Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree12Likes

Yokomo MR-4TC SD

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2003, 08:44 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

1. I agree on the need for lower holes but most of the owners that I've talked to just run the longer shock ends.

2. I agree and I'm sure an aftermarket company will make them soon.

3. skipped 3

4. in the near future

5. in the near future

6. an easier way to reinstall the diff is to put the rings over the drive shafts and then install the diff. when you are done then just slide the rings over the diff halves without having to manhandle the diff.

7. that's the first thing I thought of to when building the car. I heard some companies are making some Ti shafts, maybe they will have the flat spot on two sides?
Old 05-07-2003, 08:52 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default Re: Parts I would like to see for the SD...

Originally posted by sosidge
In no particular order...

2) Alumium suspension mounts, with rotating bushings - like Hotbodies make for the Pro 3 - so you don't have to force the plastic parts and suspension pins to get alternative toe and kick-up. In particular, I think the forward rear mount should be available with the bushings, because mine has already been stretched by running 3deg toe, and I'll start to develop play in the mounts if I use other settings.

I would appreciate other owners thoughts on these parts - should Yokomo be making them?
Well the suspension mounts wouldn't neccesarily have to aluminum. Bringing with it high cost and heavy weight. The STR-4pro I owned used bushings in the suspension mounts, but everything was plastic...or composite...or whatever you want to call it. They were very smooth and very light and didn't need to stretch the plastic to acheive different toe angles.
Old 05-07-2003, 09:04 AM
Tech Champion

Sosidge:

1: run the long shock ends.

2: Square RC will have them soon...They make them for the TC3 already and other option parts for the EVO-III.

3: ...

4: Soon to be released in the future

5: same as 4

6: What Matt said... I take the rings off to remove the diff..just slide it off on to the bones..

7: Square RC will be releasing Ti input shafts. and Tobbee Craft Blue aluminum version. I just filed a flat spot for the grub screw..same thing that we did for the Pro3 hingpins..

From Square RC:

Last edited by rc-zombies; 05-07-2003 at 09:14 AM.
Old 05-07-2003, 09:52 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Parts I would like to see for the SD...

Originally posted by sosidge
1) Front shock tower with an extra, lower row of shock mounting holes.
Just did some measurements - what I think would be ideal would be the same row of holes, but offset 2mm down, along the shock line. I know a source for CF parts, so I may get one made up. I agree that long ends are a quick fix - but I'm a bit fussy! I now think that the rear mount is fine.

2) Alumium suspension mounts, with rotating bushings - so you don't have to force the plastic parts and suspension pins to get alternative toe and kick-up.
Plastic parts are fine! (I don't care about the looks, just whether it works)

Oops - no 3 - can't count - maybe that's why I'm out of work!

6) Outdrive rings with slots - it's a real pain trying to manhandle the diffs out to adjust them
I had tried the "rings off" method, still found it a bit fiddly - I'll have a bit more practice!

One more thing as well...

8) Different top bumper plate - moulded so it locks onto the body posts (rather than sit on top of the "teeth" that hold the foam down), also wider, with extra holes so people who choose to use the wide body mounts have them held in place.
Old 05-07-2003, 01:28 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default BEARINGS

i was planning on upgrading the bearings. i've got acer ceramics on my xxx-s, and i'm very satisfied with their performance.

last i checked, they only have the mr4tc bearings in a kit. will those work for my sd? otherwise, i'll have to buy 'em in pieces...and that's alot more than i'd like to spend.
Old 05-07-2003, 01:30 PM
Tech Champion

Default Re: BEARINGS

Originally posted by DickemDown
i was planning on upgrading the bearings. i've got acer ceramics on my xxx-s, and i'm very satisfied with their performance.

last i checked, they only have the mr4tc bearings in a kit. will those work for my sd? otherwise, i'll have to buy 'em in pieces...and that's alot more than i'd like to spend.
the axle bearings are probably the same along with the diff and outdrive bearings...
Old 05-07-2003, 02:24 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: BEARINGS

Originally posted by rc-zombies
the axle bearings are probably the same along with the diff and outdrive bearings...
yup! matched some old PRO3, MR4 and OB4 outdrive bearings up side-to-side wih the YOK SD kit bearings..direct replacements...haven't matched the axle bearings yet, but they do look familiar...
Old 05-07-2003, 02:49 PM
Tech Elite

SD Bearings...

14x8 2pcs
10x5 4pcs (these two types are for the shaft)
15x10 4pcs (diff outputs)
10x6 8pcs (wheels)
8x5 4pcs (diffs)
8x4 4pcs (steering)

So quite a variety of sizes.

15x10 (4 pcs), 10x6 (8pcs), 8x5 (4pcs) and 8x4 (8pcs) are all used in the TC.

So if you bought a full TC set, you'd be left with four spare 8x4's, and you'd need to find the 14x8's and 10x5's.
Old 05-07-2003, 02:53 PM
Tech Champion

I tried the new Rayspeed O-rings with HPI shock pistons #3...
it feels sooooo much smoother.
Old 05-07-2003, 03:42 PM
Tech Regular

If I'm not wrong, you could try to ask Acer to piece together an SD bearings kit for you. They offered to do so for my kit in the past... regardless of the no. of bearings, price should be the same. So go ahead and try e-mailing them...

junwei
Old 05-07-2003, 04:07 PM
Tech Regular

good idea, jwwu.

thanks.
Old 05-07-2003, 09:38 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Anyone nice enough to scan the 2 SD articles that appears in the June 2003 issue of RC Magazine from Japan?

Link to partial intro of that issue: http://www.yaesu-net.co.jp/rcm/index.html
Old 05-07-2003, 11:00 PM
Tech Elite

The car is done ,all I need are electronics and a one-way..

Only thing is i think the front shocks are layed down to much on the shock tower, might need to shim the front shock fwrd a Bit.
Any one have this problem ?
Old 05-07-2003, 11:47 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally posted by THeGame
The car is done ,all I need are electronics and a one-way..

Only thing is i think the front shocks are layed down to much on the shock tower, might need to shim the front shock fwrd a Bit.
Any one have this problem ?
The SD drivers here @ SOCAL have put (2) of the plastic spacers on the shock tower screws to make them more straight, and some have started to use the rear shock tower in the front with minor mods to have more shock positions! Also some drivers are using the TC3 main shaft the graphite or carbon (not to sure of the material) and cutting it down to fit the SD for less rotating mass.
Old 05-08-2003, 01:44 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default ceramic bearing

excel is making one kit for the SD at $160

http://www.rc-excel.jp/frame1.html

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.