Like Tree3Likes

CRC 1/10 Pan Car

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2013, 08:03 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by andrewdoherty
Bill Dumper Ficco et al,

Are there any detailed pics of the way y'all are mounting your CF and foam front bumpers on the LE/SE? I think I've seen some with screws securing the bumper to the CF plate, but I can't find them. An explanation would work too. I am assuming you mount the CF to the chassis with Al screws as an intended breaking point?

AWD
Andrew,

For carpet, I am using the minimalist CRC "trimmed" foam bumper #1760 with three 3/4" long x 4-40 Lunsford titanium button head screws (coming in from the bottom) with washers and nuts on top. But, I don't crash much either.

Because we have a new local indoor asphalt track with brutal 2x4 wood barriers, my asphalt car now has the beefier CRC bumper #1759 with the same three screws (plus the two front body posts supporting the foam bumper). Currently have some ShoeGOO added between the CF bumper and chassis plate to take some stress of a major impact off of the holes in the CF pieces. By doing this, the CF bumper is sacrificed; but, the chassis survives...If you know what I mean...LOL

Still using the LE car for asphalt and SE car for carpet.

Really like the layout of the new SE car. Thanks to CRC for posting great pictures of Dumper's Halloween Classic winning car. Dumper's setup is quick and easy and confirmed something I had already been doing. TUNING TIP: Try raising the height of the outer balls on the damper tubes as shown on Dumper's car. I am going even higher on my asphalt car.

Now, if I only had a local carpet track to play on...more LOL

Bill

Last edited by Still Bill; 11-03-2013 at 08:16 AM.
Old 11-03-2013, 09:27 AM
Tech Champion

I used half inch stand offs.
Old 11-03-2013, 09:44 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Still Bill
Andrew,

For carpet, I am using the minimalist CRC "trimmed" foam bumper #1760 with three 3/4" long x 4-40 Lunsford titanium button head screws (coming in from the bottom) with washers and nuts on top. But, I don't crash much either.

Because we have a new local indoor asphalt track with brutal 2x4 wood barriers, my asphalt car now has the beefier CRC bumper #1759 with the same three screws (plus the two front body posts supporting the foam bumper). Currently have some ShoeGOO added between the CF bumper and chassis plate to take some stress of a major impact off of the holes in the CF pieces. By doing this, the CF bumper is sacrificed; but, the chassis survives...If you know what I mean...LOL

Still using the LE car for asphalt and SE car for carpet.

Really like the layout of the new SE car. Thanks to CRC for posting great pictures of Dumper's Halloween Classic winning car. Dumper's setup is quick and easy and confirmed something I had already been doing. TUNING TIP: Try raising the height of the outer balls on the damper tubes as shown on Dumper's car. I am going even higher on my asphalt car.

Now, if I only had a local carpet track to play on...more LOL

Bill

Is this
http://www.teamcrc.com/crc/modules.p...prodID=7719481

the one Dumper has on his car here?
http://www.teamcrc.com/crc/images/st...gt-iso-web.jpg

Does either the trimmed or larger foam bumper hang over the front of the CF bumperat all? Thanks a ton for the help Bill.

AWD
Old 11-03-2013, 04:29 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by andrewdoherty
Is this
http://www.teamcrc.com/crc/modules.p...prodID=7719481

the one Dumper has on his car here?
http://www.teamcrc.com/crc/images/st...gt-iso-web.jpg

Does either the trimmed or larger foam bumper hang over the front of the CF bumperat all? Thanks a ton for the help Bill.

AWD
Andrew,

Yes, that is the correct foam bumper #1760.

But, if you initially use the standard #1759, you can trim it down quite a bit and get more protection (having the two front body posts also supporting this foam bumper is a plus).

Both of the CRC foam bumpers for the Gen-X10 cars overhang the CF bumper by maybe 3/16".

Back at the Carpet Nats, I remember your track's barriers being a tad hard on cars...I used a trimmed down #1759 bumper there.

Bill
Old 11-03-2013, 04:33 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by InspGadgt
I used half inch stand offs.
Burt,

At Vegas? Any other changes?
Old 11-03-2013, 05:12 PM
Tech Champion

Another thing to point out is that there are two different graphite CF front bumpers for the Gen-X10 cars. Part #1757 has an extra cutout in the center to accommodate a transponder while the other version #17571 doesn't have this cutout.

The one without the cutout is obviously stronger; but, I currently use the #1757 with the cutout on both of my cars. My thinking is that I would want this part to fail by design in a really big shunt in order to preserve the main chassis plate. Just a thought.

Bill
Old 11-03-2013, 05:22 PM
Tech Champion

Question: Are the new LE and SE kits now coming with the 1/8" front axle assemblies?
Old 11-03-2013, 09:26 PM
Tech Champion

Burt,

At Vegas? Any other changes?
I went to 20k damper tube oil when the grip came up and ran .50 front springs instead of the .55 listed in the setup you sent me.

Question: Are the new LE and SE kits now coming with the 1/8" front axle assemblies?
My LE did not come with the new front axle and knuckle. Bought it only about a month before the IIC. I understand the SE does have the new front knuckle and axle.
Old 11-03-2013, 10:14 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by InspGadgt
I went to 20k damper tube oil when the grip came up and ran .50 front springs instead of the .55 listed in the setup you sent me.

My LE did not come with the new front axle and knuckle. Bought it only about a month before the IIC. I understand the SE does have the new front knuckle and axle.
I do see the 1/8" axle on Dumper's car; so, I am believing it is the new standard.

Or, Dumper is messing with me...LOL

Bill
Old 11-03-2013, 10:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Thanks for the helpful chat fellas.
Old 11-04-2013, 05:16 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

Just in case anyone is interesed,

http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...e-edition.html
Old 11-04-2013, 08:21 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

I have spare chassis, battery trays, rear pod graphite and pod pieces, shock and some other odds-and-ends that I was thinking about making into a complete chassis. This is a Gen X10 and I was wondering if anyone had any parts that they were interested in selling to help me complete the car.
If it doesn't turn out to be cost-effective, I'll probably buy MUDVAYNE's car or get a complete Gen X10LE from Stormer.
I need a rear axle, hubs, and a front end.
Thanks.
Old 11-04-2013, 08:31 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by NutDriver
I have spare chassis, battery trays, rear pod graphite and pod pieces, shock and some other odds-and-ends that I was thinking about making into a complete chassis. This is a Gen X10 and I was wondering if anyone had any parts that they were interested in selling to help me complete the car.
If it doesn't turn out to be cost-effective, I'll probably buy MUDVAYNE's car or get a complete Gen X10LE from Stormer.
I need a rear axle, hubs, and a front end.
Thanks.
Nut,

Sounds like you are describing an older Gen-X10 which I would more likely recommend for racing with a 2S battery pack setup or with the 235mm conversion. The LE and SE cars are so much better for 1S racing on carpet and asphalt.

I must say that MUDVAYNE's SE car looks very good at a most reasonable price. Not sure why he is selling it; but, it looks brand new in the pictures he has posted in the Classifieds.

Cheers!

Bill
Old 11-04-2013, 08:51 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Yes the new SE does have the new 1/8th front axles. I like it better so far.
Old 11-04-2013, 09:01 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by BullFrog
Yes the new SE does have the new 1/8th front axles. I like it better so far.
Thanks BullFrog. Appreciate the confirmation.

Really great that the SE does not require a lot of option parts to be a real threat as it comes right out of the box.

Bill

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.