Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree12Likes

Yokomo MR-4TC SD

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2005, 07:30 PM
Tech Elite

without having to go back and see if it has been asked before, has anyone tried the upper holes in the rear axle hub. other then being a bear to get ride height and shock movement. what can i expect handling wise.
Old 05-30-2005, 07:52 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I'm pretty sure those holes are only there so the hubs can be used in the rear of the mr4bc 4wd offroad buggy. I've never tried or heard of anyone trying to use those holes in a touring car.
Old 05-30-2005, 08:17 PM
Tech Elite

I have a quick setup question:

If I move the camber links to the upper holes on the shocktower. Will I have more or less roll? And if I make them shorter, will I have more or less roll?

I've had these questions for a while now, and even when I make the changes, only the stopwatch shows any difference.
Old 05-30-2005, 08:26 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Matt Howard
I'm pretty sure those holes are only there so the hubs can be used in the rear of the mr4bc 4wd offroad buggy. I've never tried or heard of anyone trying to use those holes in a touring car.
now that you mentioned it, i do have a set on the buggy. i guess it was a silly idea. but then again, with the 14mm of ride height i have i could try it on the off road track. lol thanks once again.
Old 05-30-2005, 08:31 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Pro4Capece
I have a quick setup question:

If I move the camber links to the upper holes on the shocktower. Will I have more or less roll? And if I make them shorter, will I have more or less roll?

I've had these questions for a while now, and even when I make the changes, only the stopwatch shows any difference.
I always felt like when I raised the inner camber link that end rolled less. Also, with a shorter link I've always felt like the car rolled more.
Old 05-31-2005, 12:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Turtlemaster
without having to go back and see if it has been asked before, has anyone tried the upper holes in the rear axle hub. other then being a bear to get ride height and shock movement. what can i expect handling wise.

i tried on my CGM before, and it was a pain to lower the ride height... anyway, handling wise, it seemed to improve my rear traction a bit, but all together, i felt it didn't give a real advantage...
Old 05-31-2005, 03:00 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Pro4Capece

for me, shortening the rear links gives me a more consistent rear traction feel... unlike a longer link that has more traction at the beginning of a turn, but when it reaches the its limit, snaps abruptly.
Old 05-31-2005, 09:37 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

anybody try the double deck version of LCG kit on the carpet yet?
need some financial support to get this kit(who doesn't )
also WTS:
1 x Rayspeed Conversion Kit(new) --> $120 shipped
1 x HPI PRO4 KIT(new) ---> $250 shipped

~Ming

Last edited by aoizip; 05-31-2005 at 11:44 AM.
Old 05-31-2005, 12:42 PM
Tech Adept

The front suspension on my Yokomo SSG has a lot of left-right play in it. That is, it appears that I can move the front right wheel up to three degrees of toe in/toe out before the servo is affected. (I thought maybe the ball joints are worn; also appears to be from the steering rack, which I guess is the only other possibility). The left wheel appears to be able to move about 1 degree left-right. I asked a couple guys at my local track (I'm a newbie) who said that's normal for Yokomos. Is he right?

Second question, I read about some people mounting their servo horizontal to the steering rack. Would you recommend this for the SSG?

Thanks for your help.
Old 05-31-2005, 01:05 PM
Tech Elite

Every car will get this as it gets used. The ballcups, kingpin holes, shims, wheel hexes, ect... will get play from the dust and grit the wears out the moving parts.
Old 05-31-2005, 01:05 PM
Tech Elite

Usually this won't affect handling b/c the momentum helps the wheels track straight.
Old 05-31-2005, 04:09 PM
Tech Adept

Second question, I read about some people mounting their servo horizontal to the steering rack. Would you recommend this for the SSG?
Yes, I would recommend it, it will give you more space for the electronics and better balanced car

If you dont want to go thru the hassle of drilling holes you can tape the servo with some good quality double sided tape.Some Yokomo Team Drivers used to do it this way so it should work fine

See ya!
Old 05-31-2005, 08:15 PM
Tech Adept

Man, 3 degrees of play is normal wear and tear? Makes me laugh at the I spend time with my set-up gauges making 1/2 degree changes.

I'm not too keen on mounting the servo with tape alone. I think there would be play in that. At the same time, I don't feel comfortable drilling holes in my chassis (I don't have the capability to drill a countersunk hole). Hmmm... I guess I may have to stick with an off-balance car.
Old 05-31-2005, 09:04 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by grazianos
Man, 3 degrees of play is normal wear and tear? Makes me laugh at the I spend time with my set-up gauges making 1/2 degree changes.

I'm not too keen on mounting the servo with tape alone. I think there would be play in that. At the same time, I don't feel comfortable drilling holes in my chassis (I don't have the capability to drill a countersunk hole). Hmmm... I guess I may have to stick with an off-balance car.
Have you measured it out to be 3 degrees? Or does it "feel" like 3?
Old 05-31-2005, 09:05 PM
Tech Elite

Can somebody post a few pics of their car with the servo mounted parallel to the upper deck? AKA: The other way to mount it.

thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.