Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree86Likes

Hpi Pro 4

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2006, 08:56 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 208 (100%+)

OK in getting my Pro4 for an asphalt race. I am ballancing the car with the chassis holes on the bottom. I have found I need to add 84 grams to balance this thing out. For electronics I hace a Novak cyclone,futaba low profile fervo,large blak airtronics reciever (the one from the cs2p) a monster stock, a personal transponder, 3r racing motor heatsink with fan. I am using IB3800 and 4200 with strap.

It just seems a little high.
Old 04-25-2006, 11:52 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Guys, What is the difference between a one way and a spool? How to they perform on an aspalt track?
Old 04-26-2006, 06:44 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Marcos.J
I have a recent set up for the pro4 that worked really good in mod if anybody wants it let me know
Yeah, send it down, buddy.
Old 04-26-2006, 07:17 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kewdawg
Yeah, send it down, buddy.
its on its way!
Old 04-26-2006, 08:28 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Marcos.J
I have a recent set up for the pro4 that worked really good in mod if anybody wants it let me know
Sign me up. Carpet, asphalt, foam, rubber? Maybe my questions will be answered once I see it. 8)
Old 04-26-2006, 08:30 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by waltuo
Sign me up. Carpet, asphalt, foam, rubber? Maybe my questions will be answered once I see it. 8)
is for asphalt,check your pm
Old 04-29-2006, 07:19 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by movingparts
Guys, What is the difference between a one way and a spool? How to they perform on an aspalt track?
I tried using a spool. The setup needed a revamp for my car to turn better I had extreme understeer. Took it out after. You'll be breaking hard late before the corners at speed. If that's how you drive its ok to use it.
Old 04-29-2006, 08:06 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by movingparts
Spool is Good for Late Braking and Diving in Corners cause you can put power to the last minute before you make your move on Corners. plus wherever you turn your stearing that is where your car will be going, though Since we are on Shafts be ready to commit buying some more Bevel Gears. as spools are Hard on Front bevels, cause of the braking effects whenever you let go of the Power, and you cannot do Gliding on Corners as with Oneways.

Oneways are Perfect for Initial Turns and for those who like Gliding before Corners, Oneways tend to make your Driving more smoother and more quick on Corners. that is if you are not that trigger Happy with your Controller.

As we are all different in Driving Skills and techniques... try other methods and parts to suit your driving capacity... I dont like Spools cause its costly in the long run with bevels and Dog Bones, though spools are great in Big Races... So as far as Im concerned the most I have done with Practice Runs and weekly races, is using both Diff. on Front and Back sort of in between Spool and Oneway.
Old 04-29-2006, 08:24 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Wow..you guys still race these things..
Old 04-29-2006, 08:35 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by xxxkat
Yes We Do... Its not Like the Cyclone Kit Can Fly... Right? just because Hara Uses a Cyclone doesn't mean if you have one too, you will be world Champion. I Bet if you give him a Pro4, He can make it Win the podium.

Anyway, What Kit are you Using? have you Won Big Races with it? Pffft!
Better Yet, Come to this Thread again when you Win the World Champoinships with your New Kit of whatever type it is... then you ask us again if we still use our kits.

But for Now Keep your Nose Close to your mouth.

Dont Bark on a Wrong tree Kido.
Old 04-29-2006, 08:40 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by xxxkat
Yep. While waiting for me Hara kit.
I just came back from a race (yay asphalt season begins!) and its still keeping up with the latest cars such as the MSX.. mostly driver
Old 04-29-2006, 10:15 PM
Tech Lord

Hara runs the Cyclone because he is sponsored by Hot Bodies.. I was just surprised that people still race them..it's not a bad car(in fact i have 3 of them)It's just with the car of the week in full swing I just figured that most everyone moved on.I'm shocked that Aurra Sing still races one being that he's in "car of the week" central(j/k)
Old 04-30-2006, 12:52 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

What's the deal with hotbodies?!?

Is hotbodies a subsidiary of HPI? or a completely seperate company?
Did HPI take hotbodies over?
Why did HPI chose to have two brands instead of the 1?
Old 04-30-2006, 01:06 AM
Tech Master

It was more of a merge and sharing of resources than anything else, HPI and HB now share a common location and alot of common personel.
Old 04-30-2006, 06:02 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by junbantay
Yes We Do... Its not Like the Cyclone Kit Can Fly... Right? just because Hara Uses a Cyclone doesn't mean if you have one too, you will be world Champion. I Bet if you give him a Pro4, He can make it Win the podium.

Anyway, What Kit are you Using? have you Won Big Races with it? Pffft!
Better Yet, Come to this Thread again when you Win the World Championships with your New Kit of whatever type it is... then you ask us again if we still use our kits.

But for Now Keep your Nose Close to your mouth.

Don't Bark on a Wrong tree Kiddo.
..Thread looked a little on the slow side..So i thought i would stir it up a bit..
I was one of the first to run this car.. I get bored running the same car all the time..On the big races..dont go,To much money,for me i would rather hang out with friends and race the local scene..I've had my "glory" now I leave it up to you young guys to get yours..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.