Yokomo MR-4TC SD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree12Likes

Yokomo MR-4TC SD

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2004, 06:56 PM

on your axle problem i'm not sure whats going on, i don't have the right media player to view the video. but i can tell you i just spent 3 hours trying to figure out the same thing on my car. with the wheels turned to full lock and even before it gets to full lock my axles were locking up and the wheels were jumping. i chucked up the axles in a drill press and was able to move the shaft to simulate full turn, no chatter no binding. installed back in car and chatter is there. i figured it must be something in the bearing when the wheels are tight. so i took the wheels off, no chatter, put wheels on chatter. used a spacer instead of wheels tighten axle nut and no chatter. at this point i was confused as hell. so your saying well the wheel webbing is hitting something, nope, thats not it. oh did i mention i had a spool in the car. took the spool out, put in one way, no chatter with wheels on. took one way out, put in diff, little bit of chatter, but not bad. whats going on? i have no idea. there is plenty of room in the outdrives of the spool so thats not were chatter is coming from. on the track i didn't notice any chatter or binding. i even compressed the shocks to see if that made a difference and it didn't. don't know if any of this is of help.

as far as noisy yok spur gears, i have found that different brand pinions will make a big difference in the noise.
Old 07-24-2004, 06:57 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default informal poll

I'm doing an informal poll on what people would want added to a CGM kit, within a reasonable price. I would want the lightweight chassis, aluminum input shafts, and the wide front bumper. They could be added to a new CGM kit and the price would only raise slightly. High end items like Ti screws, lightweight motor mount, and ceramic bearings would probably raise the price too much. What do you think?
Old 07-24-2004, 07:07 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally posted by ritchie
on your axle problem i'm not sure whats going on, i don't have the right media player to view the video. but i can tell you i just spent 3 hours trying to figure out the same thing on my car. with the wheels turned to full lock and even before it gets to full lock my axles were locking up and the wheels were jumping. i chucked up the axles in a drill press and was able to move the shaft to simulate full turn, no chatter no binding. installed back in car and chatter is there. i figured it must be something in the bearing when the wheels are tight. so i took the wheels off, no chatter, put wheels on chatter. used a spacer instead of wheels tighten axle nut and no chatter. at this point i was confused as hell. so your saying well the wheel webbing is hitting something, nope, thats not it. oh did i mention i had a spool in the car. took the spool out, put in one way, no chatter with wheels on. took one way out, put in diff, little bit of chatter, but not bad. whats going on? i have no idea. there is plenty of room in the outdrives of the spool so thats not were chatter is coming from. on the track i didn't notice any chatter or binding. i even compressed the shocks to see if that made a difference and it didn't. don't know if any of this is of help.

as far as noisy yok spur gears, i have found that different brand pinions will make a big difference in the noise.
Been around the Yoke since the MR4-TC came out, and that car would also vibrate when the wheels are turned hard right or left. Never did it on the track though. I think it is associated with the universals turning at the high angle compounded with the balance of the tires and wheels. I don't see any effect of this or a problem while the car is on the track.
Old 07-24-2004, 07:09 PM
Tech Master

Default Re: informal poll

Originally posted by Matt Howard
I'm doing an informal poll on what people would want added to a CGM kit, within a reasonable price. I would want the lightweight chassis, aluminum input shafts, and the wide front bumper. They could be added to a new CGM kit and the price would only raise slightly. High end items like Ti screws, lightweight motor mount, and ceramic bearings would probably raise the price too much. What do you think?
I think that is a good idea, but would also like to see them add a front one-way.
Old 07-24-2004, 09:04 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: informal poll

Originally posted by pops
I think that is a good idea, but would also like to see them add a front one-way.
I thought about that for awhile too, but would rather stick with a diff up front. In the states theres alot of carpet racing and so forth that require a diff up front. For those people a oneway is useless. At least for people that use a oneway you now have a spare diff. Either way people will have to buy either a oneway or a diff.
Old 07-25-2004, 01:33 AM
Tech Regular

Default What i think should be included

I love my CGM and have just about every hop up for it so far. For the price they are a great kit. I think they should have a kit like the HPI Pro4. It comes with a lot more alloy gear and spares. I would be willing to pay more something like what a Pro4 is going for. I dont see why people would buy a drift kit either when a CGM is not a lot more expensive.
Old 07-25-2004, 02:00 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Re: What i think should be included

It should include all the cheap option parts that make everything easier:
new hinge pin screws
small A-arms screws
large bumper....

a few alloy parts
imput shaft
new motor mount (it's expensive but it looks so cool, don't like magnesium that much )

some updated parts
new Arms
some spare 0,5° rear hub carriers
Old 07-25-2004, 08:02 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default How about a signature series CGM?

Personally, I think the CGM is good the way it is... Yokomo should jump on the signature series bandwagon....

Masami Hirosaka Limited Edition CGM which include:
Ceramic Bearings
Aluminum Motor Mount
Aluminum suspension blocks
Aluminum hubs and knuckles
Aluminum drive cup
Large Bumper
New Kingpins
Ti screws
Aluminum input shafts
and something that makes the Masami Edition CGM special like... all the aluminum pieces should be anodized green.

Will it be expensive? Yes.
Will people buy it. I think so , Look at the Surikarn Evo3, people have complained about it's bevel gears and people still bought it.
Old 07-25-2004, 08:33 AM
Tech Regular

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Noise Clamps

[QUOTE]Originally posted by agower
[B]here is a link to a viedo of the wheel problem: wheel problem

i had the same issues and found out it was in the way i shimmed the input gear and the diff or one way (it chattered not matter which was in there.) i had TOO few shims in there - i was trying to free up the drive train as much as possible. anway, i reshimmed it, and the wheel chatter @ full lock went away.

like pops said though, it didn't seem to affect on the track performance.
Old 07-25-2004, 08:43 AM
Tech Initiate

Could someone tell me that is the diference between this 2 products:

http://rc-mushroom.com/product_info.php?products_id=561

and

http://rc-mushroom.com/product_info.php?products_id=662

The difference is in material or size or what?
Old 07-25-2004, 08:50 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by dicort
Could someone tell me that is the diference between this 2 products:

http://rc-mushroom.com/product_info.php?products_id=561

and

http://rc-mushroom.com/product_info.php?products_id=662

The difference is in material or size or what?
the first one is made of aluminium and the second one is made of steel.
yokomo is also making some Ti ball stud but they are quite expensive.
I have the aluminium ones in my car and I've never broken any.
Old 07-25-2004, 09:01 AM
Tech Regular

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Noise Clamps

[QUOTE]Originally posted by DickemDown
[B]
Originally posted by agower
here is a link to a viedo of the wheel problem: wheel problem

i had the same issues and found out it was in the way i shimmed the input gear and the diff or one way (it chattered not matter which was in there.) i had TOO few shims in there - i was trying to free up the drive train as much as possible. anway, i reshimmed it, and the wheel chatter @ full lock went away.

like pops said though, it didn't seem to affect on the track performance.
thanks alot you have finally solved my problem
Old 07-25-2004, 09:45 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by utieh
the first one is made of aluminium and the second one is made of steel.
yokomo is also making some Ti ball stud but they are quite expensive.
I have the aluminium ones in my car and I've never broken any.
Sorry utieh, the silver ones shown are chrome and have a shorter thread length. They are made for the wheel hubs front and rear. They have shorter thread lengths so as not to extend out and cause any rubbing with the universals. The black ones can be used everywhere else except where you would need the long ball studs. The aluminum ball studs come in blue and a dull gray. I tried the dull gray aluminum and they were too soft, snapped one just installing it. Good-by graphite part!
Old 07-25-2004, 12:05 PM
Tech Master

MATT. Your poll on add ons for the CGM.

Very little really. The CGM is a great little car as it comes, and one of the best value for money cars on the market.

I don't like the magnesium motor clamp for it will break when overtightened or badly tightened. An alloy one would take the bending without snapping. And the biggest problem is that when you break the clamp you have to buy the whole magnesium kit of 3 bits. EXPENSIVE !

I like AE's system of automatically updating kits with better parts. Certainly Yoke ought to replace the wishbones with the new, stronger type in all kits fortwith.

Other than that, leave the CGM as it is. It's a great car.

I like the idea of a Masami special. Do you think they are waiting till he wins the worlds. Now that should be an EVERYTHING kit .
Old 07-25-2004, 01:18 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by johnbull
MATT. Your poll on add ons for the CGM.

Very little really. The CGM is a great little car as it comes, and one of the best value for money cars on the market.

I don't like the magnesium motor clamp for it will break when overtightened or badly tightened. An alloy one would take the bending without snapping. And the biggest problem is that when you break the clamp you have to buy the whole magnesium kit of 3 bits. EXPENSIVE !

I like AE's system of automatically updating kits with better parts. Certainly Yoke ought to replace the wishbones with the new, stronger type in all kits fortwith.

Other than that, leave the CGM as it is. It's a great car.

I like the idea of a Masami special. Do you think they are waiting till he wins the worlds. Now that should be an EVERYTHING kit .
what new wishbones?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.