Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Xray T2'008

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2007, 09:39 AM
Tech Adept

Stop nagging you guys.....

If you don't like it, don't buy the damn car.....

(or you could start at thread called: "Let's start crapping the new T2'008")

Regards
RA
Old 08-14-2007, 09:45 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Carbonator
Stop nagging you guys.....

If you don't like it, don't buy the damn car.....

(or you could start at thread called: "Let's start crapping the new T2'008")

Regards
RA
Case in point. I dont recall anyone ragging XRAY. Please point out one post where someone did. No one rags the car, they blast the snippets and spoon feeding of upgrades carefully disguised as "a new car". You know what you XRAY fans remind me of...that new Wendy's commercial. The one with the men faces on the screaming girls. Just change the "Wendy's" to "XRAY". When it leaks out, you guys go bonkers. See it for what it is, no one hates the car.
Old 08-14-2007, 09:46 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 86 (99%+)

If you don't want to buy the new car then don't. No one is forcing you. If you don't like to hear people praise Xray, stay out of this section of the forum. I can't understand why people get upset when a new product comes out? You don't have to buy it, but why bash someone who wants it. Their money, their choice. I have a '007, and I intend to buy the '008. You don't see me jumping over to the Tamiya thread knocking guys wanting to buy the MSXX MRE just because I think nothing has changed enough to justify it as a new car. This thread should be about the '008 and the new features on the car, not how much "you" dislike Xray or their customers. Plain and simple.
Old 08-14-2007, 09:50 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

here is the perfect car for people that dont like to get updated and like to keep the same car design for a decade, buy the traxxas 4-tec and you wont have to worry about the car changing anytime soon!!!

I have a couple of x-ray cars already(not the t2 or 007), ill buy this one too just to have
Old 08-14-2007, 09:50 AM
Tech Regular

the prototype or pre-production model hasn't even be revealed to the public yet! why don't we wait and see what Xray is offering before going all crazy up in here!! i am happy though my T2'007's rock!!!!
Old 08-14-2007, 09:53 AM
Tech Adept

Exclamation

Well, it may be a bit late to save this thread from total derailment, but hopefully we can use this tread to provide details to interested customers as they become available.

Right now details are scarce, as XRAY has not released any specific details about the 008, not to the public or to its distributors. In fact, no member of our race team has seen any of the prototypes yet, except for the spy shots we have all seen on the web. Ever since the T2 images were ‘released’ ahead of schedule, XRAY has been very cautious with the info they send out! We do know that several different prototype pieces were tested at the Euro’s by the European team to evaluate possible updates. Based on the results and performance of the team and the different options, they will probably take what was learned at the event to make their final decisions. No time frame for production, or the scope of the final changes, has been provided yet. As always, I expect teamxray.com will have the latest images and updates as soon as they are available, but if we receive some news I will try to update it here as well.

For those not interested in the XRAY lineup, hopefully you have found another brand that suits your needs. While we hate to lose a sale to another brand, we also hope to see the touring class solidify itself again. With the amount of new technology and confusion relating to rules and class requirements, there is a lot of uncertainty surrounding electric touring. That, along with the declining number of tracks around the country, the state of electric touring is definitely in flux. While we have seen XRAY focus on several areas of competition in the last year (NT1/XB8EC/XT8), we also know that electric touring is still very important to Juraj and XRAY. That is why you continue to see development on the platform from year to year. I understand some concern from customers regarding new releases, but I also know that if the race team were the only people with access to new pieces, we would receive just as many complaints, if not more. You can scan every chassis thread on this board to find complaints from one extreme to another. This manufacturer changes kits too often....that manufacturer doesn’t change enough....they don’t release new parts to the public....they release too many option parts, etc…. No company has kept every single customer happy, but that is true in every industry. XRAY has been consistent in continuing to offer updated kits that improve performance, and I would expect no different with this one.

As soon as more info is made available, I will try to check back and provide some updates.

Bryan
RC America
Old 08-14-2007, 09:57 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

it will be a good car
Old 08-14-2007, 09:59 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Marcos, that monstrosity is in dire need of development. Traxxas can DEFINATELY benefit from a bite of the r&d bug. Talk about two sides of the spektrum. One company, drops it like its hot and the other, has an electric car that hasnt seen a change in so long, man, I cant even think of analogy. XRAY dudes, live long and prosper. Well, Hudy will prosper, you guys just live long. No one hates your cars, so get the sand out of your (Marcos, you know the rest). lol
Old 08-14-2007, 10:18 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by bxpitbull
Case in point. I dont recall anyone ragging XRAY. Please point out one post where someone did. No one rags the car, they blast the snippets and spoon feeding of upgrades carefully disguised as "a new car". You know what you XRAY fans remind me of...that new Wendy's commercial. The one with the men faces on the screaming girls. Just change the "Wendy's" to "XRAY". When it leaks out, you guys go bonkers. See it for what it is, no one hates the car.
And I don't recall saying you guys were nagging Xray.....

This thread was ment to be about the new (not yet released) Xray T2'008.
Started by someone hoping to hear a bit more about the details and improvements of the car. Al what he has got now, is a bunch of people nagging about new cars being released every year.
That was my "case in point".
In this modern society everyone is free to do as they please, and spend there money accordingly. No one is forcing some-one to buy a new car when it is being released.
If you feel you are being "forced" to buy the new car when it has been released, make your "point" by finishing in front, with an older model car.

Regards
RA
Old 08-14-2007, 10:39 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rmargiotta
Oh yeah and to the guy on the first page who commented on every XRay thread starting off as a bash-fest: This is nearly every thread on here and other forums in other industries, these forums have gone astray from technical assistance and a friendly place to gather where people could converse about common interests to something that people can hide behind, and near anonymously cause trouble and speak their 'mind' where it's not needed...
It's most definitely not specific to R/C. In the business, we call it "John Gabriel's Greater Internet Fuckwad Theory." It comes from this comic on Penny Arcade. In general, it can be applied universally to any forum, from knitting to Star Wars.
Old 08-14-2007, 11:07 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RC America
Well, it may be a bit late to save this thread from total derailment, but hopefully we can use this tread to provide details to interested customers as they become available...

Right now details are scarce,... As always, I expect teamxray.com will have the latest images and updates as soon as they are available, but if we receive some news I will try to update it here as well.

For those not interested in the XRAY lineup, hopefully you have found another brand that suits your needs. While we hate to lose a sale to another brand, we also hope to see the touring class solidify itself again. With the amount of new technology and confusion relating to rules and class requirements, there is a lot of uncertainty surrounding electric touring. That, along with the declining number of tracks around the country, the state of electric touring is definitely in flux. ... That is why you continue to see development on the platform from year to year. I understand some concern from customers regarding new releases, but I also know that if the race team were the only people with access to new pieces, we would receive just as many complaints, if not more. You can scan every chassis thread on this board to find complaints from one extreme to another. This manufacturer changes kits too often....that manufacturer doesn’t change enough....they don’t release new parts to the public....they release too many option parts, etc…. No company has kept every single customer happy, but that is true in every industry. XRAY has been consistent in continuing to offer updated kits that improve performance, and I would expect no different with this one.

As soon as more info is made available, I will try to check back and provide some updates.

Bryan
RC America
Very nice Bryan! What a classy post in the midst of all of this pestilence. This is how a quality organization should react to foolish senseless bashing. A positive, thought out, informative response, how refreshing...

-Sean, a random Tamiya-guy...
Old 08-14-2007, 11:08 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by syndr0me
It's most definitely not specific to R/C. In the business, we call it "John Gabriel's Greater Internet Fuckwad Theory." It comes from this comic on Penny Arcade. In general, it can be applied universally to any forum, from knitting to Star Wars.

Old 08-14-2007, 11:13 AM
Tech Addict

Anyway, I think we should get back on topic and keep this thread open for any new info or updates on the new car. Anyone have any idea what in specific has been updated?
Old 08-14-2007, 11:20 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Hustler
Very nice Bryan! What a classy post in the midst of all of this pestilence. This is how a quality organization should react to foolish senseless bashing. A positive, thought out, informative response, how refreshing...

-Sean, a random Tamiya-guy...
Yep, nothing like a sterilized rubber-stamp response from the corporate windbag.

He should be working for Phillip-Morris.
Old 08-14-2007, 11:30 AM
Tech Addict

yea, what a conformist....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.