Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree13Likes

RCLAB 7even Cars.

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2002, 12:21 PM
Tech Adept

THANK YOU SO MUCH YOU ARE A GOD

i did the shocks, and they were tight, i did the spur gear shaft it was too tight cause i out in a lot of spacers now it is perfect i checked the servo saver and that was the problem
thanx so much (again) and obviousl that was not my last question even though my car is a little faster now and the shock adjustment helped, but im still learning on how to let off the throttle earlier and start later but im getting better

thanx, from a proud RCLAB owner,
nate
Old 04-04-2002, 01:43 PM
Tech Addict

rcspeedo- Hey buddy, call me A.S.A.P.!!!

RSX Type 7even- He, he. Glad to help. Let' er rip and have fun.
Old 04-06-2002, 09:04 PM
Tech Apprentice

Where can I buy one of these cars? I've never seen or heard of them before until now....they look great!
Old 04-06-2002, 11:08 PM
Regional Moderator

Originally posted by DJ_GenR8
Where can I buy one of these cars? I've never seen or heard of them before until now....they look great!
Speed Tech RC has them in stock. Their website is www.speedtechrc.com
Old 04-08-2002, 03:45 PM
Tech Adept

I AM EVEN HAPPIER YESTERDAY I GOT IN MY FIRST A MAIN!!!!!!!!!
other than being happy i wanted to know how you guys wire your lab so it looks so perfect! i have an XXL but no cyclone so that means i have a switch sitin out , also mah friend at my track trued and dynoed my motor, i had the highest amps in my motor there. It was in a green machine 3 so my qustion is what is a good gearing for high speed and high acceleration, my gearing right now is 96/34 too high too low?????? im about to buy _neas_ 's pinions and spurs so ill have 30-41 or so early replies would be great thanx
nate
Old 04-10-2002, 01:48 AM
Tech Addict

RSX Type 7even- Glad to hear your doin well.

The wiring is just cosmetics so just do the best you can to keep things neat. Make sure nothing is rubbing on the drivetrain or suspension.

Gearing is mostly dependant on the track layout, size, layout and the motor characteristics. Just gear it so that you reach top end at around 3/4 of the straight and not getting passed. Also make sure your gearing is low enough to give you good punch in the infields. If your motor is cooking after the race and your frying brushes, gear down.

How did the setup and adjustments work for you? How is the car handling now?
Old 04-10-2002, 05:06 PM
Tech Adept

the setup which u guys gave me and th ethings you told me to adjust gave me a little more accelertion now my rear belt is loose but not too lose. my handling kicks ass i was in the A-main i whooped my friend who had a team losi aka Team Loser, cause he hated it cause it always broke, he is about to become a new Lab owner since he likes my car so much.
thnx for the help
nate
Old 04-14-2002, 03:43 PM
Tech Addict

Rain, rain,

Go away,

Please come back,

Another day.

(Not on weekends...)
Old 04-15-2002, 04:00 PM
Tech Adept

URGENT URGENT URGENT!!!!!!

i just finished putting in my new delrin outdrives the older version not the new kind and now my car accelerates like s*** it seems like its slipping because it tops out in the motor but the wheels arent putting it out. but the driveshaft screws are tight the pinion is tight everything is tight, even the diffs, i just checked again but i sanded down the outdrives and thebearings get stuck on the outdrive so the bearing doesnt sit perfectly in the bulkhead, nevermind it does accept for 2 of them but i cant get them to work also there where spare orings should i have used them since there were no directions????if someone has them did you have this problem, or did you not i need answers immediatley since i race 2morrow

NaTe
Old 04-15-2002, 04:51 PM
Tech Addict

RSX Type 7even- When you rebuild your diffs, you made sure you transfered both screws right?

The one on the long side of the diff. allows you to set the diff. tightness- Just tight enough that it's hard to slip the diff.

The one on the short end locks the setting so that it won't loosen when you run.

Lastly, make sure your belts are not too loose. You might have to use a belt tentioner. I use one on the rear to get the tention right and to get the belt to clear the battery.

Crisman- What's the deal with those new pulley gears. The whole assembly doesn't fit between the motor mount. I'll have to sand to get them to fit. Did you have to do that too?

I still haven't got the right size pulley guard from you. Can you pack the right size in your pitt box already. I'll get it from you and put it in the first sunny practice day. Hopefully this comming Wed. or Fri.
Old 04-15-2002, 06:45 PM
Tech Adept

im a dumb a** thats what i didnt do thanx so much, i dont know what i'd do if there wasnt a forum this car

nate
Old 04-15-2002, 07:39 PM
Tech Addict

RSX Type 7even- He, he... Don't be so hard on yourself. It's easy to miss.

Up until 2 weeks ago, I didn't know what the short side screw was for. Since the diffs come pre assembled and they stay smooth for a long time, I've not rebuilt them till now.

Someone alse was mentioning to me about how cool the new Schumacher diffs were and that they had this locking screw feature. Then it hits me! I tried it and my loosening diff problem was gone!

By the way, try not to set the diffs too tight. A very tight diff in the rear will tend to push the car on the entry and will want to swap ends on the exit. The opposite will happen on the front diff. Adjusting both diff tightness is a good tunning aid.

Good luck.
Old 04-15-2002, 09:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Hello ...Hello... looks like we had a delema going..in here.. hee!!hee!! problem solved.THanks to Mytxxxx..he did learn it the hard way 2 ..so no big deal.It makes us perfect after a little while.

Yes,this weather is so down...rain...rain rain...
Hopefully this weekend be good.I got the shields here.Call me.Oh ..I bumped into Jzones the other day.He's ready to come out and play...it's about time.

Hey.I need those pics you took at the track e-mail me all you got.
We'll talk later.Cya..

Chrisman.
Old 04-19-2002, 09:27 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default rc laberdore

youll ****** re tight you h**s weel you need to try to keep up ith the fctrytmtc3

edit - please refrain from using such words on the forum. Though I have no idea what you are trying to say.

Last edited by Speedo; 04-20-2002 at 01:17 PM.
Old 04-20-2002, 12:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I think this factoryteamtc3 should be booted out of this forum....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.