Search
Like Tree52Likes

Team Losi JRXS Type-R

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2009, 09:07 PM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dcuz383
Finally got the spool. Great part! My stock spool failed after one practice run at Nats. I put in the Fox spool and went right back out. This time the outdrives started to spin. I hand drilled and tapped eight 4-40 set screws in to the plastic hubs to hold in place. This setup ran all week with no failures on the highest bite track that I have ever seen. Ridiculous Bite! I would love to see metal steering hubs and C hubs next.

After a little setup help from Team Xray the JRX-S Type R was great. Some better drivers were able to turn consistent 10.4 second laps with a 17.5 motor. Good enough to be in the top of the A main with a better driver.

Oh Ya Losi did win a National Title! Just not on the race Track.
Congrats, BTW what 1st place is that? concourse?

yes I did 4 drilling and was going to do 4 more to make total of 8 like you did before next race, I left a hint on my blog yesterday. http://dajohnwee.blogspot.com/2009/1...-track-at.html

with only 4 screws I can see front wheels rotate a bit when I brake.

8screws mod should be WTG like you said.
Old 10-07-2009, 04:26 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Originally Posted by da_John_wee
Congrats, BTW what 1st place is that? concourse?

yes I did 4 drilling and was going to do 4 more to make total of 8 like you did before next race, I left a hint on my blog yesterday. http://dajohnwee.blogspot.com/2009/1...-track-at.html

with only 4 screws I can see front wheels rotate a bit when I brake.

8screws mod should be WTG like you said.
Just go back to the stock one and forget about it.. What's gonna happen when you break a outdrive? Do you carry them already modded for set screws?
Old 10-07-2009, 06:52 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nitrobeast
Just go back back to Cali.
Rui, how close is Queens, NY to you and Plumber Joe?
Old 10-07-2009, 07:06 AM
Company Representative

Just go back to the stock one and forget about it.. What's gonna happen when you break a outdrive? Do you carry them already modded for set screws?
not just yet, just like I was carrying a spare diff halves for my stock spool(one with the female threads) yes I been carrying few spool outdrives latley and of cos dremel with a 3/32" bit as usual.

as I mentioned here or on my blog before I been adjusting my front belt tension to give fuse to the spool, so far so good.

if this 8 screws mod and a belt fuse work together then I should have a zero maintainance 1/2 weight, posi lock spool on my car ooh hoo~

BTW have you tried your chopped to the moon upperdeck yet? box stock Rui?
Old 10-07-2009, 07:18 AM
Tech Elite

BTW have you tried your chopped to the moon upperdeck yet? box stock Rui?
Not yet and now im on carpet, no need for it. Maybe i'll put it in for the charity race at Jackson. Might need all the grip we can get with the cool weather
Old 10-07-2009, 07:21 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Greg Sharpe
Rui, how close is Queens, NY to you and Plumber Joe?
Cali??lol That should't be allowed. That can get people in trouble.
Not sure, HORSHAM SON!!!
Old 10-07-2009, 07:37 AM
Company Representative

Not yet and now im on carpet, no need for it. Maybe i'll put it in for the charity race at Jackson. Might need all the grip we can get with the cool weather
yeah I agreed, and I have a brand new uncut upperdeck in my part box for the carpet season too
Old 10-07-2009, 07:59 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

yeah I agreed, and I have a brand new uncut upperdeck in my part box for the carpet season too
I have tried a hacked up deck and it has some big weaknesses. I think the ticket will be flex with all four posts in place. hopefully I get to try it this weekend.
Old 10-07-2009, 08:32 AM
Company Representative

Originally Posted by Dragonfire
I have tried a hacked up deck and it has some big weaknesses. I think the ticket will be flex with all four posts in place. hopefully I get to try it this weekend.
weakness? have you cut like Lucas's or further? I did mine like Lucas and find no weakness in strength part, you mean weakness as driving or set up part? btw I been running with 2 screws on front upper deck in place

Last edited by SweepRacingUSA; 10-07-2009 at 08:49 AM.
Old 10-07-2009, 08:35 AM
Tech Elite

All 4 posts in place? Do you mean the 4 mounting spots of the top deck?
Old 10-07-2009, 10:52 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

weakness? have you cut like Lucas's or further? I did mine like Lucas and find no weakness in strength part, you mean weakness as driving or set up part? btw I been running with 2 screws on front upper deck in place
Weakness in handling. With excessive flex you lose high speed steering and some response. I tried a deck with huge flex and while it feels good on tight turns I struggled badly with mid to high speed corners. It would push like crazy.

All 4 posts in place? Do you mean the 4 mounting spots of the top deck?
I mean using the standard 4 upper deck posts that the chassis comes with that hold the battery tray. I think a soft initial flex will improve the car greatly but it needs to "lock up" fast so you don't lose out in other areas of handling. As long as my new bits and pieces turn up this week I'll be out tesing this weekend.
Old 10-07-2009, 11:53 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Lipos?

sorry guys just going away from the subject, dose anyone have a list of lipos that fit the type R. I am looking in to buying a few sets and most of them are 45.5mm-47mm wide and the space between the pullys is 46.6mm. if anyone can tell me a pack that fits well with a 40c rating would be good. Or am i dreaming lol

Last edited by Geoff fleming; 10-08-2009 at 12:22 AM.
Old 10-08-2009, 04:04 AM
Tech Elite

I mean using the standard 4 upper deck posts that the chassis comes with that hold the battery tray. I think a soft initial flex will improve the car greatly but it needs to "lock up" fast so you don't lose out in other areas of handling. As long as my new bits and pieces turn up this week I'll be out tesing this weekend.
Got it..That's actually how i was gonna try it. Like John said, i chopped one to the moon... But i wont loosen any screws.
Old 10-08-2009, 05:09 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Geoff fleming
sorry guys just going away from the subject, dose anyone have a list of lipos that fit the type R. I am looking in to buying a few sets and most of them are 45.5mm-47mm wide and the space between the pullys is 46.6mm. if anyone can tell me a pack that fits well with a 40c rating would be good. Or am i dreaming lol
I run a thunder power 5000 40c fits great.
Old 10-08-2009, 07:26 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Geoff fleming
The Fantom batteries fit nice too.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.