set up in race conditions and the TRF shocks made a big difference (That was the only real change in the set up, same oil and everything else.)
AreCee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 04:18 PM   #2685
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by AreCee View Post
Tamiya also has nice alloy lower shock retainers that work nicely. I'm using those on my car. Finally had a chance to use the new set up in race conditions and the TRF shocks made a big difference (That was the only real change in the set up, same oil and everything else.)
Are you using the TM springs or the Tamiya springs? Which shock retainers are you speaking of?