Search
Like Tree1Likes

U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2010, 07:29 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 261 (100%+)

Originally Posted by snoopyrc
I just wanted to know if all of that was in your head or if you had to refer to your notes. Thats scary if you knew all of that without even looking at your notes.
Well, I had to look up the JRXS internal ratio and use my calculator for the calculations, but the formulae are securely locked in my noggin. Then again, I'm math teacher so stuff like that is pretty easy for me to recall and describe, including the algebraic manipulation to discover whichever variable is unknown.
Old 01-16-2010, 07:50 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Yeah it would hurt my head to try to keep up with that.

Makes me squint, just thinking about it. People look at me like what the H3ll is wrong with you?
Old 01-16-2010, 09:15 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 261 (100%+)

Originally Posted by snoopyrc
People look at me like what the H3ll is wrong with you?
Admit it...people kinda do that around you anyway.
Old 01-17-2010, 11:31 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

I have a question that I think readers of this thread will like to give feedback on as it could potentially pertain to VTA racers everywhere.

As some know I am working on a couple big races for Mid America Raceway's 2010 outdoor season. VTA will of course be a big part in these events. One of the VTA related topics that was discussed at the last MSRA (a regional club here in the mid south) meting was tire tread heights and the control of people running "slicks". It just so happens that one of the things I was looking at doing for the two "big" races in question, is offering a "Hand Out/Spec Tire" for the VTA class much like we do with TC classes.

The tires would be mounted and glued on BLACK wheels most likely as it matches most paint jobs. The tires would come with the entree fee which would be set with the price of VTA wheels/tires in mind. The tires of course would be marked for tech inspection. There would be know additional sets allowed.

This would get everyone one the exact same hoops and in the long run even add little additional cost control.

Discuss.
Old 01-17-2010, 11:46 AM
Tech Adept

Old 01-17-2010, 04:10 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Thumbs up Hail Caesar...................................

Looks like there is a new Caesar in town................Arvin N. from Maryland. Word is he put the smack down on the Ohio and some other mid west racers.
Old 01-17-2010, 04:16 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by mrrcguy
I have a question that I think readers of this thread will like to give feedback on as it could potentially pertain to VTA racers everywhere.

As some know I am working on a couple big races for Mid America Raceway's 2010 outdoor season. VTA will of course be a big part in these events. One of the VTA related topics that was discussed at the last MSRA (a regional club here in the mid south) meting was tire tread heights and the control of people running "slicks". It just so happens that one of the things I was looking at doing for the two "big" races in question, is offering a "Hand Out/Spec Tire" for the VTA class much like we do with TC classes.

The tires would be mounted and glued on BLACK wheels most likely as it matches most paint jobs. The tires would come with the entree fee which would be set with the price of VTA wheels/tires in mind. The tires of course would be marked for tech inspection. There would be know additional sets allowed.

This would get everyone one the exact same hoops and in the long run even add little additional cost control.

Discuss.
I really like to see handout tires and motors at larger events. I think this is an exceptional idea and levels out the playing field even further.

Proline and Trinity have been doing this for years in Offroad, Onroad and Oval.
Old 01-17-2010, 06:00 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Looks like Arvin Nano from "The Track" MD TQ and Won the A main at the 3rd Leg of the NEGS...

Congrats Arvin! AKA "RCFREAK"

This is how they finish the Qualifiers...
Originally Posted by liteweight
here is the top ten VTA at the NEGS

VTA

Scoring and Timing by www.RCScoringPro.com
Top Qualifiers (Best Laps/Time)

Tri-State Hobbies & Raceway

Driver Qual# Laps Race Time Round Race Pos in Race Fast Lap

Nano, Arvin 32 6:10.139 4 11 1 11.072
King, rob 31 6:03.319 4 11 2 11.254

Pfahler, Chuck 31 6:09.197 4 11 3 11.421

zimmerman, phil 30 6:03.904 4 11 4 11.577

Layfield, Ky 30 6:05.836 3 10 3 11.664

Stanley, Mark 30 6:06.461 4 11 5 11.588

Kinnard, Myron 30 6:06.704 4 11 6 11.588

Sims, John 29 6:02.865 3 11 2 11.819

Kas, Victor 29 6:06.317 4 10 1 11.993

Klebau, Joe 29 6:09.689 2 10 5 11.814
Old 01-17-2010, 09:37 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Discuss.
Good idea in theory, but in practice you could have problems. Sometimes a batch of VTA tires comes out of the package a bit harder than the next. These tires are almost impossible to hook up without a couple weeks of attention. Not sure of the odds of getting a set of these. I suppose your tire gluers could just set those aside...

After gluing all those tires, would you also "treat" them all so they are a bit broken in before qualifying begins?
Old 01-18-2010, 08:05 AM
Tech Champion

Default THUNDER TRANS-AM SERIES

after alot of thought, and racing in Cincy this weekend....Im asking all the guys that are racing VTA to turn off the boost/turbo/timming advance esc's.....if you like the way things are, I understand, but I have seen 1st hand how this is the best move for the VTA class as a whole.

New tech is coming in from all over that are making the "stock/spec" classes un-managable for entry level or even "fast" guys...so in the intrest of fairness I believe this is the best move for the remaining Thunder Trans-am Series races....it doesnt cost you anything and the speeds allow for everyone to truly have a shot at winning....

I hope nobody has a issue and understands where Im coming from. As you guys know Im not the boss, but I do what I can to help anywhere its needed and me putting the series together with Dirla is an attempt to give a little something back to the guys that come out weekend after weekend to support the on-road scene(VTA..lol)....and I feel that a small change like this will help in the long run....If you feel Im wrong or you know of any other solution, by all means PM me and we will discuss it behind close doors.

here is an example of what is needed

LRP SPX profile 1-4
LRP TC/SPEC profile 1-6
Tekin RS/Pro turbo off
Ko Propo stock setting

it will be noticable in a race is someone is using it...but Im asking the 40+ VTA racers here locally to be honest and dont embarass yourself and have your car pulled by a tech at the end of the race....

ps...tech of VTA cars will be after the heat and ramdom in the pits...

lets try and have a great raceday and put on a show for the outta towners that are coming to claim some victories....lets send them home happy and glad they came...but with NO HARDWARE!!!!!!..........lol...sort of?

thanks,
Myron "BATTMAN" Kinnard
615-851-1876
Old 01-18-2010, 08:35 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Last Friday everyone with an RS turned their software to the old 183 software. The racing was some of the best we've had in months, very tight competition, with fast laps in the top 5 seperated by just .15 secs.
Old 01-18-2010, 08:39 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DARKSIDE
after alot of thought, and racing in Cincy this weekend....Im asking all the guys that are racing VTA to turn off the boost/turbo/timming advance esc's.....if you like the way things are, I understand, but I have seen 1st hand how this is the best move for the VTA class as a whole.

New tech is coming in from all over that are making the "stock/spec" classes un-managable for entry level or even "fast" guys...so in the intrest of fairness I believe this is the best move for the remaining Thunder Trans-am Series races....it doesnt cost you anything and the speeds allow for everyone to truly have a shot at winning....

I hope nobody has a issue and understands where Im coming from. As you guys know Im not the boss, but I do what I can to help anywhere its needed and me putting the series together with Dirla is an attempt to give a little something back to the guys that come out weekend after weekend to support the on-road scene(VTA..lol)....and I feel that a small change like this will help in the long run....If you feel Im wrong or you know of any other solution, by all means PM me and we will discuss it behind close doors.

here is an example of what is needed

LRP SPX profile 1-4
LRP TC/SPEC profile 1-6
Tekin RS/Pro turbo off
Ko Propo stock setting

it will be noticable in a race is someone is using it...but Im asking the 40+ VTA racers here locally to be honest and dont embarass yourself and have your car pulled by a tech at the end of the race....

ps...tech of VTA cars will be after the heat and ramdom in the pits...

lets try and have a great raceday and put on a show for the outta towners that are coming to claim some victories....lets send them home happy and glad they came...but with NO HARDWARE!!!!!!..........lol...sort of?

thanks,
Myron "BATTMAN" Kinnard
615-851-1876
Good job Myron!
And it was great talking with you this weekend.
Old 01-18-2010, 08:40 AM
Tech Addict

Discuss.

Not all tire glue'ers are the same... some like to sniff it. Seriously, it would level the field but we all know brand new tires plain suck if not 'prepped' but it would be the same for everyone. I would be pissed if I got handed outta-round tires from a poor glue job.
Old 01-18-2010, 08:47 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BadSign
Last Friday everyone with an RS turned their software to the old 183 software. The racing was some of the best we've had in months, very tight competition, with fast laps in the top 5 seperated by just .15 secs.
In Ft Wayne last week, I believe most all of us ran without boost. I actually have made the move to a Havoc. The racing was much better, far fewer wrecks, and fewer broken parts. No one complained when it's this obvious the racing was better.
Old 01-18-2010, 09:09 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by blackdog
Hi All
Can anyone post a vta setup for a AE TC5 ,Im running 21.5/lipo or even a thread to one.track is med to large ,changes almost every week were I race and has med to high bit carpet.
Thanks in advance`
Matt
Im running box stock TC5r setup, at 4.2 fdr ,LRP SPX pro-4, with C-USVTA rules...car is fast almost anywhere I race...

only changes...high traction-glue side wall tires...not enough turn-in...goto green springs in rear.....real tight layout....4.6 fdr

hope it helps

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.