Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree3Likes

CRC 1/10 Pan Car

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2013, 03:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

I was wondering which servo is being used in this reverse mount on the SE. The wires seem to indicate that it's an Airtronics servo.

Also, can I buy an SE manual from CRC or download one somewhere?

Last edited by NutDriver; 11-21-2013 at 03:50 PM.
Old 11-21-2013, 04:29 PM
Tech Champion

They do post their manuals here for free:
http://www.teamcrc.com/crc/modules.p...showpage&pid=7
But it looks like it hasn't been updated yet to include the Gen X10 SE.
Old 11-21-2013, 04:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Still Bill
No need for a new thread for each version name. This thread has covered the CRC Gen-X 10 cars from the very beginning. And, much of what has been said applies to the current version.

Cheers!

Bill
Yup, just making sure. Look forward to building mine!
Old 11-21-2013, 05:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

94761 Servo
Old 11-21-2013, 05:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

NutDriver: That should be Air 94761. I've been running one in mod, no issues.
Old 11-21-2013, 10:14 PM
Tech Initiate

I started building my SE kit this week. Overall I am not impressed with it. Wrong screws in bags. Parts not tapped. Tie Rods with no Threads. Is this common for CRC kits? If so then I am going to be cancelling the alter Ego kit I have on order. What sucks is due to all these problems I am having I will be missing another club meet this week.

Colin
Attached Thumbnails CRC 1/10 Pan Car-img_7173.jpg  
Old 11-21-2013, 10:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Gonzo007
I started building my SE kit this week. Overall I am not impressed with it. Wrong screws in bags. Parts not tapped. Tie Rods with no Threads. Is this common for CRC kits? If so then I am going to be cancelling the alter Ego kit I have on order. What sucks is due to all these problems I am having I will be missing another club meet this week.

Colin
One 4-40 tap solves all your issues. No one taps all their parts, it's all about the build. Get the kit together, you WILL be rewarded..... ANY Pan car class is all about the details, and the CRC cars pay dividends to those who pay attention....
Old 11-21-2013, 10:30 PM
Tech Champion

Colin
Colin,

Have not had such issues myself.

Call CRC and talk with John. He will take care of you.

Bill
Old 11-21-2013, 10:35 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by NutDriver
I was wondering which servo is being used in this reverse mount on the SE. The wires seem to indicate that it's an Airtronics servo.

Also, can I buy an SE manual from CRC or download one somewhere?
That is one tiny servo. I use the JR Z3650 servos. Excellent response and durability.

Bill
Old 11-22-2013, 03:55 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I've been using a JR servo also. Had it in my LE and installed it in the SE. The Se is a excellent kit right out of the box. I've to say This kit to me is easier to drive than my LE. It work good both on carpet and asphalt withthe same set-up -just changed the ride height and tire size. today I'm testing the 1/12th kingpin set-up with .50 springs on the carpet. That's all I'll be running till after the birds. Looking forward to trying their new WGT body when it gets in !
Old 11-22-2013, 05:47 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by CypressMidWest
One 4-40 tap solves all your issues. No one taps all their parts, it's all about the build. Get the kit together, you WILL be rewarded..... ANY Pan car class is all about the details, and the CRC cars pay dividends to those who pay attention....
Please explain to me how a 4/40 tap will fix that part in the picture. Because that is impossible. That part requires a Die not a Tap. I have already tapped the parts that needed to be tapped, but I shouldn't have to fix any new parts in a kit.

I understand that Pan Car is about details when building, but what about CRC pays attention to the details in there kits. Then I wouldn't be here posting about then problems I have in countered. I am not new to Pan car. Just new to CRC. I have never seen any of these problems with the other Brand cars I have purchased and Built.

Colin

Last edited by Gonzo007; 11-22-2013 at 06:58 AM.
Old 11-22-2013, 07:05 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Please explain to me how a 4/40 tap will fix that part in the picture. Because that is impossible. That part requires a Die not a Tap. I have already tapped the parts that needed to be tapped, but I shouldn't have to fix any new parts in a kit.

I understand that Pan Car is about details when building, but what about CRC pays attention to the details in there kits. Then I wouldn't be here posting about then problems I have in countered. I am not new to Pan car. Just new to CRC. I have never seen any of these problems with the other Brand cars I have purchased and Built.

Colin
You are just a lucky person then! Lol

Call up crc and they will take care of you as Bill said. My se kit came with all the proper parts and I love this car over my le (Great Upgrade for me!)

Every company makes mistakes from now and then. You cant say you ever ordered a combo with fries and they accidentally left of those golden salty delicious sticks!!! It Happens

Last edited by joeymdz; 11-22-2013 at 09:15 AM.
Old 11-22-2013, 11:05 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by BullFrog
I've been using a JR servo also. Had it in my LE and installed it in the SE. The Se is a excellent kit right out of the box. I've to say This kit to me is easier to drive than my LE. It work good both on carpet and asphalt withthe same set-up -just changed the ride height and tire size. today I'm testing the 1/12th kingpin set-up with .50 springs on the carpet. That's all I'll be running till after the birds. Looking forward to trying their new WGT body when it gets in !
Good news in asphalt!

Anybody tested SE with big battery 2s?

Regards
Old 11-22-2013, 02:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Colin
Sorry, original response was from my phone, so I didn't see the pic. Call Whopper (John Firsching) at CRC. He'll get you fixed up. I can honestly say that's the first steering tie rod I've ever seen with no threads.
Old 11-22-2013, 03:31 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I've never heard of all the problems you had with your car. I'd been using CRC cars for years with no problem.Just call John at CRC and go from there. Complaining here will not solve the problem.As most of us have not had that problem. I can say after getting the SE on the track it is the BEST WGT car CRC has made for me to drive yet! Just tried the 1/12th kingpins set-up for the carpet(low bite) with .55 front springs and everything else stock out of the box-WOW!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.