Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree288Likes

Tamiya mini cooper

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2016, 06:57 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Y'know, I'm gonna have a shorter life span than most, so perhaps I'll take up cantankerousness (cantankerism, cantankerosity?) now. I've been far too nice to you guys for far too long. Shut yer pie holes, ya bunch of balonies!

How was that? Needs work?

Last edited by monkeyracing; 06-03-2016 at 07:08 PM.
Old 06-03-2016, 06:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by monkeyracing
Y'know, I'm gonna have a shorter life span than most, so perhaps I'll take up cantankerousness (cantankerism, cantankerosity?) now. I've been far too nice to you guys for far too long. Shut yer pie holes, ya bunch of balconies!

Ahhhhh
Bob would be proud,
but I think it needs alittle more work!
Old 06-04-2016, 03:17 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by monkeyracing
Y'know, I'm gonna have a shorter life span than most, so perhaps I'll take up cantankerousness (cantankerism, cantankerosity?) now. I've been far too nice to you guys for far too long. Shut yer pie holes, ya bunch of balonies!

We will give you the honorary title of Chief Curmudgeon.

Or maybe the Candy Stripers in the hospital have already come up with a title for you?
Old 06-04-2016, 04:38 AM
Tech Regular

Hey has anyone ever used the tamiya slick tire? They don't seem to badly priced on ebay....5 a tire delivered almost
..I'll give em a try I think?
Old 06-04-2016, 05:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by M05 newbie
Hey has anyone ever used the tamiya slick tire? They don't seem to badly priced on ebay....5 a tire delivered almost
Depends on the surface you are running on I've split them up on Asphalt surfaces with the 60D Radials
Old 06-04-2016, 06:53 PM
Tech Regular

Ya I'm going to run them on the front and see what happens.

Do you guys remember the question about lowering the front control arm in the front to the lower of the 2 holes for more camber? I did it and now it looks like way more toe in than toe out. Not sure how it drives yet but it doesn't look like it will be good considering these lil guys like the toe out. Any of the veterans here tried this?

And Jim....your doing just fine in your cantankerousness lol

Love all the guys in this forum!!! Wouldn't it be nice if we could all meet for a race? I'd gladly bring up the back just for the experience!!
Old 06-05-2016, 03:24 AM
Tech Elite

Type A front, S-grip rear worked great for me on high-traction carpet, and one of our other guys here has successfully used that same combo on asphalt.
Old 06-05-2016, 05:37 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Ya I'm going to run them on the front and see what happens.

Do you guys remember the question about lowering the front control arm in the front to the lower of the 2 holes for more camber? I did it and now it looks like way more toe in than toe out. Not sure how it drives yet but it doesn't look like it will be good considering these lil guys like the toe out. Any of the veterans here tried this?

And Jim....your doing just fine in your cantankerousness lol

Love all the guys in this forum!!! Wouldn't it be nice if we could all meet for a race? I'd gladly bring up the back just for the experience!!
The toe angle is adjustable.
Old 06-05-2016, 06:40 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by gigaplex
The toe angle is adjustable.
I know...it adjusted as much as it will go for toe out....I may be new but that's just rediculous lol.

I'm going to try changing the holes around on the front uprights. Totally forgot about there being 3 holes for the king pins to be in. See if that helps
Old 06-06-2016, 04:40 AM
Tech Regular

I've tried something a little different with my diff. I've used 1/8in ceramic balls instead of the 3mm spec ones. Also built with a little associated grease and sanded the diff plates. It had a decent action, I could get it quite a bit tighter as well. Figured the .175mm difference was just like putting in a .2mm shim.
Old 06-06-2016, 09:59 AM
Tech Elite

Yes, I did this and got a strong 2nd place in the A-main this past weekend. This removed the problem I had w/ my front wheels pushing/scrubbing around corners. ...it keeps the front wheels in a more upright position on hard turns. This was a GREAT performance tweak, ...took 2sec's to do and really made a HUGE difference. My car is dialed in!!!

Type A front, S-grip rear worked great for me on high-traction carpet, and one of our other guys here has successfully used that same combo on asphalt.
That may be me that your referring to?? I've been using A-slicks up front and S-grips in the back for the past 2 seasons on medium level grip asphalt. I love this combo ...really works best for me (i've tried every combo of TCS legit wheels/tires).
Keep in mind though that there are so many combinations to build your Tamiya Mini that what works for me may not for you... as there may be a ton of other things that are different about each of our setups. ...But I do like this tire combo a lot. (a lot of guys at our track I notice started running this style as well ...I think I was the trend setter).
Old 06-06-2016, 10:06 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by eR1c
That may be me that your referring to?? I've been using A-slicks up front and S-grips in the back for the past 2 seasons on medium level grip asphalt. I love this combo ...really works best for me (i've tried every combo of TCS legit wheels/tires)... (a lot of guys at our track I notice started running this style as well ...I think I was the trend setter).
I thought it might have been you, but I couldn't remember for certain. I'll claim old age.

Can I take some of the credit?
Old 06-06-2016, 10:12 AM
Tech Elite

We're all still young on the inside!
Old 06-06-2016, 10:14 AM
Tech Elite

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXCBCZ&P=7

What???!!!!
Has this body been discontinued??? I love this body, its all I use and will ever use.

So if its discontinued does that mean it won't be allowed by TCS?
Should I go out and buy all the JCW bodies I can find?
Is the sky falling? What will I do. Its taken' me years to find the perfect body and now they go and discontinue it!!!
Old 06-06-2016, 11:11 AM
Tech Regular

Ya the toe I don't think was in too much. It handled pretty damn well with the arm drop in the front. I have slick type B tires and super slicks coming in the mail. I'm gonna try that combo for now. Got the super slicks at 5 a tire. See how that works. Found a nice concrete patch to drive at the park too. Little loose but enough space to run off with no obstacles to break stuff tho. Going to get some markers and make a course.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.