Like Tree2Likes

CRC 1/10 Pan Car

Reply

Old 01-27-2008, 08:46 AM
  #1  
Tech Regular
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
Doodad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: maybe not.....
Posts: 302
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default CRC 1/10 Pan Car

CRC 1/10 Pan Car-crcgenx10.jpg

Very nice! Thoughts? Can this take off?
Doodad is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 08:51 AM
  #2  
Tech Lord
iTrader: (13)
 
protc3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Spring Hill,Florida
Posts: 10,856
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Very cool. Im glad to see frank got it ready. We are all hoping to see it take off. It is a good alternative for the onroad side of the hobby. We need this for the onroad racing to bring it back to being fun and simple again. With CRC,BMI(me) and other companies getting ready to release, this class is sure to catch on. Im all for it.

Car looks good frank
protc3 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 11:31 AM
  #3  
Tech Apprentice
 
Notso's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: East Bay Area
Posts: 70
Default

This car is SWEET a lot of us on the west coast are preparing for a 1/10 pan series our biggest concern is tire prices we don't want to scare off any potential first timers.
Can we get some specs on this car? When will it be available?
Thank you,
Notso is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 11:38 AM
  #4  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (5)
 
Taz_S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Santa Rosa CA
Posts: 2,597
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

here is the link

http://www.teamcrc.com/crc/modules.p...article&sid=73
Taz_S is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 11:40 AM
  #5  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (5)
 
Taz_S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Santa Rosa CA
Posts: 2,597
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Now we need a bodies.
Taz_S is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 11:40 AM
  #6  
Tech Fanatic
 
b-man777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: MA.
Posts: 942
Default 1/10th on road pan car

hey all: Don't forget that darkside motorsports has a new 1/10th on road pan car available it's listed on their web site.Thanks for the pics and info
http://www.darksidems.com/viewproducts.php?partnum=460
b-man777 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 12:00 PM
  #7  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (5)
 
Taz_S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Santa Rosa CA
Posts: 2,597
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by trackdesigner71 View Post
As per Taz's request I resized all those pics of the new CRC 10th scale car:





















That should be much easier for you guys to check out



here are more photos


we not talk about darkside here that thire own forums we glad to talk about it over on the 1/10th side.
http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthre...09#post4121909

Last edited by Taz_S; 01-28-2008 at 12:16 PM.
Taz_S is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 04:58 PM
  #8  
Tech Legend
iTrader: (199)
 
Marcos.J's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Semper Fi
Posts: 28,894
Trader Rating: 199 (100%+)
Default

very nice , it seems that crc is using the Losi Type R battery tray and shock!
Marcos.J is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 05:35 PM
  #9  
Ike
Tech Master
iTrader: (8)
 
Ike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Posts: 1,228
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

I've just never quite understood the appeal of this class over 1/12th scale. Seems that I'm not alone either since this class died once and has failed to be resurected at least a couple times that I know of. At least now the one advantage it has is the ability to use Lipos. Would be fun to have one to play around with but a 1/10th scale pancar is was down in my list of things I want to buy for RC.
Ike is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 06:14 PM
  #10  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (5)
 
Taz_S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Santa Rosa CA
Posts: 2,597
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Ike View Post
I've just never quite understood the appeal of this class over 1/12th scale. Seems that I'm not alone either since this class died once and has failed to be resurected at least a couple times that I know of. At least now the one advantage it has is the ability to use Lipos. Would be fun to have one to play around with but a 1/10th scale pancar is was down in my list of things I want to buy for RC.

You right that we try to bring it back but no company what to make cars any more. They want to have cars that you need to buy parts for often. But with more and more TC going up in prices it looking better and better to get it going again. The bad thing is some trying to make them run TC bodies. I love the GTP bodies and the what the class is. It just a bigger bother of a 1/12th and the look a lot faster.
Taz_S is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 06:41 PM
  #11  
Tech Elite
 
vtl1180ny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Wrong Island
Posts: 4,963
Default

Originally Posted by Ike View Post
I've just never quite understood the appeal of this class over 1/12th scale. Seems that I'm not alone either since this class died once and has failed to be resurected at least a couple times that I know of. At least now the one advantage it has is the ability to use Lipos. Would be fun to have one to play around with but a 1/10th scale pancar is was down in my list of things I want to buy for RC.

It died because these were cars you could only run on a track and TC's could be run anywhere... Since the new TC's have become overpriced track only cars may as well go back to the tried and true pan car...


I may have to retire the 10L3T??? Got a wide version to replace my L2???
vtl1180ny is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 06:51 PM
  #12  
Ike
Tech Master
iTrader: (8)
 
Ike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Posts: 1,228
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Taz_S View Post
You right that we try to bring it back but no company what to make cars any more. They want to have cars that you need to buy parts for often. But with more and more TC going up in prices it looking better and better to get it going again. The bad thing is some trying to make them run TC bodies. I love the GTP bodies and the what the class is. It just a bigger bother of a 1/12th and the look a lot faster.

Made a response to this in the Pro10 thread since it seems more fitting there.
Ike is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 06:54 PM
  #13  
Tech Apprentice
 
Notso's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: East Bay Area
Posts: 70
Default

Thanks for the new pics I know quite a few people that will be interested in this car I just hope i can get one ordered before they do! I can't believe there are so many companies that are bringing back the 10th pan strangely just when a bunch of use are starting a new series (guess thats for the conspiracy thread)
Now as for bodies....back in the day Ken Jones at BBR made some beautiful Sports Prototype bodies I wonder what it would take for him to dust off those cool old molds and pop some bodies for us????
Notso is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 07:04 PM
  #14  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (5)
 
Taz_S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Santa Rosa CA
Posts: 2,597
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Notso View Post
Thanks for the new pics I know quite a few people that will be interested in this car I just hope i can get one ordered before they do! I can't believe there are so many companies that are bringing back the 10th pan strangely just when a bunch of use are starting a new series (guess thats for the conspiracy thread)
Now as for bodies....back in the day Ken Jones at BBR made some beautiful Sports Prototype bodies I wonder what it would take for him to dust off those cool old molds and pop some bodies for us????
he as some stock left and he working on new series for the class for the bay area.
Taz_S is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 07:56 PM
  #15  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (12)
 
tallyrc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: palm city, fl
Posts: 2,594
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

who is ken at BBR?
tallyrc is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service