Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree12Likes

Yokomo MR-4TC SD

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2005, 10:51 AM
Tech Addict

owners of SD, CGM, SDW. do you all use the stock aluminum shocks that comes with the kit or have you swapped them out for the longer set?

so for most of you who want to adjust droop/ride height on the car, do you just trim the internal limiters? or do you use the longer shock ends?

what is the average length for the front/rear shocks if you were to have the front a-arms parallel to the ground?

please bare with me all the questions, the front a-arms setup are angled upwards. Yokomo's setup is something new to me so i'm trying to learn them.

Thanks!
Old 02-03-2005, 11:17 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default Re: Where can I get these!!!

Originally posted by lem2
Has anyone tried it yet?
http://www.teamorion.com/global/global_news.asp?id=2740
R10 has some!!
Goodluck to anyone going to the birds!!!

Matt Howard: what will be the advantage of using the Rear Hub Carrier with additional 0.5 degree of toe-in? What will it do? I am already using the R+3 rear suspension mounts with stock rear hubs and we run on asphalt with moderate to heavy grip?

Originally posted by racer
owners of SD, CGM, SDW. do you all use the stock aluminum shocks that comes with the kit or have you swapped them out for the longer set?
so for most of you who want to adjust droop/ride height on the car, do you just trim the internal limiters? or do you use the longer shock ends?
what is the average length for the front/rear shocks if you were to have the front a-arms parallel to the ground?
please bare with me all the questions, the front a-arms setup are angled upwards. Yokomo's setup is something new to me so i'm trying to learn them.
Thanks!
I used to use the stock ones, The stock aluminum ones are great and easy to maintain, I have changed them to TRF Flourine Coated Shocks for ease in adjustment, with droop, ride height and all the things that you mentioned. I just used the YOKOMO short, shock ends and RS retainers.

Last edited by lem2; 02-03-2005 at 11:59 AM.
Old 02-03-2005, 12:01 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally posted by lee82gx
i put some epoxy (grey) to help flatten the area that contacts with hub to help reduce the threads from cutting into the hubs
But i've tried without the epoxy and it works well also.
It would seem as though the 4mm screw would creat slop due to the fact that you would not use the carrier bushing. Do you have any slop issues or does the 4mm screw fit pretty snug into the carrier?

Thanks
Johnny
Old 02-03-2005, 03:48 PM
Tech Champion

Default Re: Re: Where can I get these!!!

Originally posted by lem2

Matt Howard: what will be the advantage of using the Rear Hub Carrier with additional 0.5 degree of toe-in? What will it do? I am already using the R+3 rear suspension mounts with stock rear hubs and we run on asphalt with moderate to heavy grip?

It will give you a bit more rear grip. You can always put them on the opposite side they were made for to take away .5 deg of toe in so you'll have 2.5 total in the rear. Or use the 2 deg rear block if you think 3.5 will be too much
Old 02-03-2005, 04:57 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: Re: Where can I get these!!!

Originally posted by Matt Howard
It will give you a bit more rear grip. You can always put them on the opposite side they were made for to take away .5 deg of toe in so you'll have 2.5 total in the rear. Or use the 2 deg rear block if you think 3.5 will be too much
Great!! Thanks again!
Old 02-03-2005, 05:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally posted by Johnnytc3
It would seem as though the 4mm screw would creat slop due to the fact that you would not use the carrier bushing. Do you have any slop issues or does the 4mm screw fit pretty snug into the carrier?

Thanks
Johnny
no noticable slop.
I would encourage you to try this on older or stripped steering knuckles first.
Actually the standard king pin bushing diameter is 4mm so the M4 screw fits it perfectly.
Old 02-03-2005, 06:09 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Post Hey Matt...

when you gave me your Rayspeed carpet set-up, what were your shock lengths front/rear? I'm thinking about trying 64mm/66mm. I also shaved down those triangular pieces leaving about 2mm of tube.
Thanx for the tip...

- JB
Old 02-03-2005, 06:18 PM
Regional Moderator

Originally posted by racer

When I'm using the standard SD shock tower, I prefer use longer shock body (SS) and set them to approx 62 and 61.5 (downstop front 5, rear 4)

Now I'm using the new Rayspeed ver.2 and I have switch back to SSS shock body because I set them to 60 (front) and 63 (rear, using longer ends)
Old 02-03-2005, 06:41 PM

Originally posted by vtl1180ny
Besides buying the lightweight tub has anyone attempted milling out the CGM tub to try and shed a few more ounces off the car?
jaybee, should i tell him about the mod to the "other" cgm chassis. lol

actually one night i decided to lighten the chassis a little by grinding here and there, next thing i knew i had a cut off wheel chucked up in the drill press and cut straight across the entire length and width of the chassis i removed about half of it. oh its got some flex now, but to be on the safe side i both a lightweight chassis and changed it.

taking a little off the edges probably wouldn't hurt and but be prepared to buy another chassis if you mess up
Old 02-03-2005, 08:47 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by ritchie
jaybee, should i tell him about the mod to the "other" cgm chassis. lol

actually one night i decided to lighten the chassis a little by grinding here and there, next thing i knew i had a cut off wheel chucked up in the drill press and cut straight across the entire length and width of the chassis i removed about half of it. oh its got some flex now, but to be on the safe side i both a lightweight chassis and changed it.

taking a little off the edges probably wouldn't hurt and but be prepared to buy another chassis if you mess up
Yea, I'm looking to shed that much weight...
Old 02-03-2005, 09:30 PM
Tech Champion

Default Re: Hey Matt...

Originally posted by JayBee
when you gave me your Rayspeed carpet set-up, what were your shock lengths front/rear? I'm thinking about trying 64mm/66mm. I also shaved down those triangular pieces leaving about 2mm of tube.
Thanx for the tip...

- JB
I don't really check the shock lengths on my setups. As long as I can get the droop settings I want thats good to me. If you're talking about the rubber tire carpet setup I usually ran the front at 7 on the droop gauge and 5 in the rear.
Old 02-03-2005, 09:48 PM
Tech Rookie

Default SDW ?

Hi Guys,

Is the SDW gonna be a permanent fixture or is it jus the limited Worlds thingy??

Cheers lads!
Old 02-03-2005, 09:55 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: SDW ?

Originally posted by cubic
Hi Guys,

Is the SDW gonna be a permanent fixture or is it jus the limited Worlds thingy??

Cheers lads!
there were only 555 made. Hopefully they would make more!!!
Old 02-03-2005, 10:15 PM
Tech Champion

Post Re: Re: Hey Matt...

Originally posted by Matt Howard
I don't really check the shock lengths on my setups. As long as I can get the droop settings I want thats good to me. If you're talking about the rubber tire carpet setup I usually ran the front at 7 on the droop gauge and 5 in the rear.
That's exactly what I got Matt, THANX...

- JB
Old 02-03-2005, 10:17 PM
Tech Champion

Post Re: SDW ?

Originally posted by cubic
Hi Guys,

Cheers lads!
There's a few online shops that still has some in... I just gotta remember which ones.
Ultimate Hobbies is one of them

- JB

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.