Search
Like Tree13Likes

RCLAB 7even Cars.

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2002, 09:33 AM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Hey Guys I hear it might rain this weeend

I was looking at RC speedo's car yesterday. It looks like the improvments to the car are helping your team out.. Tristan was pitting next to me yesterday and I noticed his droop was way off side to side.. I explained what Droop does and how important it is to the car.. anyway we figured a way to use the Ascociated Droop gauge on the 7 car.. I dont know what you guys are using to measure droop but if you guys dig through your pitboxes ( as Tristan did) I am sure you will find one in their.. if not their only 2 bucks.. it might be a wise investment.. that way you guys can all compare droop settings with the same measurement ( same tool as your other team members)

Korgae
Old 04-25-2002, 06:05 PM
Tech Apprentice

Chris....I'm going to run mod and gas this weekend.

I just check the weather channel and it said it's supose to be nice.

Tristan had his car working pretty good on sunday. If he hack MTX he probably deserved it. LOL

Bring it on MTX

Dave
Old 04-25-2002, 09:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Hi Korgae,

Tristan car was on rails but if the droop was out on his car and got corrected ...it be even better..Will check it out once I see him....... this may possible benifit the whole Team..Thanks>
for the pointers.

Hey Osh,

I guess we all be running gas and mod.......hopefully weather be on ourside.The track may be cool...it may not be a hot day.Bring the cold tires out....or..shall I say...foamies.....they work well.

This weekend looks like it can turn out to be a busy one.Most of the guys will show up....the races down South the border won't be on till next weekend.Hopefully I get to run my pan gas..it's a totally different feeeling than touring gas.See u all at the track.

Chris.
Old 04-26-2002, 02:48 AM
Tech Regular

Hey Guys,

Thanks for the comment on the car, it was awesome, but still needs to do some work as it still waits a bit in the corner.

Korgae - Thanks for the advice bud, I kept trying to estimate the droop before and never bothered using the associated one, got the front a bit right though . unfortunately, when I checked my pitbox the droop gauge was gone, , it must've fallen off of my pit. oh well, I'll buy a new one.

Chris - so it was'nt the chassis that had the tweak after all, it was my droop that was way off. Oh well, live and learn eh.

Cya guys this weekend.
Old 04-26-2002, 09:39 AM
Tech Addict

OSHRacing- That's enough out of you. Wait till your old car comes back to haunt you and whoop your ass! LOL.

Some new handle to consider: Tanker is good, Malases is another, and Exxon is always a catchy...

Korg- Whoa man! We just have people comming out of the woodwork. Not that we know that more than 7even owners are looking at our site we should stop slamming other people, ehh... LOL.

By the way, congrats again on your sponsorship with Assoc. This on looks like a keeper. How's the nitro doin? Were you able to get more turn in? Motor looked fast.

Thanks for informing us about rcspeedo. We have ways of dealing with guys who fall out of line. We'll take it from here and carry out the appropriate actions.(Now where did I leave my motor spray and reamer?)

Chrisman- Car will be ready for Su8n. which looks like it's gonna turn out to be nice. Gotta get your help with engine and suspension tunning, O.K.? Maybe it will be nice enough Sat. to do some testing.

rcspeedo- We need to talk to you... and close the door...

Hey all- We're just talking and kidding around but if anyone needs help or wants to share some info. please jump in anytime.( If we don't post right away, it's just that we're igoring you... Just kidding)
Old 04-29-2002, 11:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

hey fellas,
i've been peeping this car for some time now. i noticed that in all of the pics i have everyone is using a direct servo saver. is the bellcrank system rigid? oh, and does the kit use metric or standard screws? thanks. later.
Old 04-30-2002, 07:55 PM
Tech Elite

Hey Seaball,

So far the bell crank is indestructible unless it is shaved to clear some servos.But other wise it's bullet proof.
MAke sure there's bearings for them for smooth operation.
Screws on these cars are metric.But standard screws can be used.....

Chrisman
Old 04-30-2002, 08:44 PM
Tech Elite

hey chrisman,
i guess what i meant is... is the bellcrank a spring loaded servosaver type, or just a rigid pivoting fixture? i direct linked my kxone and blew out a 9402 in like 20 runs. yeah, so i better rethink this one. ok? let me know. that car is so nice to look at. later.
Old 05-01-2002, 11:27 AM
Tech Addict

seaball- The sterring system is direct and does not have an internal spring to act like a servo saver. This is why everyone is using servo savers. Sorry to hear about your servo. I use the same one for many years now on several cars and has not let me down yet.(knock on wood)

The car is beautifull but tough. The car performs and is easy to work on. If you have a chance to try one then do. You'll see why we love this car. If not then a leap of faith has to be decided by you.

Besides, were all here to help, so you won't have to go at it alone. You won't regret it.
Old 05-01-2002, 03:51 PM
Tech Elite

hey guys,
what about droop screws? i don't see any. do you use internal limiters? that's the only thing keeping me away.
Old 05-01-2002, 06:47 PM
Tech Elite

Thanks Mytxxx....for clearing the steering bell crank out.As for the droop screws...yes there are on the frt and rear lower arms.No limiters used.Hope this answer your question.(seaball).
They are a little difficult to see sometimes.But they are there.

Chrisman
Old 05-01-2002, 08:13 PM
Tech Elite

hey guys,
remember me? i have 7 more questions. first:...nah. i think i'm sold. anyone have one used? i never buy new. macky's got a 5.2 with the 6.0 conversion. is that conversion complete? or will i just want to go with the 6.0 evo II?

oh by the way, why did rclab get away from the pivot ball style front susp on the 5.2ttt?
Old 05-01-2002, 09:23 PM
Tech Elite

Hey Seaball,

Bring on the questions....
As for Macky's kit,it's basically 6.0 ver 1 equipped.It's a lighter than 6.0 ver 2.It's fully loaded.

As for your question,it's basically better the car handling and performance,eventhough the 5.2 had proven it's ability to perform.

Chris.
Old 05-02-2002, 11:49 AM
Tech Initiate

Default gearing

i have a p2k2, geared at 28 pinion and 78 spur. right now i have ok top end. i'm looking for a littlebit more, but i dont' want to over gear the motor. after a 5 min race, i still have about 20 percent of my batteries left. so i'm just wondering what do you guys think. thanks in advance.
Old 05-02-2002, 12:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

If your motor is not too hot after a run you can go up on the gearing. In stock, temperature is usually the limiting factor rather than runtime.

Trips

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.