Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree12Likes

Yokomo MR-4TC SD

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2003, 06:59 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Well I completely finished my new B4 now, so it's time to start on the MR-4 SD. Just ordered the titanium screw kit, and titanium nitride shock shafts so I can start getting the chassis and shocks together. Just really wish I could get a dang 1 way for it! Anyone know how I can order from a hobby shop overseas?
Old 05-25-2003, 07:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Try rainbowten in japan. They have them. Oneways that is. Or wait for SpeedtechRC to get them or KThobbies. Maybe they'll have a shipment in after the Reedy Race.
Old 05-25-2003, 08:53 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

I'm just gettin tired of waiting for the parts to show up... Does rainbowten have a website?
Old 05-25-2003, 11:49 PM
Tech Adept

Sorry but im not going to go through 50 pages of reading
Ok what modification to free the drive train? where do you shim it and stuff please help and other modification done to the car
Old 05-26-2003, 12:14 AM
R/C Tech Founder

Originally posted by Yokomo_King
Sorry but im not going to go through 50 pages of reading
Ok what modification to free the drive train? where do you shim it and stuff please help and other modification done to the car
Use the search feature to find what you're looking for. Put in the title of this thread, along with your search terms, and make sure it is set on "Show results as posts."

If you're too lazy to actually look for information, you probably don't deserve to receive it.
Old 05-26-2003, 04:34 AM
Tech Master

Hi guys. Greetings from Malta.

I had my first full race meeting with the SD yesterday.

Boy did that car motor! I won both finals just as I pleased, and obliterated the class lap record in the process.

And to cap it all, the class win has now given me enough of a points advantage with 2 rounds to go to assure the championship win in Super Stock. You could say it was a good day, helped by the fact that my son also won both his finals in modified with his TC3. So we have another record.....first time a father and son have both won their respective classes in the same championship year. I'm on top of the world.

There will be a full report of yesterday's race meeting later today in our club website www.irmcc.com

GLIDE 1. The propshaft mod is simple. The TC3 shaft is made in 3 pieces, the hollow centre rod and two ends. The ends are glued in. Remove one of the ends.......I did it on the lathe. Shorten the rod by the required amount - make sure the total length is absolutely accurate, then glue the end back in.

As a matter of interest the TC3 shaft weighs 6 grams. The standard SD shaft weighs 15 grams, so it's a good saving where it really matters.

The car was really impressive off the line. I started the first final from spot 4 on the grid but was into the first corner first. The second final was easier because I started on pole.

RANDMAN. Thanks for the compliments. You are right, the top pivots are Trinity. In this case they are there purely for strength and to keep everything running true, but I have used them with a bottom swivel on other cars in the past and this way you can adjust the caster too. Problem is that the bottom swivel then becomes an even weaker point.

I see Masami didn't do so badly in the Reedy race. Does anyone know where one can find a report?

Regards

Joe from sunny Malta.
Old 05-26-2003, 06:09 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Here's the Yoke Gold Members edition...Masami's gold ride!
Attached Thumbnails Yokomo MR-4TC SD-dscn0777.jpg  
Old 05-26-2003, 06:14 AM
Tech Fanatic

Toso working on his car.
Old 05-26-2003, 06:19 AM
Tech Fanatic

Sorry here's the pic!!
Attached Thumbnails Yokomo MR-4TC SD-dscn0763.jpg  
Old 05-26-2003, 06:41 AM
Tech Rookie

Smile Masami

Found this on Yokomousa site

Masami's Racing Action Video added to the Forum Video section! (Reedy 2003, Round 2 on Sat. 05/24/03).
It was cold day, the Race started two hours delay, due to rain in the morning. Most of pro drivers were using
the tire warmer to get better traction. Let's see how does Masami drive the New Yokomo SD. Enjoy!

http://www.yokomousa.com/newproducts...ee2003_x23.mpg
Old 05-26-2003, 06:56 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Forgotten to tell you!!

Masamis gold car looking reely good !! And in the video he is going so fast but I have to say that the files Itīs over 13MB mpg big and that would not go fast to download.
Old 05-26-2003, 08:50 AM
Tech Regular

some observations:

1.masami's car had some pieces of lexan to direct some airflow to cool the motor. wonder if it really does help.
2. he seems to be using soft front springs (black or is it silver?) and stiff rear (green) springs. looks like his solution for understeer when using non one ways?
3. he is using a simpler colour scheme (just green and white) for his bodyshell which is different from past cars.
Old 05-26-2003, 10:16 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by Kyew
some observations:

1.masami's car had some pieces of lexan to direct some airflow to cool the motor. wonder if it really does help.
2. he seems to be using soft front springs (black or is it silver?) and stiff rear (green) springs. looks like his solution for understeer when using non one ways?
3. he is using a simpler colour scheme (just green and white) for his bodyshell which is different from past cars.
He painted that body during the REEDY race....since this was the best handling body of choice w/most of the racers.
Old 05-26-2003, 11:16 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Looks like Yokomo had a nice weekend at the Reedy. Will be exciting to see what setups were used. I am looking forward to getting my SD built this week!

Still miffed about the CVD deal...so the front and rear cvd's are different on the SD? Just checking to break the tie...one said yes one said no...lol

Mo congrates on a great weekend...looks like the SD must be working great!

Jeff
Old 05-26-2003, 11:19 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Notice he is also using strapping tape to hold down the battery as well as the strap. I was planning on using strapping tape to reduce weight, but I wonder if there is a need to put the battery strap on like he did.

JohnBull - Congrats to you and your son on the wins! Your car really does look amazing, you should take up an R&D job at Yokomo, I think you have more trick stuff on your car than Masami does... minus the gold

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.