Wiki Posts
Search

Team Corally RDX Phi

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2007, 05:27 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BigTrucks
I am looking at getting the PHI, will the RDX pistons fit in the PHI shocks.

Also what series of Tamyia pistons are being used.

Will the sway bars (Bar Only) from the RDX work on the PHI.

Is the EU chassis 5 cell only or is it 6 slots that will allow you to place battery forward or back

Also any Info or web sites where I can pick one of these up other than the Corally site and Stormer, would be a big help.
Did Mama say you could get one? (I'm looking too )
Old 11-26-2007, 05:34 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

The shocks are exactly the same, so the pistons from the RDX will drop right in. Most of the people that are using the tamiya pistons use the white teflon ones used in their flourine coated TRF shocks. They have 2 and 3 holes versions available. Most people start with the 3 holes if they use tamiya pistons.

I'm pretty sure the swaybars are different. And the EU edition is 6 cell slots, but they have tape slots for 5 cell forward or back.

-Korey

Originally Posted by BigTrucks
I am looking at getting the PHI, will the RDX pistons fit in the PHI shocks.

Also what series of Tamyia pistons are being used.

Will the sway bars (Bar Only) from the RDX work on the PHI.

Is the EU chassis 5 cell only or is it 6 slots that will allow you to place battery forward or back

Also any Info or web sites where I can pick one of these up other than the Corally site and Stormer, would be a big help.
Old 11-26-2007, 07:37 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

If you already had the newer CF6 series arms and the newer upgraded swaybars on your RDX, that hardware is fully transferrable to the Phi. You would just need to buy the Phi f/r swaybar wires (shaped differently from the RDX wires) to have complete swaybar sets for the car.
Old 11-27-2007, 01:50 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Josh H
roll center low in front and high in rear
front shocks.....35wt assoc oil w/tam 3 hole pistons.....middle on tower and out on arm....19lb spring
rear shocks.......25 wt assoc oil w/tam 3 hole pistons.....1 hole in on tower and middle on arm.....17lb spring
wheelbase middle in front and short in rear
camber link up and middle front and rear.....middle on rear hub
width in front .4mm shims.....no shims in rear
oneway......no swaybars
rp30's and a mazda6 or speed 6 lightweight body
sauce full rear and full front.....jtg
castor....3*
camber.....1.75*
droop.....3mm above ride height
if I forgot anything...just ask
hey josh is this setup with the 2mm or 2.5 chasis and with or without rear stiffing brace .
Old 11-27-2007, 04:51 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (80%+)

2.5 chassis with the brace
Old 11-27-2007, 05:40 AM
Tech Regular

hey fellas

has anybody found a hard cased lipo pack to fit the phi yet.
Old 11-27-2007, 06:14 AM
Tech Adept

Peak 3200 fits right in, once you file the battery slots a little, but you've probably done that already to lower your Nimh's.

Cheers
Peter
Old 11-27-2007, 06:16 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by stuey
hey fellas

has anybody found a hard cased lipo pack to fit the phi yet.
The Carbon fits, piece of cake. Just be mindful of the wiring vs battery retention system. Even with a slice of Velcro on the strap, it's possible to eject the pact which causes havoc on the wires. I managed to rip the positive tube out of the pack after one particularly vicious attack. No fires yet, but it makes me wonder !!

Jacko
Old 11-27-2007, 10:30 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Pedro 51
Peak 3200 fits right in, once you file the battery slots a little, but you've probably done that already to lower your Nimh's.

Cheers
Peter
cheers pete

i haven't filed my slots for the nihm packs cos they fit good i have been looking at these orion/peak 3200 but i was under the impresion the higher the c number is (20c 25c) the better the pack is and £78 is a lot of cash for the 2nd best packs also doesn't the top deck get in the way of one of the tube terminals.

stu
Old 11-27-2007, 11:58 AM
Tech Adept

Oh pounds (£), don't you hate them UK prices sometimes.

They are about the same amount in $US so at present exchange rate, less than £40.

The connectors fit, one behind the battery bar and one outside the battery bar, so no problem there.

You are right about the c numbers. Peak have a new 3600 25C pack due soon I believe, probably around £100 - gulp. How much more punchy that will make them I have no idea.

I have not seen a direct comparison between Lipo and NimH in race conditions. I think initial voltage from NiMh is better, but over race distance the lipo will finish stronger. I'm sure some one will explain how wrong I am but it is all a black art to me.

I do know I am dis-illusioned with £56 packs of 4200's. I've had 5 sets so 30 cells, I have had eight cells fail, (but on the positive side none of mine have blown up), despite my dilligent love and care of them. That means I'm left with 2 matched packs, and two made up from the remainder and odd cells i've brought to make up six packs.

Lipo for me = can be charged the day (or week), before, can be topped up during the day, no discharging/equalizing drama. We will have to wait and see how long the last, but i have seen positive reports of their life. Down sid eis adding 200grams of lead to make mininum weight.

Cheers
Peter
Old 11-27-2007, 02:49 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Pedro 51
Oh pounds (£), don't you hate them UK prices sometimes.

They are about the same amount in $US so at present exchange rate, less than £40.

The connectors fit, one behind the battery bar and one outside the battery bar, so no problem there.

You are right about the c numbers. Peak have a new 3600 25C pack due soon I believe, probably around £100 - gulp. How much more punchy that will make them I have no idea.

I have not seen a direct comparison between Lipo and NimH in race conditions. I think initial voltage from NiMh is better, but over race distance the lipo will finish stronger. I'm sure some one will explain how wrong I am but it is all a black art to me.

I do know I am dis-illusioned with £56 packs of 4200's. I've had 5 sets so 30 cells, I have had eight cells fail, (but on the positive side none of mine have blown up), despite my dilligent love and care of them. That means I'm left with 2 matched packs, and two made up from the remainder and odd cells i've brought to make up six packs.

Lipo for me = can be charged the day (or week), before, can be topped up during the day, no discharging/equalizing drama. We will have to wait and see how long the last, but i have seen positive reports of their life. Down sid eis adding 200grams of lead to make mininum weight.

Cheers
Peter
hey pete

ive checked the dimenstions on the 3600 lipo and it's a little bigger than the 3200 not much tho it may just sqeeze in as for those damn nimh batts ive had two packs blow up this year one had just finished charging and was sitting in the car ready for the final luckly i heard them venting the second pack was only one meeting old sitting in my spintec hissing away again luckly got them out in time but at £60 a pack i was extremly pissed off.

as for comparison at our local club meeting you can run either 27t/13.5 lipo/nimh im currently rnning 27t nimh and the only guy who can keep my pace is running 13.5 lipo you would think this would be a better combination it certanly has more grunt but lacks a little top speed we are only talking about 1 car length or so not a gearing issuse it may have somthing to do with the venue size that it keeps it even. personly i think ditch boring stock racing 19t and mod.
Old 11-27-2007, 03:36 PM
Company Representative

Thumbs up 2007 US Indoor Champs

Just updating briefly on the spectacular weekend Team Corally had at the US Indoor Champs this past weekend. Heading into the main events CorallyUSA drivers had locked down 4 TQ's out of the 8 classes. We narrowly missed out on another TQ in Modified Touring by 3 tenths of a second!

The final mains were very successful as well as we took home 4 Wins in the A-main Finals on Sunday afternoon! We will have a detailed report online at www.CorallyUSA.com this week along with photos. Setup sheets will be coming in the next week as we receive them from drivers.

Congrats to Eli Ezrow, Mike Blackstock, Chris Tosolini and Jeff Cuffs for their respective wins! Congrats to Brad Johnson, Mike Blackstock, Andrew Ellis and Eli Ezrow for the TQ spots!
Old 11-27-2007, 03:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Congrats to everyone. Big week for us.
Old 11-27-2007, 03:53 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

GREAT JOB! You'z guy'z..... This confirms my support and Obsessive Compulsive Corally Disorder for all of these years...

The medical acronym also known as --- O.C.C.D. ---
Old 11-27-2007, 06:56 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Korey Harbke
The shocks are exactly the same, so the pistons from the RDX will drop right in. Most of the people that are using the tamiya pistons use the white teflon ones used in their flourine coated TRF shocks. They have 2 and 3 holes versions available. Most people start with the 3 holes if they use tamiya pistons.

I'm pretty sure the swaybars are different. And the EU edition is 6 cell slots, but they have tape slots for 5 cell forward or back.

-Korey
Could u give me alink to the 3 hole ones i cant find them anywhere online any link to the would be great thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.