Wiki Posts
Search

Xray T2'008

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2007, 08:13 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by part-time racer
This thread is a joke. The title is T2'008 and not "Bash Xray".
I have not had much to do with touring car racing over the last 5 or 6 months. But coming back to this web-site and reading some of your posts has really saden'd me.
If you have a problem with a manufacture providing new products on a regular basis then whats the point of progress?
Xray is a company like anyother that is tring to make good business and make some Euro's.
Obviously, you didnt read my last post. It isnt just XRAY, its many of the manufacturers. XRAY stands out as one of the main culprits because they market their cars as "the latest and greatest". When you come across with that type of swagger, people begin wonder why are you feeding the market in snippets? Someone pointed out Tamiyas many versions of the 415.....Tamiya doesnt market their vehicles like XRAY...they advertise and let their products and drivers do their talking, PERIOD! After awhile, XRAY beats you over the head until you get to the point where you say to yourself,"I am a zombie, I must have an XRAY".
Old 08-14-2007, 08:13 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

This thread is a joke. The title is T2'008 and not "Bash Xray".
I have not had much to do with touring car racing over the last 5 or 6 months. But coming back to this web-site and reading some of your posts has really saden'd me.
If you have a problem with a manufacture providing new products on a regular basis then whats the point of progress?
Xray is a company like anyother that is tring to make good business and make some Euro's.
Common sense will not be tolerated in this thread...

Old 08-14-2007, 08:17 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by bxpitbull
Obviously, you didnt read my last post. It isnt just XRAY, its many of the manufacturers. XRAY stands out as one of the main culprits because they market their cars as "the latest and greatest". When you come across with that type of swagger, people begin wonder why are you feeding the market in snippets? Someone pointed out Tamiyas many versions of the 415.....Tamiya doesnt market their vehicles like XRAY...they advertise and let their products and drivers do their talking, PERIOD! After awhile, XRAY beats you over the head until you get to the point where you say to yourself,"I am a zombie, I must have an XRAY".

Its called marketing, most of us can see beyond it. I bought the xray cause my LHS has full parts support not because I was "beaten over the head". I'm sure many xray owners did the same. The only reason I respond to these threads is because they are completely insane. What is your point exactly?
Old 08-14-2007, 08:22 AM
Tech Master

My point is this, plain and simple. You XRAY owners are whiners. People see something that is purported to be the best to date, and how you XRAY owners go goo goo ga ga. No one disputes the quality, we have all seen the flash media presentations. We know Hudy does his homework. But after awhile and I ask again, when does one let a product live its full shelf life before they come out with another latest and greatest? And please, dont talk to me about marketing....I work in marketing and advertising, which is why many people hated the Ipod. Steve Jobs came out with a good product and used the same concept as XRAY. Eventually, people began to wonder,"why buy this latest ipod when it will be obsolete in 4 months?".
Old 08-14-2007, 08:35 AM
Tech Addict

We are the whiners????
Who is whining? I own a 007 and I will not be buying a 008. Why? because I have not yet taken the 007 to its limits. For those that have and feel that the 007 is limiting them then by all means buy one. I couldn't care less. Please keep in mind this car is a race car not a basher. I point this out because it seems people confuse the two. Serpent updates there 1/8 series all the time to stay on top, even if it means a shock mount change. Its racing, any little tid bit of improvement will help and if the racers are willing to pay than the manufacturer will be willing to sell.
Old 08-14-2007, 08:43 AM
Suspended

Default Let it Go!

Guys, Ive said this before. Its only once a year that they put out a new car. Stop coming down so hard on a company that doesn't even lead the charge in putting out a kit in a yearly span. The cost is more than some american cars but hey, you get what you pay for. Rocco paid retail, I paid retail. We have all paid retail for Xrays because of quality, durability, and how much support you can recieve. All touring cars on the market today are capable of being fast. They are not much different than each other. But, Xray does the little things that create a following like the above said. Dont hate!
Old 08-14-2007, 08:45 AM
Tech Master

Sinister, take a look at a few other XRAY threads. If dudes arent bowing East of Mecca to the almighty XRAY, some XRAY owners seem ready to go to blows. Like I said, I believe they have an excellent group of cars. You are the first dude I have seen that said he is NOT going to buy the 2008. Many of the dudes on the other threads, I think they buy it just to be seen...."I got the latest, na na na na na na". These are the cats that should be flogged.
Old 08-14-2007, 08:54 AM
GK
Suspended

My point is this, plain and simple. You XRAY owners are whiners...
LOL, reading your posts you're the one who seems to be whining here...
Old 08-14-2007, 08:58 AM
Suspended

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by GK
LOL, reading your posts you're the one who seems to be whining here...
I think he likes to see what the lame excuse the fanboys will come with next in defense of XRay's customer fleecing policy.

In fact, so do I. Let's see some more!
Old 08-14-2007, 09:00 AM
Tech Fanatic

In the last diary thingy, Juraj mentions 3 different racing areas....

So my prediction is:

T2-008 US (6 cell for foams)
T2-008 EU (5 cell rubber)
T2-008 JP (4 cell rubber)

Most companies never stop development and research. The difference is where most companies will release a chassis, then produce a constant stream of options and upgrades. Xray on the other hand, wait a year without releasing much, then drop everything into a new kit.

Nothing much changes, you still spend $300, just in one go instead of spending it over every couple of months.

I'll stick with my Mi3 for true innovation though.
Old 08-14-2007, 09:05 AM
Tech Addict

Sinister, take a look at a few other XRAY threads. If dudes arent bowing East of Mecca to the almighty XRAY, some XRAY owners seem ready to go to blows. Like I said, I believe they have an excellent group of cars. You are the first dude I have seen that said he is NOT going to buy the 2008. Many of the dudes on the other threads, I think they buy it just to be seen...."I got the latest, na na na na na na". These are the cats that should be flogged.
I agree with you there. I have raced atv's for many years, my knees and back requested a change in hobby so I did. But I saw the same thing happen in that industry. Some guys buy the best just to say they did and then make a fool out of themselves at the track. They are called "posers". I and many other racers kept the same equipment for years just updating and modifying to their liking. Thats how it should be done. But their is another angle you must look at as well. Last year I was shopping for a TC and had the choice between a T2 or the 007, ofcourse I chose the 007. Why, because it had the latest in technology. Did I expect to have the latest and greatest forever, nope. I knew eventually a revised model would hit the market. And now it has, must I have it absolutely not. But should I bash a company that stays on the cutting edge, absolutely not. And for the guys that must have it, then by all means.
Old 08-14-2007, 09:06 AM
Tech Master

GK, Whining? You illiterate speck of insignificance. I happen to like XRAY, but the support here is not the greatest. I said that who knows how many times, but like I said, if one doesnt bow down, they are whining haters. Look here meatball, it's a good brand. If you want to beat your drum, beat it. But some of us see the b.s. for what it is. Too bad you are too stupid to see the light.

Sinister, totally true. I like the fact they have the inigenuity to be so creative and cutting edge. Speaking for myself, its the guys that go bonkers when the new kit comes out. THATS the thing people dont like about XRAY...is the hype the USERS create. Anyone who hates the quality is retarded.
Old 08-14-2007, 09:16 AM
Tech Regular

off course, as with any product, a manufacturer will always call it the "latest and greatest". this holds true in most instances. the difference with RC though, is that most of the products final performance results are influenced by the owner. in this i mean, the car sill has to be driven and setup well to achieve good results. this could take a while for some people, and could take a few weeks/months for others. at the same time though, the manufacturer has already been able to extract 100% from the product, so instead of sittng on their behinds, the do more R&D, and pretty soon, they are ready for a new model. this is just the way the world goes. some companies do it faster/better than others. it eventaully boils down to preference, no-one is being forced to go out and buy this new model. you still have a choice.

all this b!tching and moaning is purely a waste of bandwidth. whether we like it or not, new models will be released all the time.

Last edited by RocketRacer; 08-14-2007 at 09:17 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 08-14-2007, 09:17 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

My point is this, plain and simple... Steve Jobs came out with a good product and used the same concept as XRAY. Eventually, people began to wonder,"why buy this latest ipod when it will be obsolete in 4 months?".

BRAVO! BRAVO!
Old 08-14-2007, 09:24 AM
Suspended

Cool

Hey, gotta pay for all that weed their factory drivers smoke at the races somehow.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.