Like Tree12Likes

Yokomo MR-4TC SD

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2005, 12:17 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default AEAST 2005 Chassis

Hey Fellas,

Last year a few pics of the AEAST V1.3 chassis were posted to the web. This was a carbon tub chassis that proved to be very popular in the UK and was a convicing winner of the BRCA Stock National Champioships and the Southern Touring Car Championship series.

A season of racing the chassis gave designner Andy East a great basis on what changes should be made in order to make a quick car that little bit quicker.

We have been testing the AE2005 chassis throughout the winter months and have found the car to exceed its predessor in every aspect.

Take a look at the doc below and see what you think!!

Enjoy
Chris
Attached Thumbnails Yokomo MR-4TC SD-%C62005.jpg  
Old 02-02-2005, 12:20 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Chrissy, looks awsome but will it be available to the U.S. this time?

Blake
Old 02-02-2005, 12:24 AM
Tech Regular

Blakesrc, Yes mate, this time round the AEAST experiance can be enjoyed internationally

Chris
Old 02-02-2005, 12:25 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Chrissy,

awsome, thanks for the good news.

Blake
Old 02-02-2005, 12:25 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

looks really great...a real piece of art!
Old 02-02-2005, 12:30 AM
Tech Regular

Blakesrc / Utieh,

If you would like any further information then please email Andy direct at [email protected]

Chris
Old 02-02-2005, 01:15 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Johnnytc3
Pops, Matt or anybody that knows,
Ive been informed recently that the sd has a king pin problem, (king pin poping out) , has yokomo resolved this issue yet? If not what fixes are currently available?
thanks

Johnny
I'm using M4 screws as king pins.
Just make sure to tap a 3.5mm hole 1st.
I've never ever had these come out. NEVER.
Old 02-02-2005, 04:40 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: Sat Race

Originally posted by Matt Howard
I think you mean Matt H since I don't remember anyone here named Mike H I'm glad you liked the setup
Sorry for the typo! Thanks for the set ups and the help we are getting here!!

Will try out the lighter version of the spool you are using! I'm using speedtechs and is heavier compared to the one you mentioned! Thanks again!
Old 02-02-2005, 06:04 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally posted by racer
does anyone have pictures of Masami's SDW from the recent World's Championship? or any pictures other than the ones found on Yokomo's web site.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Here you go.
http://www.fseara.org/gallery/album53/masami
Hope this helps,
Stephen <><
Oh and that chassis a couple of posts ago....Loos sweet and looks very expsencive. LOL
Old 02-02-2005, 06:49 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default NEW RAYSPEED

Little Birdy told me the New Rayspeed will incorperate a saddle pack design as to help balance the car.
---/--------\
--/-----------\
-/------------- \
l----------------l
l servo l batt l
l servo l batt l
l esc l batt l
l batt l mot l
l batt l mot l
l batt l mot l
-\--------------/
--\-----------/

I know it looks retarded but I haven;t seen a picture of it yet.
Hope this idea will work well.
I guess we will have to wait and see.
Just wondering if anyone has seen a production picture of it yet.
I could be wrong but the info came from a repitable source.

Stephen <><
Old 02-02-2005, 07:19 AM
Tech Elite

Default Where can I get these!!!

Has anyone tried it yet?
http://www.teamorion.com/global/global_news.asp?id=2740
Old 02-02-2005, 07:20 AM
Tech Champion

Default Re: AEAST 2005 Chassis

Originally posted by Chrissy C
Hey Fellas,

Last year a few pics of the AEAST V1.3 chassis were posted to the web. This was a carbon tub chassis that proved to be very popular in the UK and was a convicing winner of the BRCA Stock National Champioships and the Southern Touring Car Championship series.

A season of racing the chassis gave designner Andy East a great basis on what changes should be made in order to make a quick car that little bit quicker.

We have been testing the AE2005 chassis throughout the winter months and have found the car to exceed its predessor in every aspect.

Enjoy
Chris
That is without a doubt the nicest chassis I've ever seen from any aftermarket manufacturer. Keep us posted when it becomes available in the states.
Old 02-02-2005, 07:32 AM
Tech Regular

Hi Matt,

Thanks for your compliments, I will pass them on to Andy.
Unfortunately you will not see this on the wall at the LHS, Andy is a racer who saw a problem with something, fixed it and stirred up so much interest that he thought he would sell his product to help cover costs and continue development. As such there will not be a 'mass' production of chassis' as they are made to order.

There is a 'press release' from Andy concerning the chassis, but it is on a word doc and can't be posted. I have copied a part of it below for anyone interested in purchasing a chassis.

The cost of Chassis, upper braces and shock towers (AEAST Designed towers) total GBP155

AEAST release....

Lead-times
Lead-times can be anywhere from 2-4 weeks plus the time it takes to post/ship the order. We cannot be anymore specific than that at this time because making one of our chassis is a lengthy, involved and highly skilled process, each chassis is constructed using hand laid carbon fibre throughout and hand finished. We are only a customer of Fibre-Lyte and therefore our orders have to be processed along with all their other commitments.

How to place an order:
1. E-mail me at [email protected] stating what parts you would like to order (including part number), the quantity and your full address (so we can calculate postage and packing).
2. I will return your e-mail with a final quoted price that includes postage & packing, an order number and further details about how to pay for your order if you are happy with the price quoted.
3. i) If the price quoted is acceptable we require an e-mail stating that you wish to proceed with your order.
ii) Send your payment quoting your name, address and order number.
4. I will return your e-mail once your order has been placed with Fibre-Lyte and I will inform you if any delays are expected, otherwise you may assume the above lead times are accurate.
5. i) Once we receive your order from Fibre-Lyte we will forward it onto the address you supplied us along with all the relevant literature and base set-ups for both carpet and tarmac.
ii) I will send an e-mail stating that your order is on it’s way to you.

Although this conversion is intended for the Yokomo SSG/Black Special kits, the CGM can also be converted. However, if you wish to convert a CGM you will need to purchase an SSG style motor-mount (SD-304) and SSG style steering posts (SD-200L) to complete the conversion. We are unable to supply these items as part of the conversion and must be purchased separately

Thanks
Chris
Old 02-02-2005, 08:19 AM
Tech Master

Default Re: Where can I get these!!!

Originally posted by lem2
Has anyone tried it yet?
http://www.teamorion.com/global/global_news.asp?id=2740
They just came out in Japan, you should be able to get them soon.
Old 02-02-2005, 10:34 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)
Default Re: AEAST 2005 Chassis

Originally posted by Chrissy C
Hey Fellas,

Enjoy
Chris
That chassis looks sweet!!! I don't know that I've ever seen a chassis where the suspension arms pass through an opening in the chassis.

There doesn't seem to be any place to mount the bumper??? Are there any other "closer-up" photos?

I'm interested.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.