Search
Like Tree86Likes

Hpi Pro 4

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2006, 09:34 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

raptor,

Try the set-ups on the HPI website and go from there... many people have referred me there and said Atsushi Hara's 04 Nats set-up is a great place to start. I myself have the other problem- understeer! lol on foams though- im new to the car also.

Hope this helps- www.hpiracing.com ... go to HPI USA english then click on instructions and you'll see a section for set-ups. then select pro4.

Good luck, let us know how it goes

Cheers

Robbie
Old 04-22-2006, 09:41 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by raptor 700
I can't get a step-up down on my pro 4. Everytime I get on the gas it just spins out. It is so bad I can't do a clean lap without spinning out. My spring in the rear AE silver. Shocks are at second inner most positon. Roll centers are stock. Chamber angle has a 2mm spacer under the ball joint. I am almost ready to sell the car. So please soon. Thanks for any help you can give.
add some anti - squat on the rear, take out the rear swaybar( if you have one) and try 5mm droop in front and 4mm droop in the rear
Old 04-24-2006, 06:53 AM
Tech Adept

Default to: raptor700

can't get a step-up down on my pro 4. Everytime I get on the gas it just spins out. It is so bad I can't do a clean lap without spinning out. My spring in the rear AE silver. Shocks are at second inner most positon. Roll centers are stock. Chamber angle has a 2mm spacer under the ball joint. I am almost ready to sell the car. So please soon. Thanks for any help you can give.
You probably don't have power on front weals so check them! Place car on the ground and pull up end of the car with front weals on the ground. Hold the car firm and put power on. Then you'll now.
Old 04-24-2006, 08:17 AM
M.J
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

hey all,

big question please help.

i have a pro4 v1.1 and i love it like my own.

i hate getting the motor screws and always have trouble with it.

i like the one on the hara edition which lets you put the screws in then slide on.

DOES THIS FIT ON THE ORIGINAL PRO4?

Thanks all help appreciated.

M.J
Old 04-24-2006, 08:28 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by M.J
hey all,

i like the one on the hara edition which lets you put the screws in then slide on.

M.J
Yes it will fit but it's hard to find as most places don't carry it. If all else fails use a round/ swivel hex driver or slice the end of the heat sink open w/ a dremel if you're desperate. The Hara heat sink makes motor work so much easier
Old 04-24-2006, 08:29 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by M.J
hey all,

M.J
Yup...fits like a glove...i have it on my ver1.1 too. Very useful option part to have.
Old 04-24-2006, 08:33 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tomislav
You probably don't have power on front weals so check them! Place car on the ground and pull up end of the car with front weals on the ground. Hold the car firm and put power on. Then you'll now.
Yes I agree. Something serious is going on for any sedan to be spinning out like that on power. If it's driveline also check for seized bearings or CVD that are spinning or front diff skipping or slipping or make sure the one-way isn't in backwards ... I've seen it B4. If suspension check for binding.
Old 04-24-2006, 09:38 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

HPI and Stormer Hobbies has the Hara motor mount in stock now. Makes motor changes eazy.

http://www.hpiracing.com/?page=kits/...hp?catType=std

https://www.ssl-stormerhobbies.com/c...ns&pn=HPI75192
Old 04-24-2006, 08:41 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

I think it might be the front diff slipping. Thanks I'll try everything you guys have told me.
Old 04-24-2006, 10:51 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Hi Guys! anybody out there who has a spare steering Knuckle arm?(Preferably Alloy ones) or do you know any alternative RC Makers that could fit their knuckle arm in my Pro4?

If you have, willing to ship it here in Manila, Philippines...

PM me...
Old 04-25-2006, 12:33 AM
Tech Regular

Needed one pro 4 chassis, let me know if you have an extra one you want to sell. THX
Old 04-25-2006, 09:33 AM
Tech Adept

does anybody no if the hpi stick pack braces that are design to keep the stick pack in... are made out of grafit or something that will conduct elcetricity? because i was sick of my cells coming out due to (the chassis flexing i gessed..) so i put them to see if my saddle packs would work with them but i think i was getting ocasional strainge defects like funny throttle control etc... however i did have a new speedo on so that may have been the cause... although it did seem fine with some insulation tape over it...
Old 04-25-2006, 03:39 PM
Super Moderator

I have a recent set up for the pro4 that worked really good in mod if anybody wants it let me know
Old 04-25-2006, 06:06 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Marcos... is that a one-way setup or a spool??

If it's a one-way setup i'll certainly have a look! (I'm not a huge fan of spools because they tend to be a little hard on the car. I don't get out to race that often so i like to maintain some consistency - we all run one-ways here. Don't want to start messing with my favoured setup too much!)
Old 04-25-2006, 06:12 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by AngryAsian
Marcos... is that a one-way setup or a spool??

If it's a one-way setup i'll certainly have a look! (I'm not a huge fan of spools because they tend to be a little hard on the car. I don't get out to race that often so i like to maintain some consistency - we all run one-ways here. Don't want to start messing with my favoured setup too much!)
is with a spool, I havent tried the oneway in mod yet

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.