Search
Like Tree52Likes

Team Losi JRXS Type-R

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2009, 08:09 AM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dragonfire
Weakness in handling. With excessive flex you lose high speed steering and some response. I tried a deck with huge flex and while it feels good on tight turns I struggled badly with mid to high speed corners. It would push like crazy.

I see, thought so. I been testing with front 2 screws on the deck and 2 screws on rear bulk, vice versa or both. so far I like it better with 2 screws on front deck only.
Old 10-09-2009, 12:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Default Limited flex

Weakness in handling. With excessive flex you lose high speed steering and some response. I tried a deck with huge flex and while it feels good on tight turns I struggled badly with mid to high speed corners. It would push like crazy. I mean using the standard 4 upper deck posts that the chassis comes with that hold the battery tray. I think a soft initial flex will improve the car greatly but it needs to "lock up" fast so you don't lose out in other areas of handling. As long as my new bits and pieces turn up this week I'll be out tesing this weekend.
This summer on asphalt I ran a standard deck with silicone insulation stripped off the wire I had laying in the tool box and used paste blue locktite on the fastener ends to hold the screws in place on the 4 center holes(limited access to stuff when your 1 hr from home.) The car was good in the infield and had enough initial & high speed steering for the sweeper. Made the A main in 13.5 against corally's phi's, tc5r's and some 416's. I was making up most of my time in the infield. Not bad for an "old" car
Old 10-09-2009, 06:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Geoff fleming
sorry guys just going away from the subject, dose anyone have a list of lipos that fit the type R. I am looking in to buying a few sets and most of them are 45.5mm-47mm wide and the space between the pullys is 46.6mm. if anyone can tell me a pack that fits well with a 40c rating would be good. Or am i dreaming lol
With the FlyingFox layshaft you get a little more room between the pullies. IP40c also fit along with the thunderpower/fantom 40c.
Old 10-09-2009, 07:45 PM
Company Representative

Originally Posted by Jaz406
Not bad for an "old" car
Old 10-09-2009, 09:03 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by liljohn1064
The Fantom batteries fit nice too.
Originally Posted by steve eaves
I run a thunder power 5000 40c fits great.
They are both the same battery. There is also a fantom 5400 25C which is a better battery for spec. The lower C rating generates more heat during a run so you have better voltage at the end of your race.
Old 10-10-2009, 06:24 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)
Default losi jrxs-R for sale

I have too many cars and want to sell my type-r. The car is in excellent condition and comes with:
1) flying fox top shaft
2) several sets of springs (10,12.5,17.5,20)
3) 1 and 2 degree rear blocks
4) front and rear sway bar set
5) several extra arms
6) center one-way
7) extra-hard front bumper

$235 shipped in US. Please pm me for pics.
Attached Thumbnails Team Losi JRXS Type-R-losi-top.jpg   Team Losi JRXS Type-R-losi-bottom.jpg   Team Losi JRXS Type-R-losi-front.jpg   Team Losi JRXS Type-R-losi-back.jpg  

Last edited by billjacobs; 10-10-2009 at 07:07 AM.
Old 10-10-2009, 06:50 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by billjacobs
I have too many cars and want to sell my type-r. The car is in excellent condition and comes with:
1) flying fox top shaft
2) several sets of springs (10,12.5,17.5,20)
3) 1 and 2 degree rear blocks
4) front and rear sway bar set
5) several extra arms
6) center one-way
7) extra-hard front bumper

$235 shipped in US. Please pm me for pics.
This car never came with a center one way unless you modified the one for the first gen car.
Old 10-10-2009, 06:59 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)
Default center one-way

You simply flip the jrxs one-way. Works perfectly.
Old 10-10-2009, 07:03 AM
Company Representative

The lower C rating generates more heat during a run so you have better voltage at the end of your race.

thats very interesting thought, I will cycle my 40c pack and a 28c pack to see if thtat could be proven by mark down Volt at every 30seconds, what is the cutoff volt for Lipo cycle?
Old 10-10-2009, 07:57 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by da_John_wee
thats very interesting thought, I will cycle my 40c pack and a 28c pack to see if thtat could be proven by mark down Volt at every 30seconds, what is the cutoff volt for Lipo cycle?
Good luck proving that. It has a lower C rating _because_ it holds lower voltage under load. Lower voltage under load is caused by more internal resistance, which causes more heat. To get more heat, you have to have lower voltage. To some extent that effect will stabilize the loss of voltage, but it won't overcome the initial mechanism.
Old 10-10-2009, 08:07 AM
Company Representative

Originally Posted by adamge
Good luck proving that. It has a lower C rating _because_ it holds lower voltage under load. Lower voltage under load is caused by more internal resistance, which causes more heat. To get more heat, you have to have lower voltage. To some extent that effect will stabilize the loss of voltage, but it won't overcome the initial mechanism.

well, basic of electric is heat=more Ir=Lower V=Less Watt=Less HP thats for sure, Lower C rating=lower voltage under load is when if you reached to max discharge Amps, like the Dragonfire said this is for a Stock racing, I dont think we reach that high such as 5Amps X 25c =125Amps, I dought you need to have lower volt to create more heat it should be the other way around _but_ we all been withness hot wrapped Lipo give more punch for sure and I like to see internaly generated heat can help pump out more voltage, 40c pack should get dishcarge ar lower temparture after 1-2 mins than a 28C, lets see if 28c pull out more volt after that period of time with raising Temp.
Old 10-11-2009, 08:43 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default 5th body post

John, I see on your blog that you added the 5th body post..

I noticed that you also put the additional clear piece that rests on the post. Which part is that, can it be used on the front and rear. I've been looking for this for a while and never thought of asking..

Thanks
Old 10-12-2009, 06:51 AM
Company Representative

Originally Posted by MaxRain
John, I see on your blog that you added the 5th body post..

I noticed that you also put the additional clear piece that rests on the post. Which part is that, can it be used on the front and rear. I've been looking for this for a while and never thought of asking..

Thanks
hey max those are from XXX-S LOSA4229, they not in clear thought, I have em on front, rear and now on 5th mount fits perfect.
Old 10-12-2009, 09:10 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by da_John_wee
well, basic of electric is heat=more Ir=Lower V=Less Watt=Less HP thats for sure, Lower C rating=lower voltage under load is when if you reached to max discharge Amps, like the Dragonfire said this is for a Stock racing, I dont think we reach that high such as 5Amps X 25c =125Amps, I dought you need to have lower volt to create more heat it should be the other way around _but_ we all been withness hot wrapped Lipo give more punch for sure and I like to see internaly generated heat can help pump out more voltage, 40c pack should get dishcarge ar lower temparture after 1-2 mins than a 28C, lets see if 28c pull out more volt after that period of time with raising Temp.
Thats the basic jist of it. A 17.5t in particuular draws nowhere near the limit of any roar approved lipo out there. As stated anyone who has tried a warmed lipo knows how much difference a warm pack makes (huge). If you can maintain or even increase a packs temp during a run it serves to maintain a high voltage and as we all know with spec racing/nimh voltage matters. I know someone who has tested this on the track and stated that the lower C rating pack felt a little softer but the lap times said there was no difference. However the difference at the end of the run (laptimes) said the lower C rating pack is faster. From what I have heard and my own exp you want as much capacity as possible along with a low C rating. A good pack for this is the fantom 5400 25C. Capacity and lower C rating and you know its a quality product cause all fantom packs come from thunder power.
Old 10-12-2009, 09:26 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Thats the basic jist of it. A 17.5t in particuular draws nowhere near the limit of any roar approved lipo out there. As stated anyone who has tried a warmed lipo knows how much difference a warm pack makes (huge). If you can maintain or even increase a packs temp during a run it serves to maintain a high voltage and as we all know with spec racing/nimh voltage matters. I know someone who has tested this on the track and stated that the lower C rating pack felt a little softer but the lap times said there was no difference. However the difference at the end of the run (laptimes) said the lower C rating pack is faster. From what I have heard and my own exp you want as much capacity as possible along with a low C rating. A good pack for this is the fantom 5400 25C. Capacity and lower C rating and you know its a quality product cause all fantom packs come from thunder power.
I like the sound of this. I'd like to see it backed up with actual numbers. Get to work da_John_wee!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.