Team Associated TC5

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team Associated TC5

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2009, 04:37 PM
Tech Apprentice

Is there a difference between a slipper spool and a spool?
Old 08-02-2009, 04:49 PM
Suspended

In a spool the pulley is fixed solid to the axle...

A slipper spool goes together in the same way as a diff, just with the diff balls removed and the plates replaced with pads, which allow the whole assembly to be tighened up but allow each individual spool output to move in the event of a crash.

Some people say you can't get them tight enough, I just say they're not trying hard enough to tighen them mine's been fine now since I built it in feb
Old 08-02-2009, 06:02 PM
Tech Apprentice

Do you remove just the balls from the pully or the balls from the pully and the thrust washers? This is how the directions say to build it and they call it a spool.
Old 08-02-2009, 07:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

On the topic of slipper spool, how tight should they be? I built one up last night for my dad's TC5r and it feels like the the slip of it slips to easily but I'm not sure, and the car still needs a ESC and Reciever.
Old 08-02-2009, 08:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

its a spool, locked so it is tight so it wont move.
Old 08-02-2009, 09:43 PM
Suspended

Whilst checking my itf chassis today i noticed that where associated have took out 1mm for the motor to drop in the chassis was starting to split, so i've had to seal the chassis to prevent it getting any worse, so get checking your chassis guys!
Old 08-03-2009, 04:07 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Lugnutz1
Do you remove just the balls from the pully or the balls from the pully and the thrust washers? This is how the directions say to build it and they call it a spool.
u have to use the thrust balls if u dont the spool will loosen up on u so use thrust balls and no diff balls
Old 08-03-2009, 05:19 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 80 (100%+)

My exotek chassis started splitting in two places. I quickly sanded it and put a small amount of glue on it at the track. I think I'm going to take it apart and ca the whole thing.

--pakk
Old 08-03-2009, 08:16 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

That sucks Pakk. Have you been having some brutal impacts or just more mild incidents? I split my last TC5 chassis when I was coming onto the straight and had a pretty bad collision with another car. Did the sanding and CA seem to help?

BTW Pakk, did you ever resolve your issue with the servo arm angle?

I am very pleased with the Exotek and will continue to dial in the car. The increased grip is great and you can still dial in tons of steering as well.

Here is mine ready to go:

Old 08-03-2009, 08:27 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by IIGQ4U
That sucks Pakk. Have you been having some brutal impacts or just more mild incidents? I split my last TC5 chassis when I was coming onto the straight and had a pretty bad collision with another car. Did the sanding and CA seem to help?

BTW Pakk, did you ever resolve your issue with the servo arm angle?

I am very pleased with the Exotek and will continue to dial in the car. The increased grip is great and you can still dial in tons of steering as well.

Here is mine ready to go:

Very nice wiring job looks great.
Old 08-03-2009, 09:19 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (88%+)

that tc5 looks nice bro, i miss mine wish i still had one.
Old 08-03-2009, 09:44 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

I am really beginning to like the TC5. I have owned the car since early February I believe and I have only broken one part! I use all hard parts as well. They are solid cars that can be very fast so long as people stick with them.
Old 08-03-2009, 10:11 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wyd
No it has nothing to do with not liking it. Actually the car was better than it has been since I bought about 2 months ago. I'm switching to another car as I have a deal to run something else.

What I found at are track with the Exotek chassis is I had more traction. I ran 2.5 degrees of rear toe in per side and yesturday I easily was able to 1.5 degrees of teo a side with zero side effect. It was just as hooked up as before but I took a tenth a lap off my time using worn out tires as it was the 3rd week on them. I'm actually very impressed with the chassis overall and if I didn't get a ride I would not of sold the car as the Exotech chassis really was a nice improvement. Steering was very smooth and neutral at are track and weight balance on my car was excellent. On the tweak station I was less than a 1/4 on any one shock differance and thats it.

The fit and finish are excellent on the chassis and I would buy from Exotech again if for whatever reason if I bought another TC5 or even his new Schumahcer MI3 chassis. Very nice stuff.
Boy, too bad you're switching brands. It took me awhile to really get comfortable with the TC5 (especially after driving Cyclones and Tamiyas for a long time) but once I made some key changes the car really came alive for me last year. The turn in and cornerspeed of the TC5 just amazes me.
So what brand are you switching to?

pakk- email me if you need parts support.

IIgq- Nice work there!
Old 08-03-2009, 05:15 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Have any of you just used the Exotek upper deck. I was wondering the effects?
Have any of you used the Exotek on carpet yet?

hpisims what servo are you using? I remember Pakk having issues with fit of the Futaba low profile servo.

Thanks for the info
God Bless
Old 08-03-2009, 05:47 PM
Suspended

Using the standard ITF top deck cut down the middle will give the same effect as the exotec top deck, drivers that used it reported it to give obvious massive amounts of flex and an increase in rear grip.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.