R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 03-31-2009, 01:31 PM   #1936
Tech Regular

Send a message via MSN to nocif13

setup outdoor wet damp

http://www.petitrc.com/reglages/team...ie20090329.pdf

Last edited by nocif13; 03-31-2009 at 01:49 PM.
nocif13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 01:53 PM   #1937
Tech Regular

Send a message via MSN to nocif13

i have finish 2 at the french nats championship to monaco whis e4rs09

pictures and resumes:

http://teammagice4.blogspot.com/

BEST REGARDS
OLIVIER GREMILLET
Old 03-31-2009, 02:19 PM   #1938
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by John St.Amant View Post
A 540 can is pretty genaric. What wind motor is it? Who made it ? What are the dimensions of your track? What battery are you using ? Let me know and I would be happy to help....
Well the track we race on was originally a tennis court so just imagine 2 tennis court and you have the dimentions. It has a green and yellow lead and is made by tamiya. I also run with a HPI ESC and a 3600 intelligent battery. By the way i don't understand what the wind of the motor is. Anyway thanks for the help!

Francis
Old 03-31-2009, 03:33 PM   #1939
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to John St.Amant Send a message via MSN to John St.Amant Send a message via Yahoo to John St.Amant

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverfrancis View Post
Well the track we race on was originally a tennis court so just imagine 2 tennis court and you have the dimentions. It has a green and yellow lead and is made by tamiya. I also run with a HPI ESC and a 3600 intelligent battery. By the way i don't understand what the wind of the motor is. Anyway thanks for the help!

Francis
Ok.... sounds like you have a Kit motor (Spec. Stock) I have found that they are very reliable motors. If your internal ratio in the car is 2.0588 like mine is, I recomend starting out with a 50 tooth pinion and a 96 tooth spur gear.
That will give you a 3.95 final ratio. Then what you will need to do is take the temperature of the motor through the slot in the can and try to keep the comutator below 180 degrees ferenheight. You want better acceleration rather than top speed with that motor so do not over gear it or you will lose spring tention and performence. Also try to keep the sum total number of teeth of the 2 gears between 146 and 153 teeth.Good luck my friend!
John St.Amant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 04:58 PM   #1940
Tech Apprentice

It has been far too long since I have logged on to answer some of the questions on this thread. To make it easier for people to respond without having to repost long quotes I will break my posts into individual issues.

Snowbirds:

I want to congratulate all of the E4 drivers for their efforts and results. And thank all those that chose to run the E4 instead of just following the crowd. we met a lot of people there but one that stands out is Ryan Cooper. He is just an amazing talent. Great Driver, Great setup man, and great all around guy. He really is the type of person that people in the RC industry are looking for to give sponsorships to. After meeting him and seeing him drive we couldn't wait to offer him a sponsorship. We predict great things in his future in R/C and want to help him on his way to being a headliner. Getting into the A-Main at Snowbirds is something we all would like to be able to accomplish. Not only did Ryan get there he made it look easy. Welcome aboard Ryan.

We would also like to congratulate "the Mikes" (Fischer and Pease) for their efforts. They had more than their share of hard luck but hopefully it counts as paying their dues for future Snowbirds visits.

Major congratulations go to Dave Ehrlich. He made the show in both of his touring car classes and finished 6th in each main. We are always in awe of Dave's driving and setup skills and consider ourselves EXTREMELY lucky to have him on board. In the last few months we have made tremendous advances in developing the E4 product line. None of this would have been possible without Dave's efforts and your support. We want to thank all of you that buy from us instead of spending your money offshore for making it financially possible to continue the development work that has made this car a contender with any top level car available. With your continued support we will continue to reinvest in this platform to get it to the top of the podium.
Old 03-31-2009, 05:22 PM   #1941
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to smyka

thanks guys for posting your setups i will let you know if i come up with anything else to try
Old 03-31-2009, 05:57 PM   #1942
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

very interested in trying this car..do they make a foam version as well as the rubber version?
i currently run losi...but i am on the verge of hating horizen period.
i have been doing a bit of research on this car and would like to make it my next!!!!

is the team looking for any other product testing drivers...?

please pm me with information.
thx for reading..

matt morris
Old 03-31-2009, 06:05 PM   #1943
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 62 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by morris View Post
very interested in trying this car..do they make a foam version as well as the rubber version?
i currently run losi...but i am on the verge of hating horizen period.
i have been doing a bit of research on this car and would like to make it my next!!!!

is the team looking for any other product testing drivers...?

please pm me with information.
thx for reading..

matt morris
ygpm
The Wease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 12:01 AM   #1944
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by John St.Amant View Post
Part # 30 5315 (X-Ray)
What's the point of using the axle? Does it do away with the slop?

Thanks.
cvccsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 01:16 AM   #1945
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

The xray axles are not what corn was talking about. While at snowbirds they were trying new axles which were the normal 2 piece axles. Took all the slop out of the car. Wolf and dave are working hard on producing parts for the car, and they have helped the car out alot. From what i hear be patient and there should be parts soon.

Wolf thanks for the kind words. ill be in contact for the reedy race. Lets get a bunch of e4's up there. later y'all
WEEZY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 05:04 PM   #1946
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

will the new front spool fit in the js? im sure it does but just want to make sure and does anyone have a good setup for E4js running T/A? i need indoor carpet and outdoor asphalt

Thanks in advance
RCP Customs-RC Juice
rkhess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 10:48 AM   #1947
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

If I can get an editable setup sheet to work I'll post my current Trans Am and mod foam setups.

Mr. Pease,
You have PM

Ehrlich,
Answer your PM foo!

Socko
Rick Vessell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 11:33 AM   #1948
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to John St.Amant Send a message via MSN to John St.Amant Send a message via Yahoo to John St.Amant

Quote:
Originally Posted by WEEZY View Post
The xray axles are not what corn was talking about. While at snowbirds they were trying new axles which were the normal 2 piece axles. Took all the slop out of the car. Wolf and dave are working hard on producing parts for the car, and they have helped the car out alot. From what i hear be patient and there should be parts soon.

Wolf thanks for the kind words. ill be in contact for the reedy race. Lets get a bunch of e4's up there. later y'all
Sorry to inform you but all that slop in my car is due to the bearing holes being too big for the bearings. The slop you are refering to is taken up once the wheel is bolted on. There has to be atleast .005" too much gap and the bearings float around in the uprights. Changing the axels will not fix my slop issue. Its the plastic, not the metal.
Old 04-02-2009, 11:35 AM   #1949
Super Moderator

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 182 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnySocko View Post
If I can get an editable setup sheet to work I'll post my current Trans Am and mod foam setups.

Mr. Pease,
You have PM

Ehrlich,
Answer your PM foo!

Socko
Give me your email and I can send one to you
Marcos.J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 11:35 AM   #1950
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvccsi View Post
What's the point of using the axle? Does it do away with the slop?

Thanks.
That honeycomb axel has a threaded hole instead of a threaded bolt for wheel attachment. All you would need is a 4mm button head screw and nothing sticks out if the center of the wheel.